What did you print/CAD today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice. It’s not too flimsy? Did the stock spring break?
No still pretty sturdy I think. Stock one didn’t break just having some fun testing and printing different stuff. Seeing which amount of infill I like. In the 1st photo I’m squeezing the front bumper pretty good.

0203A5E5-97FA-44C2-AC12-5277E5BB3D16.jpeg

28641C83-C087-4C8E-B7DC-2CDE1A8F92E4.jpeg

Yes it is or was. I know I downloaded it to my PC when I found it a couple of days ago but searching on yeggi last night I found one exactly the same on cults3d.com

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/arrma-8s-front-bumper-shock

The one on thingiverse might be gone now as I get an 404 error when I try and navigate to the page. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5503993
I just looked for it and I can't even log in to thingiverse right now for some reason. I wonder if there's something up with the site.

Took about 7 hours last night. Had some lifting on the corners. Heating up the bed a little more to see if that helps.

View attachment 290268

View attachment 290269

View attachment 290270

No!
Don't increase heat.

What you need is to add Anti Warping Tabs (called TabAntiWarping) on the corners or where ever it's lifting.

It's a free Add-on that you can auto-install in Cura to help control that kind of problem.

I believe it's up to version 1.4.0 that's the one you want for the latest Cura.

NOTE-
You'll probably want to increase the Tab size to something like 16 or 20mm.

Last edited:
Looks good! Heating up the bed could make the problem worse. TPU doesn't need a lot of heat for adhesion. I bet adding a brim would fix the problem.

No!
Don't increase heat.

What you need is to add Anti Warping Tabs (called TabAntiWarping) on the corners or where ever it's lifting.

It's a free Add-on that you can auto-install in Cura to help control that kind of problem.

I believe it's up to version 1.4.0 that's the one you want for the latest Cura.
Appreciate you both. I should have added a brim on this one. 🤦‍♂️

I will definitely add that in my Cura settings as well as the TabAntiWarping

I was reading at anywhere from 30-60 degrees was okay for TPU bed temps but also kept reading you don’t need a heated bed plate. I also turned off the cooling as well on this print to see if that helps with the warping when cooling as I was reading it wasn’t necessary or turn it down significantly.

Z offset might be a little close right now or the bed is not perfectly level. Seems like after 10 or so prints I have to re level the bed.

What is strange for me is when I leveled the bed last time the Z offset was good at -3.65 but now -4.0 / -3.95 seems to be right. 🤷‍♂️

Having fun tinkering that’s for sure.

image.jpg

A mount that fits to the wheelie bar to attach and hold my sky rc gps.

View attachment 290296

I thought for a minute i was gonna have to put this in the failed print thread, but on closer inspection all the strands are just from supports that didnt adhere, and haven't affected the actual part in any way.

View attachment 290297
That almost ended bad! Glad it worked out!

Last edited:
Aww yea and look at the result, worth it! So cool your TPU prints are coming out so nice!!! (y) (y)
No still pretty sturdy I think. Stock one didn’t break just having some fun testing and printing different stuff. Seeing which amount of infill I like. In the 1st photo I’m squeezing the front bumper pretty good.

View attachment 289828

View attachment 289829
I was actually going to try and remix something like this with thicker walls. Seemed too thin for a 1/5th.

Taking my first crack at more advanced filaments today. Got some Overture Easy Nylon in a SunLu Filament dryer. Going to start re-printing all the parts for my project in Nylon. Will either update this thread or the failed prints thread tomorrow when i come back from the pub and see what awaits me.

View attachment 291256
You keep your printer in the garage in a cabinet I see? I should probably do the same if i want to try on the nylon. Been mostly PLA for me, so it's in the house for now.

Just a reminder to anyone leaving printers running in your house when you're not home...

Check to make sure the thermal runaway is enabled in the firmware.. last thing you want is to lose a house/ garage over a wing mount or something ..👍

Just a reminder to anyone leaving printers running in your house when you're not home...

Check to make sure the thermal runaway is enabled in the firmware.. last thing you want is to lose a house/ garage over a wing mount or something ..👍
I had to activate it on my older Wanhao i3 plus, and my Ender 3 I bought used so had to swap motherboard since it was fried. Uploaded new firmware to 32bit board and the default code had it activated. 👍

Agree on thermal runaway. I also have a smoke detector inside the enclosure, and a smart power switch to turn off the printer’s power if the smoke detector rings.

Back