Kraton Well I've finally bitten the bullet and I'm going to fully rebuild my Kraton...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you run it yet? The esc/motor combo is pretty beasty. I put up some video yesterday. Pulls wheelies with ease too!

Have you run it yet? The esc/motor combo is pretty beasty. I put up some video yesterday. Pulls wheelies with ease too!
I did, I'm not sure I have the gearing right. It got near 170f at one point. It doesn't seem faster than my old system yet, but it is so much smoother.

Last edited:
I did, I'm not sure I have the gearing right. It got near 170f at one point. It doesn't seem faster than my system yet, but it is so much smoother.

What size pinion are you running?

Also I think it was a tough environment where I was driving a lot of high throttle and loose surface?
Were you on the throttle for the entire run? I do a lot of start stop type driving. I'm rarely flat out tearing across a field or down the road (I find it boring). I also only run one pack through a truck and sometimes I don't make it, lol. So there's that. My motor yesterday was warm at best.

Why did you opt for the lower Kv?

I removed the t2t brace and modified the front mud guards and mounting plate. I cut and modified the center cage to fit the t2t brace properly. The RPM wing mount goes on ok with the slightest trimming. A dremel is so handy for this work. I haven't done any cutting at all of the t-bone racing t2t brace. This looks like a brilliant piece of equipment, I hope it works in the real world, I just wish I could have kept my voltage hobbies towers on.

View attachment 33210View attachment 33211View attachment 33212View attachment 33213View attachment 33214View attachment 33215

The droop screws I installed at the front and rear seem to work perfectly.

View attachment 33216View attachment 33217View attachment 33218
Are these the m2c racing droop screws? Where did you find them? I need a set and m2c is all sold out... lol

Are these the m2c racing droop screws? Where did you find them? I need a set and m2c is all sold out... lol
No they are Losi droop screws, you need to drill the holes out a bit for them to fit, I've done a video on them, I'll link it here when I've uploaded it. The m2m one were sold out when I was looking too

No they are Losi droop screws, you need to drill the holes out a bit for them to fit, I've done a video on them, I'll link it here when I've uploaded it. The m2m one were sold out when I was looking too
That's awesome! I am glad I asked. I'll get some on order tonight. Gotta switch everything over to a new chassis....(long story ?) lol and wanted to upgrade droop screws at the same time.

That's awesome! I am glad I asked. I'll get some on order tonight. Gotta switch everything over to a new chassis....(long story ?) lol and wanted to upgrade droop screws at the same time.
They aren't as good as the m2m one's but they will work, they have a hex on the button head end, Rich Duper uses Tekno one's I think?

Hey mate here is the video, sorry about my boring voice, hope it helps though

That is a good video man. Rough place to drive, will be a great test of the parts you installed! You got some sweet air! Thanks for the tip on the TLR droop screws. I will check into tekno too. TLR ones will be here Monday. I am pretty much rebuilding mine as well. Only had it for a few months but it has been through a lot of bad crashes. Wonder if I should do a build thread as well? Happy bashing brother!

That is a good video man. Rough place to drive, will be a great test of the parts you installed! You got some sweet air! Thanks for the tip on the TLR droop screws. I will check into tekno too. TLR ones will be here Monday. I am pretty much rebuilding mine as well. Only had it for a few months but it has been through a lot of bad crashes. Wonder if I should do a build thread as well? Happy bashing brother!
Thanks buddy, I didn't realise there was a section for builds until today, but I think they help people a lot, like I wouldn't recommend anyone fit the gpm servo horns after using them, they are rubbish.

Thanks buddy, I didn't realise there was a section for builds until today, but I think they help people a lot, like I wouldn't recommend anyone fit the gpm servo horns after using them, they are rubbish.
I got the GPM suspension mounts. Hopefully they hold up for a while, at least last as long as it took to get them delivered ?? when they fail I will order voltage hobbies. I bent a HR rear chassis brace and rear shock tower.... one battery in. Voltage parts have been through the test and holding up well so far!

I got the GPM suspension mounts. Hopefully they hold up for a while, at least last as long as it took to get them delivered ?? when they fail I will order voltage hobbies. I bent a HR rear chassis brace and rear shock tower.... one battery in. Voltage parts have been through the test and holding up well so far!
I'll have to see what they look like, some if their stuff is good, just other stuff is really bad, hopefully you'll have no issues.

Great bashing, and the temps are good too, considering all the running and rough terrain. Kinda looks like the stock tires ain't grabbin to well. Arrma tough for sure! My kind of place, "no people" Ha!:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back