What did you break today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't stay away!

There's a really good accidental off-road oval spot pretty close to that also that's been really good for learning to control the car at speed over changing terrain/surfaces and testing different setups. This was right after a huge rain, it's much better without the water runoff! The panoramic shot warps it a little bit, but you can see the BR on the right side rounding one end of the "track"

View attachment 230591

THAT LOOKS LIKE FUN!

So, Im trying to adjust Camber and...found this:

Looks Bent to me. Typhon 6S.

IMG_2611.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

IMG_2620.jpeg

Well I really hope I like this pinion on here, because the end of my mip driver snapped off in the grub screw.🤬👎 Tried drilling it out to no avail. Not sure what I'll do when/if I need to change it

View attachment 230231

View attachment 230232
Pickup a pinion gear puller to get the pinion off, then you can try to deal with the broken tip in the grub screw. If the metal is ferrous, you could try pulling it out with a strong neodymium magnet. If it's wedged in there, maybe try jarring it loose with a punch or auto-punch (if possible, in the opposite direction of rotation you were applying when it broke off). If not...you're gonna have to get creative. If all else fails, drill it out with a good quality HS steel bit on a drill press. You can try doing it with a hand drill, but that rarely works as it's near impossible to keep it "on track", if you take my meaning. I'm no machinist (probably very obvious to any machinist, lol...), that's just how I'd go about doing it. Perhaps someone more versed on the topic can chime in with some other ideas. Here's a gear puller for $7.50 on Amazon to get you past step one.
https://amz.run/5n3C
1658310114239.png

Last edited:
Pickup a pinion gear puller to get the pinion off, then you can try to deal with the broken tip in the grub screw. If the metal is ferrous, you could try pulling it out with a strong neodymium magnet. If it's wedged in there, maybe try jarring it loose with a punch or auto-punch (if possible, in the opposite direction of rotation you were applying when it broke off). If not...you're gonna have to get creative. If all else fails, drill it out with a good quality HS steel bit on a drill press. You can try doing it with a hand drill, but that rarely works as it's near impossible to keep it "on track", if you take my meaning. I'm no machinist (probably very obvious to any machinist, lol...), that's just how I'd go about doing it. Perhaps someone more versed on the topic can chime in with some other ideas. Here's a gear puller for $7.50 on Amazon to get you past step one.
https://amz.run/5n3C
View attachment 230632
Thanks, I'll have to get on of those gear pullers👍

J I just saw that vid last night and almost cried. I know that walk of shame all too well. Hope the other damage was too bad. 🙏🏻
Thanks Jon. The guy isn't pursuing any damages which was a huge relief. Gonna buy him a restaurant gift card for his trouble. The rebuild is almost complete. New chassis, front gear box, new upper and lower arms on one side of the front, a motor mount and both center driveshafts

Thanks Jon. The guy isn't pursuing any damages which was a huge relief. Gonna buy him a restaurant gift card for his trouble. The rebuild is almost complete. New chassis, front gear box, new upper and lower arms on one side of the front, a motor mount and both center driveshafts
What a relief! 😮

Doin donuts or on a run?
Just hooning around an abandoned parking lot at the old Sears. They weren’t brand new but we’re in good shape before I put a pack thru them today. I think my rear diff ran dry too as it was crazy open at the end of the pack.

Just hooning around an abandoned parking lot at the old Sears. They weren’t brand new but we’re in good shape before I put a pack thru them today. I think my rear diff ran dry too as it was crazy open at the end of the pack.
I didn't think I'd like the on road stuff as much as I have so far & since I made my stretched typhon into a "speedrunning only" car I've started building another typhon just so I can go to a parking lot & melt a set of hoons in 15 minutes!!! I love it!!😁

Well I for sure cooked this GP4 diff in the Infraction during my last bash sesh. The cup is melted into the inner gears. That’s not grease you see in the cup. It’s melted plastic.

B0DDEF90-F498-4A39-9CAE-FB9D626A97A2.jpeg

Well I for sure cooked this GP4 diff in the Infraction during my last bash sesh. The cup is melted into the inner gears. That’s not grease you see in the cup. It’s melted plastic.

View attachment 231556
Well I say if you're gonna do it, do it properly 🤣🤣

Back