Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just checked the SSS 1650kv motor i have and over an avg of 3 tests the results show it to be in the 1692kv rating range just if your interested.
Very interesting as I've tested two 2140kv motors and they both were in the 2075-2083kv range @ 8.3v. Regardless of numbers, it's still an incredible motor off paper

Waiting on the post so I can finish this off
IMG_20200511_165304.jpg

Another of my own Limitless ideas finished today that hopefully is again a unique edition. :D

I wanted a rear LED for visibility at a distance like some others have and started thinking about using a bike light rather than RC LED's. Then I found a "smart LED taillight" which not only gave me a variety of options as a red LED but also works as a brake light, ...yes I now have a working brake light. :LOL::cool:

First I made a carbon fibre mount to fit the Limitless using some 5mm carbon fibre plate that I attached to the rear end of the bike light. The small black metal bar is the original saddle mount I removed.
51 Xlite 100 mount mod.jpg

It fitted nicely between the rear carbon fibre wing supports I had made a week or so ago and I was able to use two screw holes to fix it down that aren't normally used on the Limitless rear diffuser.
53.jpg

The bike light simply screws onto the mount and off so is easily removable for charging.
54 Xlite 100 fitted.jpg

Really difficult to get a good picture of it working but I think this gives you an idea.
56.jpg

Another of my own Limitless ideas finished today that hopefully is again a unique edition. :D

I wanted a rear LED for visibility at a distance like some others have and started thinking about using a bike light rather than RC LED's. Then I found a "smart LED taillight" which not only gave me a variety of options as a red LED but also works as a brake light, ...yes I now have a working brake light. :LOL::cool:

First I made a carbon fibre mount to fit the Limitless using some 5mm carbon fibre plate that I attached to the rear end of the bike light. The small black metal bar is the original saddle mount I removed.
View attachment 80252

It fitted nicely between the rear carbon fibre wing supports I had made a week or so ago and I was able to use two screw holes to fix it down that aren't normally used on the Limitless rear diffuser.
View attachment 80253

The bike light simply screws onto the mount and off so is easily removable for charging.
View attachment 80256

Really difficult to get a good picture of it working but I think this gives you an idea.
View attachment 80257
BATMOBILE!

I managed to break my Castle mmx8s on/off switch at 117mph.

Evidently the front tire kicked up a small rock and hit it, breaking it. Instant loss of power/control. It went quite a ways before stopping, but didn't hit anything. Also the cars, whose lane it stopped in, were nice enough not to run it over. Quite the jog to go get it. I should have hopped in the truck, but I thought it just went out of range.

The data log looked cool though!

Don't mount your switch like this:
20200524_120130.jpg

Time to solder the wires and use the battery connectors as my switch.

View attachment 80252

View attachment 80253

View attachment 80256

View attachment 80257
That’s really cool!
Link?
How does the brake action work? Does the force of braking initiate it to get brighter?

Today I finished installing Mamba Monster X8s, fly sky Noble 4 with telemetry sensors and replaced connectors with anti-spark xt90 . Now just waiting for Amazon to deliver my new terminal crimpers to clean up the wiring.

Today I finished installing Mamba Monster X8s, fly sky Noble 4 with telemetry sensors and replaced connectors with anti-spark xt90 . Now just waiting for Amazon to deliver my new terminal crimpers to clean up the wiring.
What kinda terminal crimpers? Will you be showing off your clean wiring when your done? ? I gotta thing for wiring haha.

I might install my 46T diff if I get bored..

Last edited:
That’s really cool!
Link?
How does the brake action work? Does the force of braking initiate it to get brighter?
I can give you a link of course but as I am UK based you may want to search eBay/Amazon in the US to find the same thing more locally. The seller does ship Worldwide though apparently.
Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/xlite-10...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I haven't run my Limitless with it on yet but it's supposed to get brighter and turn to a solid colour if in flashing mode when braking.
Like this video demonstrates.

I just want it so that I can visibly see my car easier at a distance but if the brake feature works well then that'll be a cool extra. :D:cool:(y)

Sorry to see/hear that @Marylandrcnoob
Will they let you swap/upgrade to the new MMX8s? it seems to be a much more stable ESC for this sort of use.
MMX6s you had is notorious for getting hot and high ripple voltage too. (ripple voltage suppression is what cap packs are for that you might have seen on speed run videos)
Finally got a replacememt esc from castle a xouple of weeks ago. I was able to pay the upgrafe fee and get the xlx ( they were out of mmx8s). Ripple killer cap pack and a lot of tweaking and managed to eventually get a run well over 110mph!!!

Finally got a replacememt esc from castle a xouple of weeks ago. I was able to pay the upgrafe fee and get the xlx ( they were out of mmx8s). Ripple killer cap pack and a lot of tweaking and managed to eventually get a run well over 110mph!!!
after a few spuud runs i decided to swixh up my limitless....I put a 2s lipo in to operate my cooling fans and swapped the spool for a 50t center diff with 100k fluid, put in a 20 tooth pinion and was able to bash it on 4s and 6s for about a 1/2 hour at a time. I took out the adhustment tab on the left batt tray and mounted the esc in the tray on a steel plate mount. (Securely mounted). The other guys with infractions were amazed that I was able to drift around for so long with no overheating, max temp on my logs was 155 and i hit around 65 mph. This car is versatile as hell!!! It went from a 120 mph speed run car to a drifting basher so damn easily.. so i baught another one?

Hey, I'm wondering Did someone make a body like the shape of a torpedo or an airfoil, with minum drag, how would that perform?

I did something naughty. I ran 8s on my motor that may or may not be 8s capable. ?.

It’s rated at 26v max... but I kept a very close eye on temps and it performed incredible. Couldn’t believe how fast it was ?

Setup:
Max6 esc
Hobbystar 1580kv motor 4585 can W/fan
2 powerhobby 4s batteries 50c (not enough)
22T pinion 50T spur.

Drifted around beautifully, plenty of torquey power. Love this setup. Motor won’t last if I keep blasting it on 8s but I understand that. It’s tons of fun on 6s too.

I found a new road to run on, and decided to see what I could get speed wise out of a stock Blx185 and Arrma 2050 motor on 6s in a Limitless.. I ran it and got 101mph. It was running stock Limitless 27/34 gearing. Not bad for an RTR ESC and motor, I think

Attachments

• 40108209-B56B-4E48-A01C-15A46A3FDA37.png
    40108209-B56B-4E48-A01C-15A46A3FDA37.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 48
I found a new road to run on, and decided to see what I could get speed wise out of a stock Blx185 and Arrma 2050 motor on 6s in a Limitless.. I ran it and got 101mph. It was running stock Limitless 27/34 gearing. Not bad for an RTR ESC and motor, I think
That is very impressive for the stock ESC!

This sweet thing showed up on my bench the other day. Couldn’t stand watching from the sidelines any longer!! I want in on some of this speed action. ?

DC88AC1E-BEEB-4BE1-9BA0-9330D96FC08E.jpeg

This sweet thing showed up on my bench the other day. Couldn’t stand watching from the sidelines any longer!! I want in on some of this speed action. ?

View attachment 82836
Welcome to the club!

I love mine. First thing I did was tear that huge wing off, rip the spool out and put in a center diff and started drifting around my neighborhood. ?

When I start doing anything high speed I’ll put the downforce back on. ;)
FE3B6F4B-8598-46A1-89A1-AEE1492CB8AD.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back