What are you listening to ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My new fart machine.

IMG_20240503_170542611_HDR.jpg

In my early 20's I scooped one of them from a joint called PJ's trick shop. I wuz on a used car lot slanging rides at the time.

I would put that box inside another salesman's garbage can under the black garbage bag so no one would see it. All the cans were under the desks. He'd be sitting there with a customer sh!ttin himself :ROFLMAO:

Those can be great times with the right placement!

My oldest son saw him live

One like it or one he had? That's awesome!

IMG_3926.jpeg

I was honestly going to get my (4) favorite guitarists’ fiddles for the man cave, but as little as I play anymore, it just seemed absurd.. I have been able to locate 3/4 of them, and in a more reasonable offering lol… They’re not too bad up close, and I’m not at all worried about wasting the money on legit instruments.. I highly doubt I’ll be able to ever find the 4th guitar though, and it’s not one I’d actually play if I owned.

It’s Pepper Keenan’s (of Corrosion of Conformity) ESP “Viper”…

IMG_3927.jpeg

Oh well-like they say; three out of four ain’t bad..🍻🤙

View attachment 364671

I was honestly going to get my (4) favorite guitarists’ fiddles for the man cave, but as little as I play anymore, it just seemed absurd.. I have been able to locate 3/4 of them, and in a more reasonable offering lol… They’re not too bad up close, and I’m not at all worried about wasting the money on legit instruments.. I highly doubt I’ll be able to ever find the 4th guitar though, and it’s not one I’d actually play if I owned.

It’s Pepper Keenan’s (of Corrosion of Conformity) ESP “Viper”…

View attachment 364674

Oh well-like they say; three out of four ain’t bad..🍻🤙
My first guitar was a Warlock with the widow headstock and extended neck. Bolt on neck, I'd love to have a neckthru, right now all I have is a Ibanez Gio. Plays pretty good for a cheap guitar, playin through a Marshall mg30fx.

I forgot to quote so, @ScaleJunkie -We are on the same page my guy! Best playing guitar in my hands has ALWAYS been a cheap, Japanese, Ibanez.. I just love em.. TONS of “farrrrr better” guitars out there, but none feel as good as a decent Ibanez to me. My first one was just a cheap-o EX-170 almost 35yrs ago, and I likely stuck with it because of it. I’ve owned many other brands as well, and they just felt like awkward garbage.. -and didn’t sound much better. Marshall has always had some nice stuff. My amplifiers were on the cheap side as well, but I really enjoyed my Crate’s… I’d love to have a nice Orange today..😍

I forgot to quote so, @ScaleJunkie -We are on the same page my guy! Best playing guitar in my hands has ALWAYS been a cheap, Japanese, Ibanez.. I just love em.. TONS of “farrrrr better” guitars out there, but none feel as good as a decent Ibanez to me. My first one was just a cheap-o EX-170 almost 35yrs ago, and I likely stuck with it because of it. I’ve owned many other brands as well, and they just felt like awkward garbage.. -and didn’t sound much better. Marshall has always had some nice stuff. My amplifiers were on the cheap side as well, but I really enjoyed my Crate’s… I’d love to have a nice Orange today..😍
My Warlock was black with the diamond inlays, had a tremelo bridge and wouldn"t stay in tune for sh#t. I loved it though. This Ibanez has a fixed bridge and stays true to where I don't really have to mess with it too much.

The ex-170 is a nice guitar, nicer than what I'm playin :ROFLMAO: I picked up this Ibanez for $50 at my local pawn shop so I can't complain too much and with Zach Wilde Boomer strings it sounds sick.

The mg30fx is a nice amp for the money, has some built in sound effects and the gain and overdrive (it has a double overdrive built in) are SUPER cruncy, plenty loud too. My first amp was a solid state Fender with a 10 inch and I hated that thing. Weak, quiet, and the gain was awful.

Roll one and get stoned before listening…..” I think I’ll just sit this one out “

I love a good whiskey 😝
I love it, both of those songs are on my Blues playlist!

@Cheez how 'bout some of this?

Last edited:
Oddly enough I just sold a nice older Strat today. It was in rough shape and needed some repairs. Even crazier, I found a nice hard case in the thrift store that fit it perfectly. It was missing the whammy bar and one was in the case. Call it fate. Got it cleaned up and working flawlessly. The buyer was tickled and I made a little profit.

I'm not the greatest player. But, give it my best shot. Lol. Love to tinker and a great way to unwind. My dad was a TV/Radio repirman. Many years ago a guy brought in a Marshall 1930 amp. Didn't like the quote to fix it. Walked away. Sat there for several years. I paid for the parts and own it to this day. Break it out on special occassions. It's what sparked my interest in guitars.

These days I'm using a Crate MX 120R. Not the greatest, but does the job. Especially for testing. Good enough for me. I really enjoy bringing some of these older guitars back to life.

Oddly enough I just sold a nice older Strat today. It was in rough shape and needed some repairs. Even crazier, I found a nice hard case in the thrift store that fit it perfectly. It was missing the whammy bar and one was in the case. Call it fate. Got it cleaned up and working flawlessly. The buyer was tickled and I made a little profit.

I'm not the greatest player. But, give it my best shot. Lol. Love to tinker and a great way to unwind. My dad was a TV/Radio repirman. Many years ago a guy brought in a Marshall 1930 amp. Didn't like the quote to fix it. Walked away. Sat there for several years. I paid for the parts and own it to this day. Break it out on special occassions. It's what sparked my interest in guitars.

These days I'm using a Crate MX 120R. Not the greatest, but does the job. Especially for testing. Good enough for me. I really enjoy bringing some of these older guitars back to life.
Man that's great! What a fantastic story too! I am also not the greatest player, never had any lessons or anything. I've learned a bunch of chords and stuff ony own and play by ear a lot of the time, or just mess around jammin.

That amp way more power than what I'm rockin and I love a twin 12. When I was younger I'd sit around and listen to my uncle wail on an old Telecaster he'd had since college in the '60s he bought new thru an old Fender twin 12 tube amp he bought with the guitar. Sounded magical. Rock on man!

Back