What are your thoughts on the Proline Trenchers belted tiers 3.8 17mm?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow how do they take that speed?

lol, they didn't. Came unglued right away. I'll glue em back but it made me so disappointed because this buggy eats tires constantly. I hung the truck up and haven't taken it out in a few months.
I have been meaning to give it another go but I need to glue those tires and consider the diffs before I run it hard again. I was on pavement every time.

Is it that it is unloading the front or that the speed is getting them?
I have a few nitro speed run buggies that would eat tires. I found that solid tires are too unstable at 60+mph. A few I have taped and seems to work ok. Tlr makes a good combo that has lasted and is able to take a beating at the same time

Is it that it is unloading the front or that the speed is getting them?

It must be diffing out though the v4 comes with the 20t as a speed pinion. Otherwise, I'm not very impressed with the tread on this truck or with this much speed. When I do glue em back, I'll probably run em on my Granite or BRCC. For the cost of the belted Trenchers, I'm not so impressed yet. Too much $ to spend on 3s tires.
They look great but maybe wrong truck for me.

1572746909189.png

That's good to know before I wasted the money.
I ordered mine on launch day. Wish I had known. Try some Backflip LPs from the 4S Outcast if you want MT off-road tires.

That's good to know before I wasted the money.

In all fairness, the Typhon has ruined plenty tires but I'm not made of money.
On the other hand, I've unglued more Prolines than dBoots by far.
I'm a guy that wanted to love Proline... I have plenty upgrades with PL.... I love the US based *small business model but maybe not small enough to care enough in my situations.
I don't want to discount the Proline brand but dBoots are now my favorite tires brand and I'm even growing adamant lately. I'll try any dBoots first before PL and feel dBoots offer the most value by far and can take the power. Just my opinion.
Try some Backflip LPs from the 4S Outcast if you want MT off-road tires.

The Low Profile tires from dBoots that are stock on the 4s trucks can take every bit of 6s and I love both the Backflips and the Minokawa. I'm running both on my Talion and they keep the weight closer to the stock Katar. I love the Talion on both of the 4s tires and will be testing on other 6s trucks very soon.

***edit: Plus, I paid $40 shipped for the Mino and $60 shipped for the Backflip LP. $100 total for two full sets and paid more than that for one set of the Belted Trenchers. No tire is so damn good to cost me that damn much as the PL.
This is all my experience and others may feel different but I can only recall one other man that bought the 2.8 PL Belted and he's not happy either.

Last edited:
I like my dboot copperheads 2.
The grip is amazing even in the snow it will stand up above 40mph. It was my fault the ripped. I will get another set and give them an honest shot

I like my dboot copperheads 2.
The grip is amazing even in the snow it will stand up above 40mph. It was my fault the ripped. I will get another set and give them an honest shot

I have em on my Kraton and am quite happy with the Copperheads. I haven't added any more power or even speed pinion to that truck yet and so far I'm good with em. I rate em with the Katar in traction (plus a bit more) and they seem *just enough and still controllable. My thing with tires is that I must be able to have full control. They can slide and act a fool but as long as I know that's what will happen, I'm good.

I have em on my Kraton and am quite happy with the Copperheads. I haven't added any more power or even speed pinion to that truck yet and so far I'm good with em. I rate em with the Katar in traction (plus a bit more) and they seem *just enough and still controllable. My thing with tires is that I must be able to have full control. They can slide and act a fool but as long as I know that's what will happen, I'm good.

IMO, just because a tire has best traction...like Backflip, Badlands, DTrax Six Pack, etc, it doesn't always translate to the best experience for me. I run on multiple surfaces and can't take the time to change tires all day long. I just bash my trucks after all. What the truck feels like from my trigger to the ground is all I care about. I'm bashing because its fun and like to break sh*t. No need to split hairs as long as the truck does what I want it to when I want it to. ?

Damit I want it to go lol.. I never had a car that would flip backwards so easily lol or forwards trying to stop at times lol

@Lovestricken, I have a pretty bad youtube channel that has so far been about tires mostly. I'm not trying to promote myself or be a youtube guy but if you wanna see some of what I've done, here it is. I suck at editing and most things involved but could show some better details. I don't really send my stuff so hard as the big guys but I try to share my experiences. I do want to get better. What I have up now is what it is. ???
https://www.youtube.com/user/crimsonfancy/videos?view_as=subscriber

I think that link will work.

How do you guys feel about the added weight of these belted trencher 3.8 tires? I've seen several comments about it, but so far I've really only read one or two people saying it may have lead to a part breaking.

I'm asking because I'm currently planning a custom build where I'm putting clodbuster style monster truck wheels & tires on my Truggy. I require 17mm hexes of course which has limited my choices for wheel compatibility. The only wheels that I can find that will fit 17mm hexes are very heavy beadlocks. Here are the wheels, and here's the 17mm adapter, and here are the tires I'm planning to mount.

My concern here is that these wheels are too heavy. The wheels alone (without the tires) weigh 11.9 oz EACH. 1x wheel + 1x tire + 1x adapter = 23.18 oz. So 4 of them end up being 5.795 lbs of added weight to the truck. The 3.8" belted trencher is about 1 pound each, and this is about 1.4 lbs each. Is that too much? Would I just end up breaking drivetrain parts or burning up my motor? I'm planning on running 4s.

I've tried finding lighter wheels out there than can support a 17mm hex adapter, but I'm been unsuccessful in finding one. So my only option seems to be these massively heavy wheels.

What I do like about the Proline #Trenchers is that will not balloon on you what so ever plus they are killer for jumping.
Now for Street tires I just ordered a set of Sweep racing belted tires 3.8 for my #Notorious Stunt Truck and my #v3 #KRATON!!

1576067993601.png

I already own the SRP 3.8 Terra Crushers and I'm very happy with them. But they aren't made for jumps due to their low profile.

I already own the SRP 3.8 Terra Crushers and I'm very happy with them. But they aren't made for jumps due to their low profile.
i don't think ya want to jump with the Sweepers, those are road only mate!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back