Someone doesn't know what voltage a lipo should be storage charged to

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The micro ones can have pretty crazy resistance values. I’m not totally sure but from what I can remember 100+ isn’t that unusual ( I know it sounds crazy) Someone in quads would probably know.
350mah Dynamite 2s. Cell 1 is at 23.
20221113_202420.jpg

i did reply, told them they were wrong and stated what voltages were what E.G. 3.2 dead 3.8 storage and 4.2 fully charged. also sent a link to "what voltage should a lipo be stored at" google search. they sell motors with there name on them and go into very specifics of the motor. they state things like "this is the new X motor from X (insert their name). it sure seems like they make their own products but frankly i don't give a :poop:. they are a very reputable and trusted brand in the crawler segment and they sure as :poop: should know better.
What brand is this????:unsure:
350mah Dynamite 2s. Cell 1 is at 23.
View attachment 256184
I personally feel Dynamite sucks in general. Have 4 of their 3s 3kmah packs. And IR's were all over the place when new.
Is that IR above reflecting at fully charged?
Batteries at storage charge should remain, virtually, unchanged. Even if you just leave it sitting there for a year or three.
As they age alone , any lipo at resting storage volts will drop. I noticed even after sitting for 4 months unused. Even with $high end$ packs.
The initial charge from factory production are designed to last on the inventory shelf. At 3.80-3.85 volts/cell.
After a few cycles, the resting voltage does drop when stored. This is normal. Good to top off Storage Charging them every few months or so, if they are never used. Healthier for the cells. Keeping them balanced.
:cool:
The micro ones can have pretty crazy resistance values. I’m not totally sure but from what I can remember 100+ isn’t that unusual ( I know it sounds crazy) Someone in quads would probably know.
As long as the IR values are close from cell to cell, the pack will perform at it's best possible.
My small cheapo 2s lipo packs I use in my radio only has double digit IR's at Full charge. FWIW.

Last edited:

I personally feel Dynamite sucks in general. Have 4 of their 3s 3kmah packs. And IR's were all over the place when new.
Is that IR above reflecting at fully charged?

As they age alone , any lipo at resting storage volts will drop. I noticed even after sitting for 4 months unused. Even with $high end$ packs.
The initial charge from factory production are designed to last on the inventory shelf. At 3.80-3.85 volts/cell.
After a few cycles, the resting voltage does drop when stored. This is normal. Good to top off Storage Charging them every few months or so, if they are never used. Healthier for the cells. Keeping them balanced.
It came with my SCX24. Yes.

Guys it gets worse. A couple days ago i responded to the email just asking what the internal resistance of the cells should be. This is what i got back in response, "I don't think there is a way to test battery cell resistance. It will likely ruin your voltage meter or short out the cell".
Im speachless and terified

The brand of battery is the company im dealing with. I was very hsistant to mention their name but im reaching the point of F-it.

Why not mention the brand? Are they a vendor here on AF?
Nice to share that info. :unsure:
Keeping it a secret matters?:rolleyes:
Sharing brand experiences here helps everyone. What AF is about.

Why not mention the brand? Are they a vendor here on AF?
Nice to share that info. :unsure:
Keeping it a secret matters?:rolleyes:
It seems like brand bashing is extremely frowned upon in forums in general. Every time i see someone bashing a brand they end up getting bashed worse than the brand. Someone always get butt hurt that someone esle has something negative to say about their favorite brand. Buuttt, Its MofoRC, don't buy anything from them

I disagree.
Here on AF for many years now.
We pay for the product and it is a mess.... let others know. Including Arrma products. How products get evaluated and improved. With real life use and experiences. You miss the whole point. You must be new here. This is not The Traxxass forum. Wholly owned by Traxxass and will be snubbed if you bash a Trx product. AF has no affiliation with Arrma or any other brand of RC product. We are a collaborative of RC minds that readily share info.
If you keep beating around the bush, this is a dead thread going no where IMHO.
It's your call.
No one is going to pull teeth here.:rolleyes:
We don't hold hands and sing Cumbya.

It seems like brand bashing is extremely frowned upon in forums in general. Every time i see someone bashing a brand they end up getting bashed worse than the brand. Someone always get butt hurt that someone esle has something negative to say about their favorite brand. Buuttt, Its MofoRC, don't buy anything from them
Mofo RC?
Jimmy Fallon No GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

I disagree.
Here on AF for many years now.
We pay for the product and it is a mess.... let others know. Including Arrma products. How products get evaluated and improved. With real life use and experiences. You miss the whole point. You must be new here. This is not The Traxxass forum. Wholly owned by Traxxass and will be snubbed if you bash a Trx product. AF has no affiliation with Arrma or any other brand of RC product. We are a collaborative of RC minds that readily share info.
If you keep beating around the bush, this is a dead thread going no where IMHO.
It's your call.
No one is going to pull teeth here.:rolleyes:
We don't hold hands and sing Cumbya.
Its my experience in every forum every for the last 20+ years or whenever forums became a thing. I also try to stay away from brand self owned forums.
They are big with the scx24 and maybe some other cars

What then is whole point of this thread anyway?:unsure:
To hold your hand?
You want info, but won't share the obvious info with others?
Quite selfish with all due respect.:rolleyes:

I'm out of here.:ROFLMAO:

To hold your hand?

You should have finished reading post number 46 :ROFLMAO:
Btw, the purpose of this thread was to make sure i knew what storage voltage is.

To hold your hand?

Bruh...he did name them :)

Guys it gets worse. A couple days ago i responded to the email just asking what the internal resistance of the cells should be. This is what i got back in response, "I don't think there is a way to test battery cell resistance. It will likely ruin your voltage meter or short out the cell".
Im speachless and terified

The brand of battery is the company im dealing with. I was very hsistant to mention their name but im reaching the point of F-it.
Jesus Christ man...volt meter?!?! These people literally don't know anything. Not to go full Karen, but this really is a "I'd like to speak to your manager" moment. The owner of the company really needs to be made aware of how his customer's questions are being answered and that this is now a matter of public record that should be rectified (and you should be compensated for quite frankly). His customer support representative(s) badly need to be educated on some essential basics if they're going to be answering questions about batteries. I'd hate to see what they have to say on other topics if they don't even have the fundamentals down.

If it were me, I'd make a big deal out of this. This is gross incompetence and ignorance. "I don't care" would have been a better reply than anything they've given you so far. At least "I don't care" would have been true.

I feel 100 percent they should be called out publicly and everybody should be aware of who they are but past experiences have made me very caucious of doing so.
I feel you. From my own experience on here, don't be shy to call out a company that has done you wrong. If your grief with them is reasonable, you will find support here. I had my own issue with a shop and made my experience public on here. It was a really stupid thing too that was totally unnecessary. It was a $20 item where they sent me the wrong one and instead of correcting the issue, either by not reading or not comprehending what I wrote, they just kind of blew it off. To their credit, someone else at the company got involved who not only sent me a replacement for the item, but he threw in a set of titanium center drive shafts for my car for free for my troubles.

Believe me when I tell you that companies want to know about things like this so that they can address them before their reputation is ruined. That's why just about any company worth their salt these days has some manpower dedicated to scouring the web for problems they might otherwise not be aware of. Public image is not to be underestimated as a tool in the consumer's utility belt. Wield it as a weapon if necessary. As I'm sure you've noticed by now, this forum has a lot of traffic and an active and engaged community. I've never heard of MofoRC, but it's safe to say that I would avoid them at this point unless they come back with an acknowledgement of the problem, an apology and some form of restitution in your direction.

To wrap this up, I continued to change the title of my thread (in which I named the shop) as their response to my issue improved. I continually posted updates and finished by praising how they handled the issue. It's ok to call any company out that does or says stupid stuff. Just remember to do right by them if they do right by you. But that's just me. YMMV :)

I've heard of them. They are not any big deal RC company to say they are reputable. They are not even on the RC Map IMHO.
Few companies can claim that title these days.
MofosRC Sucks among others. There are many.

I've heard of them. They are not any big deal RC company to say they are reputable. They are not even on the RC Map IMHO.
Few companies can claim that title these days.
MofosRC Sucks among others. There are many.
Seems like every youtube channel that covers the scx24 mentions them and their parts at least once if not on a regular basis. Them seemed like a big deal to me, whatever

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back