Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painting my Delta plastik Toyota GT1 body. I am attempting to do a fade from red to gunmetal, but I am not a very good painter.

Interesting experiment yesterday. Limitless ran 110mph with the stock body. Then with no changes other than the unpainted Delta plastik body without a splitter it went 112mph. Had a little drag at the front as I did not trim it high enough. I think I am going to make a custom splitter to fit this body.

Edited to add: Those little Tamiya paint cans don't go to far on a big body like this. I hope I got enough.

Last edited:
Edited to add: Those little Tamiya paint cans don't go to far on a big body like this. I hope I got enough.
I'm guessing it will take two cans minimum (could be wrong though), ...I usually stop spraying with spray cans when it gets close to the bottom of the can as they can start to spit & splutter sometimes so it may take even more.

If/when I eventually get my Limitless body (DP Jag body) I'm playing with the idea of hydro-dipping it and then doing a two colour fade. Needs to be bright so today I hydro dipped a few things with "Reduced Insanity" film and played with some colours.
My favourite (so far) was this green to silver fade.
20200508_191203.jpg

I'm guessing it will take two cans minimum (could be wrong though), ...I usually stop spraying with spray cans when it gets close to the bottom of the can as they can start to spit & splutter sometimes so it may take even more.

If/when I eventually get my Limitless body (DP Jag body) I'm playing with the idea of hydro-dipping it and then doing a two colour fade. Needs to be bright so today I hydro dipped a few things with "Reduced Insanity" film and played with some colours.
View attachment 79160
I like that color. Should also be a little easier to see from far away as well. (print and picture looks badarse too!)

I like that color. Should also be a little easier to see from far away as well. (print and picture looks badarse too!)
Thanks. ;)
I need to trial more colours though as I just used the various almost empty Tamiya cans I had from other projects.

I definitely want it to be green though but I think maybe a fluorescent green instead. Even brighter. :p Might even play with some candy colours.

The film is from Big Brain Hydrographics and is called "Reduced Insanity".
I haven't used it before so wanted to see what it looked like and I thought it might be a good fit for the Limitless.

Today I started working on my limitless to infraction build and I ran into something interesting when switching out the diff cups to the arrma aluminum cups.

From how stock is built and the exploded views there is no washer on the gear side of the diff between the output cup and the bearing. On my kraton6s there is a washer here.

Also, there are two shims on the gear side vs 1 on my kraton6s.

I am guessing the shims are due to the difference in the diff pinion gear but why is there not a washer between the output cup and bearing? I noticed I can shift the bearing toward the output cup which would mean the diff itself might be able to shift outward.

Anybody had any issues here? I am thinking of placing the washer between the bearing and output cup but I am not sure if this will affect the shim/messh.

Thanks all.

Today I started working on my limitless to infraction build and I ran into something interesting when switching out the diff cups to the arrma aluminum cups.

From how stock is built and the exploded views there is no washer on the gear side of the diff between the output cup and the bearing. On my kraton6s there is a washer here.

Also, there are two shims on the gear side vs 1 on my kraton6s.

I am guessing the shims are due to the difference in the diff pinion gear but why is there not a washer between the output cup and bearing? I noticed I can shift the bearing toward the output cup which would mean the diff itself might be able to shift outward.

Anybody had any issues here? I am thinking of placing the washer between the bearing and output cup but I am not sure if this will affect the shim/messh.

Thanks all.
Would straight cut gears mesh differently then Helical gears?

Edit: Worded wrong, next post has correction!

Last edited:
Would straight cut gears mesh differently then Helical gears?

I don't see why the mesh would be different between straight and helical I was just surprised because my kraton6s is using one shim and meshed just right.

The limitless uses the exact same bulkhead and most of the diff with the difference being the gear cuts. Now I can understand the number of shims being different for the gear teeth (10t vs 13t) but why omit the bearing retaining washer?

I'm gonna do some testing on it ?

I don't see why the mesh would be different between straight and helical I was just surprised because my kraton6s is using one shim and meshed just right.

The limitless uses the exact same bulkhead and most of the diff with the difference being the gear cuts. Now I can understand the number of shims being different for the gear teeth (10t vs 13t) but why omit the bearing retaining washer?

I'm gonna do some testing on it ?
Thank you for understanding that! Reread what I wrote and wasn't worded how I thought in my head! Shim differently being different cut gears! I've been isolated to long!! Appreciate you taking time to test, quite curious now. ? (y)

So I tore it down, re-assembled and test fitted it.

Without the bearing washer on the gear side the two shims (stock) are roughly the same thickness as the washer.

This still leaves a slight possibility for the gear side to push in toward the pinion gear since the washer isn't there. The washer actually prevents movement side to side.

The kraton 6s uses a washer and one shim and a 10t pinion gear. This would be 3 shims without a washer.

The limitless uses a 13t pinion gear and two shims with no washer.

The arrma aluminum diff cup comes with washers that are meant to be used (2 versus 1). When using a washer on the gear side I was unable to use both washers inside under the sun gear. I used one washer under the sun gear and one washer between the bearing and output diff cup.

This allowed me to have virtually the same left to right distance without shims.

So for now (and I will report back when it finally runs) I have removed the two shims, installed the gear side bearing washer and installed it into the aluminum bulkheads. No side to side movement, the mesh looks spot on, and there are no hard spots/grinds when rotating by hand.

View attachment 79160
That looks great!

I thought about trying hydrodipping, but went for a red to gunmetal fade as I only want to screw up one thing at a time;)

That looks great!

I thought about trying hydrodipping, but went for a red to gunmetal fade as I only want to screw up one thing at a time;)
Thanks and yep I know what you mean, ...when you're "playing" with £70/$90 body shells not sure many of us can actually afford to mess it up, I know I can't.

That's why I was trialing stuff out yesterday. I'm not going to try dipping the body shell when I get it unless I am 99% sure I won't mess it up. :D

I finally bit the bullet and purchased one. Got tired of waiting for the infraction to come in stock. (Which I woulda changed everything around on anyways) so I bought the limitless instead. :) I was leaving towards the infraction, but I wanted both. Can’t wait for that gorgeous thing to show up. Thinking I’ll pull the max6 out of my v4 kraton and put a max8 combo in it, the max 6 will be perfect for the limitless and honestly it was a little much on the kraton. I’d rather not go through diffs quite that often. I watched a couple videos where they got some pretty good results with a 4585 1580kv motor that’s pretty inexpensive. figured I’d give that a go. Till I go 8s on it.

Last edited:
I finally bit the bullet and purchased one. Got tired of waiting for the infraction to come in stock. (Which I woulda changed everything around on anyways) so I bought the limitless instead. :) I was leaving towards the infraction, but I wanted both.
You can always set the Limitless up to run the truck body anyway if you wanted to do it just for looks. ;)

You'll need at a minimum;
  • ARA320517 ~ Body post mount set (with the Limitless you should have spare taller body posts which will fit this set)
  • ARA320521 ~ Front bumper support
You'll also need some screws to fit but they don't necessarily have to be Arrma which would save you cash; M2.5x25 and M3x30.
(Arrma part n#s; ARA702004 and AR721330).
You may also want the foam front bumper but it's not a necessity (Arrma part n# ARA320537). The Infraction does also have a different front splitter.

Exploded Arrma Infraction parts diagram here in case anyone needs/wants it: https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA109001.pdf

You can always set the Limitless up to run the truck body anyway if you wanted to do it just for looks. ;)

You'll need at a minimum;
  • ARA320517 ~ Body post mount set (with the Limitless you should have spare taller body posts which will fit this set)
  • ARA320521 ~ Front bumper support
You'll also need some screws to fit but they don't necessarily have to be Arrma which would save you cash; M2.5x25 and M3x30.
(Arrma part n#s; ARA702004 and AR721330).
You may also want the foam front bumper but it's not a necessity (Arrma part n# ARA320537). The Infraction does also have a different front splitter.

Exploded Arrma Infraction parts diagram here in case anyone needs/wants it: https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA109001.pdf
Wow that’s great info, thank you!

Unfortunately, not much. Been feeling a lot better since the Doc gave me some new stuff for my allergies, but I've been busy selling radio stuff on eBay. Got 6 items to ship, and another 6 to list after I take the pix today.

Hey, gotta pay for all these Hot Rod parts I've been buying for the Limitless!!

Another speed experiment today.

I had run 110mph with the limitless body last week, 6s, Max6, 4985 motor.

Yesterday I installed the Castle Mmx8s along with a homemade cap pack.

Today I ran the car, with no other changes, and got 113mph.

Thought it was pretty cool to pick up 3mph with just an esc change. Looking forward to seeing how much more gear it can pull with the Mmx8s.

Unfortunately Castle is backordered on my free castle link, so no data logging yet. I did order a b-link so I can at least get into more of the programming than you can just with the transmitter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back