Felony Well !! That escalated Quickly!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They “look” cool !

A2611733-8F4F-454D-9266-02C0ED74E6C6.jpeg

Completely understand!!!
My Main Street bash has a radius curb and has never even messed up the splitter or anything for that matter the few times I have hit/ jumped it !
Not saying I won’t break it in half !!!!
Just hopefOOL thinking!!!!!!

Thank you
And I agree and mostly understand sticking with the composite suspension
My only experience was yrs ago when I purchased all the aluminum I could for my first RC
An ECX torment:)
They still look really good
But anytime I crashed
Which was a lot
I would break serious stuff like a bulk head or something!!
However
I’m not jumping the felony and I’d like more rigidity!!!!!!
So
Ima try it
I scratch built a truck for my wife last year starting with a Traxxas 2wd LCG chassis, and that is literally all the traxxas on it. Everything else, and I mean everything, was aluminum. That is the most durable basher of my 1/10’s by far and the only thing I’ve bent are front axles. That said, it isn’t possible to do this with an Arrma because the parts availability just isn’t there on that level. Plus, it’s a bigger scale with a lot longer arms. They will bend, probably sooner than later, and a hard knock will break any composite items the aluminum is attached to.
But all in all, I totally relate to why you want to do this as I too am afflicted with the sickness that requires as much anodized aluminum as I can get my hands on. So yeah…I get it. Good luck and have fun!

I realize I could cross reference numbers to the felony manual….
Or I could ask you guys when purchasing a redamdiculous amount of icouldofboughtaninfractionbynow aluminum “parts” for my Felony
Am I wrong in thinking all chassis based parts are interchangeable from felony to infraction?

Such as these items ?
Also
Is the HR front “triple bearing “ hub needed when going bananas in aluminum bling ? I guess I’m asking if it’s “more better” than I reckon a GPM or whatever brand aluminum front hub ?

9EDFAE06-F971-4EE7-95EA-853E025B40EF.jpeg
7A91434E-E31C-449A-A12C-D351AD2ADBDC.jpeg

Yes !! Quad bearings probably be more better !
Soooo the above pictured steering post mount and the wing mounts fit the Felony?
It only says limitless/ infraction?
Is the Felony different?
Don’t make me go buy an infraction!!

If you start brand mixing on suspension parts you’ll likely hit incompatibility issues at some point. I used to assume that if it fit “stock” it would fit aftermarket designed to fit stock. I’ve been wrong a few times.

JK
You mean limitless has a spool ?

Dan
That is some of my “reasoning” in acquiring said aluminum aftermarket parts …
As an old machinist / tool maker it’s at least interesting to see what kind of QC and or tolerances these companies are holding
It’s obvious to me that at least a few of these companies are reverse engineering the factory plastic parts which as you mentioned can lead to inconsistent numbers…..

JK
You mean limitless has a spool ?

Dan
That is some of my “reasoning” in acquiring said aluminum aftermarket parts …
As an old machinist / tool maker it’s at least interesting to see what kind of QC and or tolerances these companies are holding
It’s obvious to me that at least a few of these companies are reverse engineering the factory plastic parts which as you mentioned can lead to inconsistent numbers…..
What I’ve run into were things like billet lower arms that fit perfectly and hub carriers from another vendor, also beautifully machined but slightly thicker at the base than stock, that interfered with the other vendors arms at full droop. Each piece, respectively, was super nice and would have functioned perfectly with stock components. They also would have been fine interacting with their own companies products, but the designs of each company can vary enough to create interference issues when mixed.

C40691FF-3BE0-4C0F-8B07-7C2F60262558.jpeg
8BCB82E5-24F7-4611-8B53-7B51097446B5.jpeg

Got a little bit done on her
Had a rear hinge pin slightly bent that may have caused that wobble in the rear ??
Plus the rear hinge pins were very dirty
Like hard to remove so the suspension could not have been working well in rear at least !
I just happened to have some hinge pins from the ol ECX REVENGE that measured same size (.155 merica)
Made a world of difference in suspension movement of rear A Arms !!!!!

View attachment 172447View attachment 172448
Got a little bit done on her
Had a rear hinge pin slightly bent that may have caused that wobble in the rear ??
Plus the rear hinge pins were very dirty
Like hard to remove so the suspension could not have been working well in rear at least !
I just happened to have some hinge pins from the ol ECX REVENGE that measured same size (.155 merica)
Made a world of difference in suspension movement of rear A Arms !!!!!
You better tighten up Burgandy!!
I better not see this sheeet again!! 🚿🚿
🤣

Back