What does everything think of the new Boost accessory pack to turn the mega into a 4x4.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all a just a way to confuse the customer that the prices went up.. the mega 4x4 (with battery and charger) used to cost 220$, now 270$. now their asking 240$ just to get 2wd, and another 40$ to make it 4x4... lets not forget that the "real" 2wd granite is 100$ with a battery

Didn't see any mention of this in the forum even though video was posted 7 hours ago. Arrma 4x2 line up????

My favorite part is that you can buy the parts they removed separately as a kit to make it 4x4 again.🤣 I wonder how much cheaper it will be then the regular mega 4x4. Also 2 in 1 ESC/reciever?

Last edited:
lets not forget that the "real" 2wd granite is 100$ with a battery

... and available for much less when on sale:

1660851406728.png

I think they'll end up being a big hit around the holidays and with parts breakers. And every penny they can take away from TRX is a good thing.

Last edited:
Bye bye voltage. Hello Xmas special deal on the 2wd mega. They needed a better entrance platform. This fits the bill. Smart move on the part of Arrma with the upgrade path. Not really my cup of tea but good for them. Plus more body options for the 3s line. It’s a win for everyone!

A 2wd 3s rig does appeal to me from a performance perspective..my brother owns 2 of the 4x2 rustler vxls, one is the latest with the new transmission. Not sure how that will hold up, but the earlier version keeps blowing trans parts..too much power it seems. Fast as hell for a hot minute tho!😎

I'll be honest, this morning I made a video on how to convert your Kraton 4x4 into a 4x2 (just pull out the center driveshaft :ROFLMAO:) , but decided it was too mean.
I knew it..you're working for HH aren't you!! HaHa 🤣🤣
I'll be honest, this morning I made a video on how to convert your Kraton 4x4 into a 4x2 (just pull out the center driveshaft :ROFLMAO:) , but decided it was too mean.
Problem is not enough weight on the rear tires..no grip. I tried it on a Redcat Avalanche xte once..no bueno.

Last edited:
This is news to me, after all it's drop Thursdays. I'm for it especially if it takes sales away from TRX. Like the brushed 2wd Stampede and Rustler.

... and available for much less when on sale:

View attachment 237206
Yeah I got two of them during that sale and then Amazon sent me a third for free for some reason which they didn’t know. One was stolen, the best one of course I’d built up, and the other two I recently combined to make a good one.

Arrma we didn't ask for this! Why? Don't start acting like Traxxass!. The Felony is overdue for a upgrade. The 3s platform is getting messing. There are 3 versions of the Granite and Senton, 2 Vortex and Typhon, but one Big Rock. 11 vehicles from this line! SMH!
I agree, Arrmas line up is too bloated overall IMHO.
Not following their logic, except enticing us to BUY the latest and "supposedly greatest". When in reality, it is just a Hat Trick and new Box art. And an excuse to bump up pricing.:unsure:
I knew it..you're working for HH aren't you!! HaHa 🤣🤣

Problem is not enough weight on the rear tires..no grip. I tried it on a Redcat Avalanche xte once..no bueno.
+1.
If you look close at dedicated 2WD rigs, the motors are always placed more rearward for traction. Sometimes the motors are even behind the rear axel. Weight bias is always to the rear.
This looks good for people that started with the mega and want to make it better.
You mean the guys that Have a Mega and want to drop stupid coin to make it a 4x4 because that is what they really wanted.
Just buy a 3s 4x4. Cheaper and easier that way. And you have 2 RC's now. Leave the Mega as is. Drive it for what it is. Still fun.

Last edited:
Just saw it. Body looks cool. Better esc but 2wd? I bought an 4x4 mega a while ago and it blew 3 motors. Imagine that! Haha. Let's wait for update for the 3s now.

Is it a better esc? I haven't found the specs for it yet.

Didn't see any mention of this in the forum even though video was posted 7 hours ago. Arrma 4x2 line up????

My favorite part is that you can buy the parts they removed separately as a kit to make it 4x4 again.🤣 I wonder how much cheaper it will be then the regular mega 4x4. Also 2 in 1 ESC/reciever?
It is another Money Grab by Arrma.
I would run from that stuff there.(n)
Trying to do the Traxxass thing with marketting.(n)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back