What did you drive today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.CH 2's suck.
Only Look nice... on the shelf.

20230407_220754.jpg

Last edited:
I did a ramp bash with my Granite 4x4. Here's the ramp I bashed/crashed off of:

1700864650112.png

The HW Max10 G2 I've installed runs very smooth! While I did crash a lot, I didn't break anything. I'm not sending it 20-30 feet up or anything like that. Still got some pretty good ups, for my level of expertise. I did manage to NAIL a triple backflip and stuck the landing! Lots of fun. :)

Till she went 8 feet airborne at 88 when air went under the splitter. Just broke the nose, splitter and plastic attached to said splitter. I have spares!
SUPER resilient because thank goodness it was nose to tail and broke only the front splitter and the plastic attached. 32 bucks from Jenny’s.
71268606288__F9F87BC3-AB82-4DE1-B569-0D5363BA25C7.jpeg

Took my Granite 4x4 out for another jump session on my ramp. I'm getting more confident and capable on the jumps. I landed some nice high-flying jumps, along with some backflips as well. Super fun!

After I LVC I got my Sketer on the ramp. Totally different experience! It weighs about 20% more, at least, compared to the Granite. It really flies, distance-wise, with just a tiny bit of throttle. But then it IMMEDIATELY wants to nose dive, LOL. I broke off a body mount on my first jump/crash, which ended up hitting a cement curb. Nothing mechanical broke, so I kept going. Mostly crashing. It has a totally different jumping style, and it took me some time to get used to it. I also overcorrected a lot, giving it too much throttle during a nosedive, which resulted in it crashing @$$ down and tumbling. I finally started to get the hang of things after two dozen or so nasty landings. Fortunately, the Sketer is tough AF, like the Granite.

Overall it was a good afternoon of bashing and crashing :)

Took these two little bashers out today. No ramp session, just an open field, which had a couple of nice gradients to jump.

1701555540949.png

The Granite has the MAX10 G2 and it's real nice! It's still a wheelie machine, but it tends to wheelie around 3/4 throttle, instead of immediately like it does on stock. That's got a lot more to do with the sensored system than my driving, I guarantee you that! I crashed a lot but did land a nice backflip off a gradient.

The TC Corally continues to impress. It wheelies real nice with those Hobbypark tires. On 4S, with the 15t pinion it rips! I had a few skate ramps and I did a really nice front flip, and stuck it on all four wheels without landing on power. That was completely an accident, but it looked awesome, LOL.

So, overall I had a nice little bash session. Bonus points for not breaking anything! I guess that means I'm not bashing hard enough?

Junior and I took the Senton & ECX Torment for a Christmas mud bash. The Torrment suffered broken body mounts from a rollover. However, The Senton enjoyed every moment it😁 The handling is sooo much better on the Senton over The Toment, not one rollover. I'm not looking forward to cleaning, but the time with my kid was worth it 🎅

20231225_153230.jpg

20231225_154120.jpg

VideoCapture_20231225-160019.jpg

I took out my newest rig, a BRRC 4x4 with a 19t pinion and a Team Corally 4S power system for a light bash at a local playground. I've since dubbed her, "The Blue Ripper" because she RIPS!

Seriously though, the rig is very speedy. The 2150 KV motor puts out lots of power for a vehicle this size. The longer wheelbase and wide stance keeps the vehicle planted, so it offers a much different driving experience from my Granite, or even my Sketer. I'm able to wheelie on asphalt, but it tends to keep all 4 wheels on the ground over grass and dirt. The more planted ride offers great control and speed, but I still managed to pull a couple of backflips off a tree :)

I did lose an axle pin, towards the end of the run. This allowed the rear left wheel to come off. Whoops. It was a five-minute fix. Overall the first run was super fun. Can't wait to get her out again!

IMG_20231223_192421248.jpg

Sledge Sunday.

Drive cup and all pulled through the hub carrier, it's all still connected to the wheel, bearings and all.
On the goods side it left a battery and a half for my Kraton which was spectacular today.

I took out my Granite 4x4 and my BRRC (both heavily upgraded) for a ramp bash. The Granite pulled off some nice doubles and even one triple backflip. I did finally crack the body and broke yet another 3D printed center drive cover, but nothing mechanical. Tons of fun.

But oh, man can that Big Rock fly! She sails really nice. She might not be the flip machine the Granite is, but I pulled off a few beautiful backflips with my little blue basher. Some neighbors even came to watch the fun/carnage. Fortunately, I didn't break anything on the BRRC, even after a few nasty crashes. Great times to be had!

1704406230908.png

I would like to see that 🤣
I doubt whoever owns the parking lot would appreciate it. :unsure: But once the snow melts you could probably just pick up the remaing shell and take it with you. :ROFLMAO:

Back