Kraton Replacement kraton shocks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anytime,

I would be interested in the Durango shocks, but no-one has ever sent a link for them.
Guys I had a broken shock rod end and with none available to order I had to do a little simple fix to keep me bashing...
What I did was glue the snapped part back together then I used a dremel to make it thinner and then I glued a washer each side..it's doing well so far and seems solid I might even do this to all my rod ends

Attachments

• IMAG0573.jpg
    IMAG0573.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMAG0574.jpg
    IMAG0574.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 117
  • IMAG0583.jpg
    IMAG0583.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 116
I bought the tekno shocks and ordered the wrong standoffs. Bought the right ones, in the mail, but i was wonderig if u need to buy bushings for the standoffs or shock cap hole and what nuts for standoffs u bought..... got the idea from SCHOEDS, was wondering if u used the bushings and if u did where u got them. Thanks.
If you completely change the suspension geometry by installing shocks that are too short (Nero), that's a downgrade, not an upgrade.

Check out Tekno ET48 shocks. Same length as stock, 4mm shafts.

View attachment 7955 View attachment 7951 View attachment 7952 View attachment 7953 View attachment 7954

The post on the stand offs is bigger. I had to drill out the hole in the shock tower. I think the stock stand offs are an M3 thread and the Teknos are M4 thread diameter. I do not remember if the nuts came with the standoffs or it I just had some extras. laying around.

The post on the stand offs is bigger. I had to drill out the hole in the shock tower. I think the stock stand offs are an M3 thread and the Teknos are M4 thread diameter. I do not remember if the nuts came with the standoffs or it I just had some extras. laying around.
Thanks a lot man..... you just saved me another disappointment, when I broke the shock probably about 3 weeks ago I got some money together and ordered the full option kit with coated shaft and derlin inserts, put them all together just to find out that I didn't have the right standoff and had to wait another week. If I had gotten those in and had to wait another week after that because I didn't have bushings I would have been very mad to say the least. Oh and forgot to mention had to use pliers and a bunch of paper towels to hold the shaft because the end peace didn't want to go on and scraped the shock shaft right before I finished.....

Attachments

• 1492471242582477890157.jpg
    1492471242582477890157.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 76
That's one thing missing from the Full Option shock kit vs the base version that I installed. The bushings come with the base version.
s-l500.jpg

Wow thats kind of dumb, I bought the deluxe package so to speak but didn't even get all the parts needed...... LOL

Agreed... I'm not sure what they were thinking. Although, an upgrade kit assumes you already own the Tekno vehicle being upgraded, and probably don't need that part. I don't think Tekno actually sells the kit that I purchased, mine came from an Ebay chop shop that is just parting out full car kits. The instructions were just a photocopy of the manual.

................. Oh and forgot to mention had to use pliers and a bunch of paper towels to hold the shaft because the end peace didn't want to go on and scraped the shock shaft right before I finished.....

Bummer about scoring the shaft... I don't own a shock shaft tool yet either, so I just put the piston nut on the other end and hold with a wrench.

Yeah... you got to keep me posted on how it does. Very interested in that vehicle also. I really like that brand.

Here's the finished project, Vanning. I apologize if you've already seen this on the Arrma 1/8 facebook group. I don't think I'd dare post this here if it didn't have Arrma electrics... ;-)

20170404_231752.jpg 20170404_230226.jpg 20170404_225616.jpg 20170404_225540.jpg

20170405_130029 (1).jpg

Thanks a lot man..... you just saved me another disappointment, when I broke the shock probably about 3 weeks ago I got some money together and ordered the full option kit with coated shaft and derlin inserts, put them all together just to find out that I didn't have the right standoff and had to wait another week. If I had gotten those in and had to wait another week after that because I didn't have bushings I would have been very mad to say the least. Oh and forgot to mention had to use pliers and a bunch of paper towels to hold the shaft because the end peace didn't want to go on and scraped the shock shaft right before I finished.....

Tekno makes that tool to hold the Shock rods during assembly. Was a great addition to my tool chest. I have used it for my 1/10 shocks as well. Probably the most expensive set of pliers I've bought. But for a specialty tool, I guess I can't complain too much. After all I throw a $1000 toy car, off a skate ramp, 15 feet in the air. So I may as well have the tools to fix it.

Can anyone confirm that 4 mm is the diameter needed?

Im Thinking of buying the Nero Shocks, Heard a few people about it, anyone knows if Thats a good idea? Or some alternatieve?Don't want to spend a 100 euro's..But the stock ones are crap.

Guys I had a broken shock rod end and with none available to order I had to do a little simple fix to keep me bashing...
What I did was glue the snapped part back together then I used a dremel to make it thinner and then I glued a washer each side..it's doing well so far and seems solid I might even do this to all my rod ends
Gold !! Good thinking bro should work well ;) I wonder what will stress next. Maybe the a arm ? Or the shock shaft ? Who knows.
R Duper killed the Tekno shock piston in 5 minutes go hard enough something gunna give !!!
I love the stock arrma shocks with extra washer the right weight fluid and some decent springs :DHappy Days !!!

Back