Limitless Talbot's fastest RC car project discussion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the DX5c and and sr6100at receiver you can clone the throttle channel and put it on another channel and independently control the gain % of that cloned channel, so in theory you could tune the second motor to get wheel speed to be the same if running a different size tire but it would be pretty dang difficult to dial in I think.
You would need a dyno on each axle to dial that in. But it could be done.
??? odd batteries and using XT90's on something with that much power = epic fail..?
He addressed that before in an earlier video. His hope was to just do a little testing with that setup and he had matching lipos on the way. He was going to use 8mm bullets on those packs.

Talbot is a idiot.

Stepping into RC beginning of the year I watched a lot of his vids. Just to learn some basics and get an idea about durability. But last months I watched other channels/reviewers which IMO are more detailed since I'm now more interested in areas of improvement of rigs instead of knowing after how many feet of launch something breaks.

He is very popular, so more power to him. That's great that he found a niche where he can get tons of views and subscribers.

That being said, it may be because I'm getting old and grumpy, but I have no patience for BS advertising and non-stop crazy shenanigans. His style reminds me of the crazy YouTubers my son listens to sometimes. It's already driving me nuts to hear this in the background from my son's iPad, I'm not going to willfully listen to this on my own. :)

I can watch videos from RCDude81, Rich Duperbash, Thomas P, Razor RC, Bicketybam, etc. for hours. Their videos are informative, entertaining and somewhat relaxing, but I find KT's videos to be exhausting. Again, I guess grumpy old dudes are not part of his target audience. :)

Last edited:
Talbot is a idiot.
He's a rich idiot though through his own efforts isn't he. :D ;)

Personally he is not my "cup of tea" at all but it can be funny at times watching his videos. I hate his "click bait" titles and thumbnails on his videos but still that's how he gets views I guess & it's got you all talking about him/it hasn't it. (y)

Where’s your 200+mph car?
Where’s your 700k+ subscribers?
Where’s your Lambo?

This isn't the kind of goals i have in my life :ROFLMAO: . And we come back about, "we are jealous", hoooo no, jealous of this guy, not at all :ROFLMAO: I'm not materialist at this point. He is a clown who love making money, that's it. Watch the worst TV shows, they are those who make the most audience.

What can I say, I watched him shoegoo a body :rolleyes: , in my defense it was running in the background and mainly because nothing else on that is interesting at the moment.
More power to him, looks like he is on his own path and it's entertaining to a degree. If it's not to your liking, it's free choice and not a must watch.
Based on his comments etc, sees like he will be on the Youtube landscape for a while, might even open his own studio for others, who knows.
If he gives it a title that grabs attention, it's called advertising. I don't consider it click bait but that is always a fine line at times.
No idea how fast he will go on this build but nobody would care if he called it 'Project 102.5 mph car'. Maybe it inspires others to do it better and put themselves out there.

For all the negative Nancy’s and know it alls out there, I just have to ask

Where’s your 200+mph car?
Where’s your 700k+ subscribers?
Where’s your Lambo?
Why you asking about the lambo I certainly didn't steal the lambo so don't bother checking the climate controled/carpeted storage container that mysteriously showed up overnight.

For me he is a funny guy but doesn't really care about his rcs too much he is rich so
Yeah, he's the idgaf about breaking s*** person that we all wish that we could be!
I think he also plays the roll of having a broad market comedic appeal which lets him pull people into a very niche type of video (videos for any hobby are niche pretty much by definition).
People outside the hobby watch him, buy a RC, bash it, break it and when it comes time to fix it will then, over the course of time, find other more informative youtubers, signup for forums, FB group, etc...
He plays a roll, every hobby has that kind of youtuber! (And they are always disliked by the more experienced people)
You need people like him in order for the hobby to grow and replace people that move over into other hobbies.

Last edited:
I find him entertaining. There are channels where I will learn a ton of stuff, there are channels where I will watch a ton of stuff.

His is one where I watch....I learn stuff from other channels, but IMHO there is a place for both, so I have no fault with his content. The speed run project is cool if you ask me, I want to see him succeed.

I just like how he sets a challenge and makes bad choices all of us have made before. Like thinking a huge esc will hold up; puting 12S on a 6S rated motor or being unaware of what kind of battery can deliver the requested amps. 90 more steps to go before he reaches 2/3 of his goal.

I've played around with dual motor setups. It's fun and frustrating at the same time. It's not so hard to calibrate the escs/motors assuming you have enough grip on both. Even when they are on different voltage/kv as long as one motor doesn't pull the other motor above it's max intended rpm (KV*V) they will just divide the required power between them. It just feels wonkey and that's not what you want on high speeds. And the extra weight & volume takes away most advantage of having more power.

He’s rich and maybe not that smart but he’s definitely not greedy and he’s absolutely self made. The only people accusing him of “click baiting” have never seen a clickbait video in their life because none of his titles are flat out misleading. I’m not defending him, they are a little more enticing than his video, but there are thousands of channels that do it way, way worse. I respect him. He’s been in the game 10 times longer than half the people here and that’s not even exaggerating. KT knows what’s up, but his channel’s persona is all about being noob friendly and being funny, so he’s not gonna sit there and bore normal people (by that I mean non rc enthusiasts) with rc technical talk. He’s just trying new things. The guy can build a 150mph rc car just like a lot of the people here who’ve been in the game for 2 years can. But that’s been done, he’s trying something different, and the views are backing him up!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back