What did you Bash or Blast today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently stopped going out to bash in wet weather, had been going out with my Stampede occasionally. Just gets to be too much extra work, needing to dry it out when I come home. Can't really properly dry it out unless the transmission gets opened up, so even if I do everything else the idler gear and top shaft bearings go bad after a few outings.

This past winter has turned me into a crawling enthusiast. Much easier to avoid getting it soaking wet since the wheels don't sling water EVERYWHERE like a basher does. :ROFLMAO: And I found that crawling traction on wet rocks is about the same as summer crawling once the rocks have a thick coating of dust that reduces traction. Never thought of crawling as being exciting, but when your rig is in a precarious position barely grabbing traction with a 20 foot fall waiting if you screw up, definitely feels a little more lively. Just need the right terrain and locations to make it fun.

The unexpected benefit of mostly running my crawlers for a while? Suddenly my bashers feel extra fast and powerful, my Notorious felt STRONG on 4s with Backflip LPs and stock gearing!!!🤣 I know, it was my first real bash with it and I'm sure I'll gear up 2-4t soon, but does feel like my speed expectations have been reset.
first winter I've not bothered much seems to have rained every day for months on end can't wait to kick some dust up again and get some descent runs in without thinking its going to be a nightmare cleaning the car when you get home

This is the hate part of my love/hate relationship with SCTs 😑

20240323_144058.jpg

This is the hate part of my love/hate relationship with SCTs 😑

View attachment 356385
Wow, hard to tell what kind of car is under there 😆.

Maybe for your terrain some scorched fenders or a dust cover is in order.

I can run a full pack through the senton and just turn it upside down and shake it out.

Wow, hard to tell what kind of car is under there 😆.

Maybe for your terrain some scorched fenders or a dust cover is in order.

I can run a full pack through the senton and just turn it upside down and shake it out.
This was some pretty moist construction area dirt. I don't think the scorched fenders would work in this case since I'm running an aftermarket proline body. I have them on my Mojave and they're life savers!

This was some pretty moist construction area dirt. I don't think the scorched fenders would work in this case since I'm running an aftermarket proline body. I have them on my Mojave and they're life savers!
Ooo let's see this body!

We had 2.05 inches of rain this morning, so running my RC cars was not something I could do today. I had water running down downhill from my backyard into my driveway and down to the street. :cry:
That's where those cheapo $60 Amazon RC's come in handy 😄

Decided to take out the XRT today, and while the batteries were charging, I decided to install the receiver and try out my Radiomaster RC8X. I'm blown away by how good this radio is. I need more receivers stat.

I think I have hit the sweet spot with this rig. Perfect pass servo, Max6, stock motor, stock gearing, aluminum shock caps, M2C bellcranks, Garage Life wing brace and battery strap system, and Duratrax Warthogs. I see no need to change anything else. It's a riot to run, and doesn't break, no matter how stupid I get with it.
20240407_170111.jpg
20240407_173541.jpg

Looking good 👍
Decided to take out the XRT today, and while the batteries were charging, I decided to install the receiver and try out my Radiomaster RC8X. I'm blown away by how good this radio is. I need more receivers stat.

I think I have hit the sweet spot with this rig. Perfect pass servo, Max6, stock motor, stock gearing, aluminum shock caps, M2C bellcranks, Garage Life wing brace and battery strap system, and Duratrax Warthogs. I see no need to change anything else. It's a riot to run, and doesn't break, no matter how stupid I get with it. View attachment 359545View attachment 359546

Ripped around the pavement before cleaning up the yard. Fun AF!

View attachment 359537

Yesterday and today. The 65 Mustang EX07 most like an Arrma gearing sound and handling. The 2020 FSR Mustang handled better and less gear noise just a whistling noise. I could drift easily and power slide. One of my new favorite cars.

IMG_20240404_151607.jpg

IMG_20240325_103225.jpg

Yesterday I went flying rc's with my buddy. I have been trying to get him to try surface vehicles but he keeps telling me he's not interested. Well yesterday I gave him a Granite Grom. He had a blast and said he's bringing it every time we go flying.
I got the hook set, just need to reel him in. :ROFLMAO: been trying for a year!

Ran my Tekno MT410 and the Tekno SCT410.3 today off my BMX ramps for a couple of hours. Backflips for the MT410 and long jumps for the SCT410.3 plus lots of gravel ripping donuts and wheelie inducing speed. :)
Any flying RC Pics? 👀 :cool:

Back