Senton Senton 550 Overheating w/ Max10 esc and 3600kv motor combo and Savox SW1211SG servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaimemira

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
The Max10 ESC is the only thing that’s overheating. I’m running this combo with 16t pinion 57t spur gear. after about 10 minutes runtime. This happens when I use a 2s 5200mah and 3s 3300mah. I think that my steering is off and the esc is trying hard to compensate for it while trying to power the OP servo. My steering never returns completely I think bc there is resistance. I have no idea why there is resistance it could be that i have screws too tight or loose. Plz help me I appreciate you everyone even tho im new here.

Disconnect the servo saver from the servo, turn the car on, center the steering trim and center it then reinstall. While you're at it, move the wheels by hand and feel for any binding. The Max10 may be too weak for a 1/10 4x4 SCT, you want an ESC with a minimum rating of 100A for 1/10 4x4 RCs usually.

How are you driving it? What do the connectors look like? Wire size?
I punch the throttle for ramps and to see the speed, and sometimes in grass. The connectors are XT60. Wdym by wire size?
Disconnect the servo saver from the servo, turn the car on, center the steering trim and center it then reinstall. While you're at it, move the wheels by hand and feel for any binding. The Max10 may be too weak for a 1/10 4x4 SCT, you want an ESC with a minimum rating of 100A for 1/10 4x4 RCs usually.
I have the Max10 SCT actually it says its 120A. I’ve centered the servo a few times in the past month and hooked it up & turned it & it overturns when i turn it to the left. Tried tightening screws everywhere & it didnt fixit I’m replacing suspensions bars though because I think the stock ones are stripped
The Max10 SCT would be a better choice- it has 120A capability vs. the 60A of the regular Max20. Not many people realize that difference.
The Max10 SCT would be a better choice- it has 120A capability vs. the 60A of the regular Max20. Not many people realize that differen
The Max10 SCT would be a better choice- it has 120A capability vs. the 60A of the regular Max20. Not many people realize that difference.
I do have the Max 10 SCT actually its the more modern one with the fan inside right? I think I may just switch with my traxxas servo and see if its better bc I don't want to lose my motor fan

Last edited:
I punch the throttle for ramps and to see the speed, and sometimes in grass. The connectors are XT60. Wdym by wire size?

I have the Max10 SCT actually it says its 120A. I’ve centered the servo a few times in the past month and hooked it up & turned it & it overturns when i turn it to the left. Tried tightening screws everywhere & it didnt fixit I’m replacing suspensions bars though because I think the stock ones are stripped

I do have the Max 10 SCT actually its the more modern one with the fan inside right? I think I may just switch with my traxxas servo and see if its better bc I don't want to lose my motor fan
Both Max10 & Max10SCT have fans.. it sounds like you are running the Max10. Picture??

It's possible you have a bad ESC... the BEC in the Max10 delivers power to the servo. It might not be sending the proper voltage.
Also, have you calibrated your steering end points? In the receiver, not the physical turnbuckles. If you centered it up and it's still over steering to one side, it's not calibrated correctly.

It's possible you have a bad ESC... the BEC in the Max10 delivers power to the servo. It might not be sending the proper voltage.
Also, have you calibrated your steering end points? In the receiver, not the physical turnbuckles. If you centered it up and it's still over steering to one side, it's not calibrated correctly.
it’s still heating up maybe bc i run it through grass at my house. and i don't make it struggle through grass i try to keep it on the dirt or asphalt. should i just upgrade it because i honestly think its shot from heating up so many times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back