Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I don't like KT and the dude from driftomaniacs, for many reasons. I watched some of their movies and almost all are boring. Especially boring is destroying things on purpose. but both have their audience and seams they doing fine.

I thought this may be fun to discuss Talbot's Limitless build.

My list of concerns:
1. Having 2 motors that likely don't output the same KV. (This means one set of wheels is going to try and go faster than the other.)
2. Room for ESCs and Batteries.
3. Purchasing a 1mm body.
4.The radio he is using.
5. The lack of experience running over 100mph.

Overall I am glad he is doing this project to cast some light onto the speed run side of the hobby.
Let's hope he doesn't seriously hurt someone. Not being to negative but he basically steals people's ideas and information, he's been doing it for ages. Booted him out of #arcouk after him and pat turned up causing trouble. I think they all forget the very negative videos he used to make about Arrma and how much grief he gives people with a different opinion. Creating hate groups to hate on other people isn't cool. There is a load of better information available on the subject. From people that actually know what they are talking about. Just for view's right and for 29,99 he can show you how to. ?

Last edited:
He has the budget for it...
Yep, he is stuck with whatever the motor can output as his gearing. There really isn't good options for differentials. You have the 3.3 ratio it comes with or the 4.3 from the Kraton/Noto/Outcast.

He can set throttle limits in the ESC or radio to work up to speed slowly. Luckily it seems there are plenty of open for public use airfields in Europe (so jealous of that)

Razzzzz started with 2 motors on his Limitless and finally found what others had found... 1 motor works better in RC cars. With that said the guys that run catamaran RC boats swear by using 2 motors.

I find the idea of having the motors direct drive interesting, and had not seen that idea yet on the Limitless. If I were to setup something like this I'd have the motors shafts extend out the back of the motors and do another dog bone connecting the 2 motors to help synchronize them.
They saw the German guy Markus do it in a typhon and copied him.

Can't wait to see this beast run, sure it'll be a mess of settings and all that but boy howdy will it be epic when it crashes! I don't think Kevin is over his head, I think he's just having fun with the concept and trying things others are afraid to. Click bait or not, you have to admit it's interesting. Else why did this thread get created in the first place ;)

I like Kevin, he's hilarious "what's happening...WHAT'S HAPPENING?!"

He does very well with his business. He’s not the dummy people seem to think he is...
No one said he's dumb apart from you ? i just find it like watching a bad kids TV programme. Really have got better things to watch. But hay each to their own.

No one said he's dumb apart from you ? i just find it like watching a bad kids TV programme. Really have got better things to watch. But hay each to their own.
Kevin's shtick is basically slap shtick comedy with RC's, fills a niche by trashing his RC's and trying different things so we don't have to ;)

His and Rich's videos convinced me to get an arrma...

Every person has something someone else will find annoying but the good news is there are a lot of sources of info so one can easily find something they at least kind of like ;)

I am one of his subscribers and generally find his videos nicely edited and entertaining, he does things no other rc YouTubers do. But I do hate the bit where he advertises his eBay stuff at the start of every video, I tend to skip that asap.
Like what?? ? ? ? ? Break stuff. It's not difficult trust me.
Look out we got a fan boy in the house. Grab your helmets and shut down your in box the abusive message will start anytime now..
Just kidding i think they've grown out of that now since A certain Auzzie called them out ?

Can't wait to see this beast run, sure it'll be a mess of settings and all that but boy howdy will it be epic when it crashes! I don't think Kevin is over his head, I think he's just having fun with the concept and trying things others are afraid to. Click bait or not, you have to admit it's interesting. Else why did this thread get created in the first place ;)

I like Kevin, he's hilarious "what's happening...WHAT'S HAPPENING?!"

He’s done well for himself , ripping ppl off with a some Bull? EBay course ?.
Bashing Guide? .
Bitcoin mining. And of course the you tube vids, That Lambo is just a Marketing tool it’s on payments . More click bait. And EBay nonsense. You could be like me if you buy my Ebay course ???..
Anyone of us can smash up our RC’s For Fun but it’s money to fix it .
unlike deep pockets KT .
I just find it strange that ppl are sucked in by all that crap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back