Ugh ,… 2 dead UDR’s !!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
So I sold my UDR ( blue one ) to my friend that already had one so him and his son can both run . Calls me to tell me both died and it wasn’t the batteries. Says they died minutes of each other. ????? I checked them out today , white one all lights blinking red ( kiss if death) , mine I sold him is solid green and all solid red lights , both steering still working . Tried the ESC calibrate to radio , nothing . At worst I have to put a new ESC in the one I sold him and eat that one .

IMG_2761.jpeg

did you try unplugging the servo.
No because both trucks ( fully charged batts ) servos work perfectly . I know what you are saying cause this happened in my friends RTR K6S , the servo died and it wouldn't allow the esc to work ( learned the hard way , replaced ESC and that wasn't it ) , new servo , everything worked !!!
I researched and many . many reports of this VXL 6s ESC in the Erevo 2.0 / UDR / Sledge giving shitting the bed . If the truck were still mine , I'd throw a Max6 in it , but I will just get a new one from JRC and be done with it .

So I sold my UDR ( blue one ) to my friend that already had one so him and his son can both run . Calls me to tell me both died and it wasn’t the batteries. Says they died minutes of each other. ????? I checked them out today , white one all lights blinking red ( kiss if death) , mine I sold him is solid green and all solid red lights , both steering still working . Tried the ESC calibrate to radio , nothing . At worst I have to put a new ESC in the one I sold him and eat that one .

View attachment 309373
Rc cars are like people sometimes..when your partner passes away you feel lonely and heart broken 💔.that's what happened here.poor things..they really loved each other..😒

Don't want to be that guy, but why is it your issue?

Even if it's my best mate, he isn't getting an ESC out of me after buying it, especially in a bash where he broke his existing one
Damn bro 😨 can't you show some compassion .two RC'S just passed away .this is a very sad day 😭 how dare you be that guy at a time like this.we all should gather together and show some grieving. 🙏

Damn bro 😨 can't you show some compassion .two RC'S just passed away .this is a very sad day 😭 how dare you be that guy at a time like this.we all should gather together and show some grieving. 🙏
I'd grieve by rolling a blunt and helping him fix it, but that is as far as my generosity goes I'm afraid

Even if it's my best mate, he isn't getting an ESC out of me after buying it, especially in a bash where he broke his existing one
It’s July, I’m sure they overheated them - to death. Whatyagunnado?

I hear you , and yeah , it sucks that I am going to eat the esc , but what if I sold it to you and it lasted 5 minutes , you wouldn't be calling me back demanding something ? I am unbelievably surprised it quit like that on his first run out , but then again not surprised as all the internet complaints about Traxxas electronics , especially ESC's !!!
Whenever I sell an RC , either to a friend or a stranger I am totally confident in what I sell , the last thing I need is for whomever to think I ripped you off . Not worth it , he gets a new ESC , being the ESC is the heart of the operation , whatever or whenever happens to the new one , then I'm out .
It’s July, I’m sure they overheated them - to death. Whatyagunnado?
I think the TRX ESC has a thermal shutdown to not have this happen . I can see now I have the truck in my possession , it really wasn't used long , or hard on that day it broke .

I hear you , and yeah , it sucks that I am going to eat the esc , but what if I sold it to you and it lasted 5 minutes , you wouldn't be calling me back demanding something ? I am unbelievably surprised it quit like that on his first run out , but then again not surprised as all the internet complaints about Traxxas electronics , especially ESC's !!!
Whenever I sell an RC , either to a friend or a stranger I am totally confident in what I sell , the last thing I need is for whomever to think I ripped you off . Not worth it , he gets a new ESC , being the ESC is the heart of the operation , whatever or whenever happens to the new one , then I'm out .
Not at all, it's the nature of the hobby.

Throw in the fact he cooked 2, in July and well...I don't see this as on you in anyway bud but it is very honourable of you to replace it

Not at all, it's the nature of the hobby.

Throw in the fact he cooked 2, in July and well...I don't see this as on you in anyway bud but it is very honourable of you to replace it
Oh , to be clear , after I put it in , I will explain he's on his own after this , but he will be paying me to fix his other one , the cost of the ESC and labor then .

Like he stated it's his friend he sold it to so even though its not his problem due to the nature of buying used he doesn't want to loose a friendship or get the reputation of selling something bad..Friendships last a life time and ESC s don't @3x9rtse seems like a good friend to have👍

For the record , if it was still mine , and I was ripping it around and this happened ( ESC let go ) , I would not be putting that crap back in it , it would be getting a Max6 . But , he / they are not very RC savvy , need it to be factory / plug and play , ntm , it would be even more work for me to redo the mounting / motor extension wires / solder on TRX plugs / ntm cost more . JennysRC $109 for the ESC , but will call my LHS to see how much from them , which they really always take care of me .

For the record , if it was still mine , and I was ripping it around and this happened ( ESC let go ) , I would not be putting that crap back in it , it would be getting a Max6 . But , he / they are not very RC savvy , need it to be factory / plug and play , ntm , it would be even more work for me to redo the mounting / motor extension wires / solder on TRX plugs / ntm cost more . JennysRC $109 for the ESC , but will call my LHS to see how much from them , which they really always take care of me .
I have an xmaxx esc, we could work a deal if you want.

Oh damn .now I really feel bad for you.didnt realize how much you were going to pay for that esc..wtf.your freind should have just said hey I'll go half on it. Can't you find a used one? Like on eBay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back