Smilinbri's RC track build-Ridin' Dirty Raceway

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. I spent too much time thinking about it and gettin' frustrated....so said eff it for now. :ROFLMAO:

Tomorrow you will look at it and you will wonder why you were having a problem with it, and it will all make sense.

Man I'm beat. Just now called it a day. Def made good progress today. Just gotta finish relocating the dirt mound to the ramp and other places, finish up some piping, level some areas and put some final touches on. Hopefully it won't rain tomorrow.

The bridge.......sorry guys, but I gave up on that for now. 🤷‍♂️ I was trying to work with materials I already had and it just wasn't coming out to my liking. I might try again at a later date.

For now, I built a table......I mean a tunnel of sorts. :ROFLMAO: I know it's looks stoopid, but I'm gonna pretty it up, don't worry. 🤗 Little taller than I wanted, but eff it. It's like a funnel.....only 4' wide going in and out, so makes it a challenge. It's portable so if I don't like it, I can just remove it.

Here's a few progress pics from today......
View attachment 302692View attachment 302693View attachment 302694View attachment 302695View attachment 302696View attachment 302698View attachment 302699

View attachment 302701
That is so damn sweet.wow awesome job😍👍 I think it's time I get into this part of the hobby..you make me want to get a off road rig now.😁

Looking good! Do you have any local hobby shops you could post pics and invite others to run? Or even local facebook or neighborhood social media sites? I remember what a challenge it can be to get participation when I built mine. Persistence finally paid off. So much more fun when racing with others. Just a thought.

Looking good! Do you have any local hobby shops you could post pics and invite others to run? Or even local facebook or neighborhood social media sites? I remember what a challenge it can be to get participation when I built mine. Persistence finally paid off. So much more fun when racing with others. Just a thought.
Thanks!

Good ideas. I'll def have to think on that. (y)

Well, it's about 99% complete. Still got a few grass roots to pull up and there's a few spots with lots of little rocks embedded in the dirt....guess that could be a crawler section. :ROFLMAO:

Swept and wet down the new section. Too tired to do all that to the old section today. Even dressed up the "table tunnel". 😁

Gonna grab some dinner, charge a couple batts and take a shower. Then takin' the Tekno SCT410.3 out for the inaugural run before it gets dark!! Sooooo excited!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL: I'll Go-pro some vids to share. Thanks for following my track build!! I LOVE THIS HOBBY!! 😍🥳🤗:LOL:😁(y)✌️
20230529_174233.jpg
20230529_174300.jpg
20230529_174331.jpg
20230529_174355.jpg
20230529_174412.jpg
20230529_174430.jpg
20230529_174450.jpg
20230529_174817.jpg

😙 patiently waiting for go-pro vids before edible kicks in and I lose ability to find my way back here.🤪
O dude.....it's too late to download and edit those tonight. I'll work on it tomorrow. Sweet dreams! 😁

Well, the novelty wore out quick on my "table tunnel". 🤷‍♂️ It was def challenging, but also just slowed the driving rhythm down and got frustrating. So bye-bye to that idea. 😂

Went back to basics and just made it lanes and added another small ramp. Track is def uneven and really rough, so gotta smooth some areas out. Took a while to get used to the new layout and the length of the track/sight lines. Might need to put a chair on top of the shed. 😂

Had to adjust the angle of my ramps too. Kept nose diving. Broke off the front of my Tekno body, and cracked it. :rolleyes: Almost got them perfect now. New one added today needs adjusted.

Other than that, I'm lovin' it. Ran the Senton 3s this morning. Didn't have time to put together Go-Pro vids yet as I had adulting to do today. :rolleyes:

20230530_112226.jpg
20230530_112255.jpg
20230530_112308.jpg
20230529_204946.jpg
20230529_204951.jpg
VideoCapture_20230530-123027.jpg
VideoCapture_20230530-123212.jpg

Well, the novelty wore out quick on my "table tunnel". 🤷‍♂️ It was def challenging, but also just slowed the driving rhythm down and got frustrating. So bye-bye to that idea. 😂

Went back to basics and just made it lanes and added another small ramp. Track is def uneven and really rough, so gotta smooth some areas out. Took a while to get used to the new layout and the length of the track/sight lines. Might need to put a chair on top of the shed. 😂

Had to adjust the angle of my ramps too. Kept nose diving. Broke off the front of my Tekno body, and cracked it. :rolleyes: Almost got them perfect now. New one added today needs adjusted.

Other than that, I'm lovin' it. Ran the Senton 3s this morning. Didn't have time to put together Go-Pro vids yet as I had adulting to do today. :rolleyes:

View attachment 303038View attachment 303039View attachment 303040View attachment 303041View attachment 303042View attachment 303043View attachment 303044
Looking good dude 🤘

Is it just me thinking this? There is actually a lot of space on the left to enlarge that track to a huge "L". 😁 :unsure:

View attachment 303458
I got plenty of room to expand....but wifey was okay with this.....so don't wanna push it......for now. 😜 😂 😁

You plan this by adding two removable ramps on the left. Then open the track and add the loop with two ramps. With time they just stay there. And so on.... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back