Infraction Upgrading Infraction with Max6 and Hobbywing 4895 1650kv motor what else do i need for install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macatronus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Upgrading Infraction with Max6 and Hobbywing 4895 1650kv motor what else do i need for install do i need new cables for the esc to go to the motor and battery cables?

I have this setup in my limitless right now and have been pleasantly surprised by the performance.

The Max6 will come with unfinished wires to the battery, so you will have to solder on whatever plugs you use with your batteries. The included motor wires will reach the esc if you mount it with the 3 sockets closest to the motor.

The holes in the stock esc tray line up with the holes in the bottom of the Max6 esc if you wish to bolt it in instead of using the included double sided tape.

You shouldn't need shims actually I forgot they are straight cut gears plus you will not be getting enough traction to hurt it lol.

You shouldn't need shims actually I forgot they are straight cut gears plus you will not be getting enough traction to hurt it lol.

Incorrect: Just because it has straight cut gears does not mean they shouldn’t be shimmed.
What shims should i get and is it easy to do ive never done it before

Mugen E0206 shim kit is what you need. Your diffs will thank you.

A @PPS-RC mount would be nice but not completely necessary.
Incorrect: Just because it has straight cut gears does not mean they shouldn’t be shimmed.

Mugen E0206 shim kit is what you need. Your diffs will thank you.
Do i need to purchase just 1 set of those shims? Also do i need wires to run from the esc to the motor? and what are good xt90 connectors to solder onto the esc?

Do i need to purchase just 1 set of those shims? Also do i need wires to run from the esc to the motor? and what are good xt90 connectors to solder onto the esc?
The shims come in a bunch of different sizes (whether one pack has only one size or the pack has multiple sizes in the one) to use throughout the rig or multiple rigs. Grab as many packs as you feel necessary! When you buy a new motor, most motors will come with soldered wires or the wires are in the package and need to be soldered on the motor. XT90 are high current connectors. Usually find them in packs of 5 or 10, found on Ebay. Make sure the Ebay seller has a good rep as they will usually carry the better made connectors.

The E0206 shim kits includes (6) large bevel gear shims and (12) sungear shims. One kit will accomodate three complete diffs.

Last edited:
I have this setup in my limitless right now and have been pleasantly surprised by the performance.

The Max6 will come with unfinished wires to the battery, so you will have to solder on whatever plugs you use with your batteries. The included motor wires will reach the esc if you mount it with the 3 sockets closest to the motor.

The holes in the stock esc tray line up with the holes in the bottom of the Max6 esc if you wish to bolt it in instead of using the included double sided tape.
Thanks dude, this has also helped me understand what's needed for a Max6 combo install I'm considering for my Notorious

I run the optional 16t pinion in the stock BLX185 system with a Hobbywing fan, however with the weather getting hotter I'm getting thermal cut-out once or twice every run on 6s. Do you run a fan on your Max6 1650kv motor? If so which one?

Thanks dude, this has also helped me understand what's needed for a Max6 combo install I'm considering for my Notorious

I run the optional 16t pinion in the stock BLX185 system with a Hobbywing fan, however with the weather getting hotter I'm getting thermal cut-out once or twice every run on 6s. Do you run a fan on your Max6 1650kv motor? If so which one?
Happy to help.

I have been doing speed runs so I only do a pass or two then let it cool, so no fan yet. That said, the motor doesn't really get hot, just warm. Speed control stays cool except for when I picked up a rock and broke the fan. It got hot then, but did not thermal.

I did pick up a Kraton 8s heatsink and fan to play with. It will fit the 4985 motor very snugly, and needed some modification to clear the center diff/spool front output cup and the chassis. It may be easier to just get the 44mm Hobbywing fan/heatsink combo and open it up to 49mm.

Last edited:
I bought the powerhobby with the 2 turbo fans, i haven't installed the build yet but im excited for my infraction

Let me know on how well it fits and if they look like they blow hard dude ?
I have the powerhobby dual fan on my Outcast 6s and keeps the motor nice and cool. After running a full 6s pack the motor is ~130 degrees.

I have the powerhobby dual fan on my Outcast 6s and keeps the motor nice and cool. After running a full 6s pack the motor is ~130 degrees.
Thanks buddy. Just to confirm, your Powerhobby fan is mounted on a HW 4985 1650kv motor, right? Did it take any mods to get it to fit?

Thanks buddy. Just to confirm, your Powerhobby fan is mounted on a HW 4985 1650kv motor, right? Did it take any mods to get it to fit?
That’s a negative! Sorry, running on the stock system. The HW is larger in diameter. The fan kit comes with spacers for larger cans. Didn’t need them for the stock 2050kv.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back