Kraton Well I've finally bitten the bullet and I'm going to fully rebuild my Kraton...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed the t2t brace and modified the front mud guards and mounting plate. I cut and modified the center cage to fit the t2t brace properly. The RPM wing mount goes on ok with the slightest trimming. A dremel is so handy for this work. I haven't done any cutting at all of the t-bone racing t2t brace. This looks like a brilliant piece of equipment, I hope it works in the real world, I just wish I could have kept my voltage hobbies towers on.

20190320_193755-01.jpeg
20190320_201916-01.jpeg
20190320_201832-01.jpeg
20190320_193740-01.jpeg
20190320_201926-01.jpeg
20190320_201949-01.jpeg

The droop screws I installed at the front and rear seem to work perfectly.

20190320_202326-01.jpeg
20190320_202223-01.jpeg
20190320_202233-01.jpeg

Is it easy to remove for vehicle maintenance?
Don't tell me I have to do maintenance after I've installed all this???

If you have an electric screwdriver it isn't too bad, a bit fiddly. I think the benefits will outweigh the pain.

Last edited:
Looks good keep the pics coming. I just got my new Kraton V3. And upgrading as too.
Thanks mate, they are a fun car to play with, so many good upgrades to do. I like that you can spend money upgrading the car and not just on having to repair it all the time. Be sure to link your build so I can see what you're up to.

A few things that arrived today, I was so disappointed because I got called into work twice tonight and didn't get a chance to fit my new motor and esc. There are some bits here for my Talion, I'm going to try the Typhon bumpers to keep the weight down.
20190326_214222-01.jpeg

So the last of the upgrade parts arrived this morning (for now anyway), so I'll have a lot of work to do, that is when I can get 5 minutes to focus on it. I'm so excited about this it's going to be a fun setup.

One of the servo horns is for my Talion if it fits.
20190327_070850-01.jpeg

Only tip is just go through the setup. I found it confusing at first, takes awhile, but lot's of choices for each of the 11 programmable items. Much more than the Arrma ESC's Here's how I have mine set, for speed runs:
1-2 Fwd/Rev/Brk
2-5 6S
3-3 Auto/intermediate
4-1 105C/221F
5-1 disabled
6-1 ccw
7-2 7.4
8-6 75%
9-1 25%
10-1 level 1
11-9 16%

Only tip is just go through the setup. I found it confusing at first, takes awhile, but lot's of choices for each of the 11 programmable items. Much more than the Arrma ESC's Here's how I have mine set, for speed runs:
1-2 Fwd/Rev/Brk
2-5 6S
3-3 Auto/intermediate
4-1 105C/221F
5-1 disabled
6-1 ccw
7-2 7.4
8-6 75%
9-1 25%
10-1 level 1
11-9 16%
Ok, that's interesting, how do you find the brake, you must have great trigger control?

And the drag brake what do you use that for?

Sorry I'm new to this level of sophistication.

When 1st parameter is set for 2, it allows forward, brake, and double brake to go into reverse. That is the default setting. Drag brake is how much brake is applied when you let off the trigger. Example, drag brake is set to zero by default, so truck just coasts to a stop, unless you apply brake (trigger forward). For jumping, no drag brake is usually desired, so truck doesn't nose down when you let off the throttle. On speed runs, I find I can quickly run out of range of the transmitter, so I want all the drag I can get, to start slowing it down. And I have my max brake force set to 75%. I may raise that, but too much can sometimes make truck squirrely from a high speed. This is just my settings, and I'm a nubee, still learning.:)

When 1st parameter is set for 2, it allows forward, brake, and double brake to go into reverse. That is the default setting. Drag brake is how much brake is applied when you let off the trigger. Example, drag brake is set to zero by default, so truck just coasts to a stop, unless you apply brake (trigger forward). For jumping, no drag brake is usually desired, so truck doesn't nose down when you let off the throttle. On speed runs, I find I can quickly run out of range of the transmitter, so I want all the drag I can get, to start slowing it down. And I have my max brake force set to 75%. I may raise that, but too much can sometimes make truck squirrely from a high speed. This is just my settings, and I'm a nubee, still learning.:)
Thanks mate, that's really interesting to know about the speed runs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back