Kraton What are your thoughts on the following 3 name brand lipos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it.
The "reputable" was in regards to where to buy them.
"...sold on reputable sites"

Since I'm a newbie I was offering batteries that I have used and have not had issues with. These were simply ones I've used and also mentioned on the forum.

I apologize if I steered someone in the wrong direction.

I'll make sure to check out the "dynamite cells" as mentioned. Thanks for the clarification.
Ah I got you. I wasn’t trying to be rude my bad.

SMC has been great for me, LiPOs are well built, run strong and reliable. Good customer service too. Buddy of mine had an issue with his SMC LiPO and it was taken care of with a replacement.
I was told here that if they puffed up I was SOL.

My SMC lipos puffed and were not warranted, split the hardcase.
20200121_163436.jpg
Although not the Graphines.

My SMC lipos puffed and were not warranted, split the hardcase.View attachment 96845 Although not the Graphines.
Crazy thing is mine expanded four times that much after a single 4S run in my Typhon 6S. I pulled it out of the car casually not knowing what was about to happen. My neighbor BJ was with me. As soon as I got it out of the straps and in my hand, it rapidly expanded, Scared the poop out of me so I tossed it safely away from us. I literally thought I was going to see my first LiPO fire. I put my other 4S LiPOs in the same rig and they never had an issue.

Crazy thing is mine expanded four times that much after a single 4S run in my Typhon 6S. I pulled it out of the car casually not knowing what was about to happen. My neighbor BJ was with me. As soon as I got it out of the straps and in my hand, it rapidly expanded, Scared the poop out of me so I tossed it safely away from us. I literally thought I was going to see my first LiPO fire. I put my other 4S LiPOs in the same rig and they never had an issue.
Wow I’m glad that didn’t happen. There must have been a defect with that battery. Did SMC replace it?

Sheesh! Hate it when they do that. One time a traxxas pack did that to me. Looked like it was coming alive or something.

Wow I’m glad that didn’t happen. There must have been a defect with that battery. Did SMC replace it?
Nah Danny from SMC has said here that puffy packs aren’t covered. Not their problem. That’s why I won’t buy their packs going forward. Had great luck getting much cheaper packs warrantied with zero effort.
Sheesh! Hate it when they do that. One time a traxxas pack did that to me. Looked like it was coming alive or something.
Yeah my only instinct was toss it away from my van and the people near me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back