Typhon What innovative features would you love to see in your next Arrma model?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari33

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I think that would be my most desirable feature would be to see a proper active centre differential.

Another frivolous feature that might be possible... gyro controlled wheelies?

Active aero?

Post your thoughts here....

I'd like to see a less maintenance intensive wheel/tire that holds up to higher speeds.

I think that would be my most desirable feature would be to see a proper active centre differential.

What are you thoughts on the center diff, and what do you mean by "active"? Something along the "Nero Brain" locking style diff?

A Tactic radio?

I agree on improvements that lessen the need for maintenance, like rubber boots for the input gear and diff outputs, wheels axles as well?

Wing mount that gives access to the diff cover without the need for a ball hex.

Oh, and being able to remove the diff bearings without disassembling the diff.

Better, lower maintenance high speed tyres would always be welcome. I've always felt that rc tyres are an underdeveloped area....

What are you thoughts on the center diff, and what do you mean by "active"? Something along the "Nero Brain" locking style diff?

The diff brain is cool but very limited in its simple lock or unlock action.
I'm thinking something completely variable in lock percentage that can use a gyro input and is programmable for totally adjustable handling characteristics on the fly.
A simple variable clutch or an electomagetically controlled ferrofluid in the diff... just some thoughts.

Idealy just to have a level of diff control to be able to open or tighten the diff to the same capability of how the modern WRC cars do it.. just imagine THAT level of stability, agility and traction with no compromises.

That would be so cool, but i wonder how small/simple you can make something like this that will fit the 6s cars.

I think Each line needs to have a clear design philosophy and this should guide every update to the cars.

The 6s line is a racing cars made for bashing, it’s high performance, tunable and versatile, it’s for people who likes a “classic” rc car and i think this concept is cool. So i want the future updates to be more of that, with basically taking what the racing cars are doing and adapting them, things like mudguards, motor that mounts to the chassis (for better stability and heat dissipation), battery mount that holds the battery directly on the chassis for lower lcg (or to fit bigger batteries), the Talion’s braces style on all models, a combined servo/receiver box module like the 3s ones, a single piece wing mount and rubber boots.

The 4x4 is a modern design with emphasis on less parts, simplicity and low maintenance. I would love if the design of the chassis would implement some droop limiters (to lesser the strain on the shocks), a better sealed power module, a center driveshaft brace that moulded into the chassis and is more durable, battery spaces that can be removed without screws, more material on the arms to protect the shocks from hits that bends the shafts and of course shocks that don't leak. The Voltage is the same concept only 2wd. For that line i would love to see a BLX update with a Raider version

The Nero was the complex and high tech car, it’s only issue was that it was the same scale as the 6s line, if the rumors of the bigger scale cars are true, i only hope its a halo car like the Nero was and not a bigger car based on the 6s parts. In this line Arrma could push for things like active diffs and such.

Oh, and being able to remove the diff bearings without disassembling the diff.
YES!

I don't know why traxxas is the only one that uses this a lot, but having replaceable cups that you can change out as they wear and being able to shim inside the bearing vs outside over the cup is a nice thing to be able to do without tearing the diff completely apart. This is good for general wrenching and maintenance. I guess it's 4 more grub screws you have to worry about, but we are all locktite finatics anyway. As long as the shaft is ground and keyed to the cup, the screw is just there to keep the cup on the shaft.

Front, side, top and rear airbags that deploy when the truck is hitting the ground at the wrong angle............. which is always?

Front, side, top and rear airbags that deploy when the truck is hitting the ground at the wrong angle............. which is always?
In my latest video I show that I bought the wrong skid plates. I bought RPM chassis skids but should have bought ones for the top instead ???

In my latest video I show that I bought the wrong skid plates. I bought RPM chassis skids but should have bought ones for the top instead ???
Now that would be a great innovation ?

I just drive mine around wrapped in bubble wrap. Safety first.
Do you also coat the bubble wrap in crisco? Cause that’s what would keep the bubble wrap safe from road rash ?????

Adjustable TSM / Gyro like Traxxas has today .
This is very good and innotative !

You can have it at 50% and this helps, still fun drive.,

you can also have it off when you want.

Absolute best feature i ever try in RC Cars.
I can run like 70mph and turn on dusty road without any bigger issues thanks to TSM
AMAZING !!!

Higher voltage bec, faster steering servo, adjustable servo saver, sealed bearings, larger bearings in the drive line, front upper hinge pins and brace that aren't held in by a thread(it needs to lock), thicker steering rack, thicker chassis, proper front camber adjustment, a DSMR/2 receiver if they are going to stick with Spektrum, I think that will do for now.

Last edited:
Some really great ideas on here from you guys. I really hope Arrma's CEO and design engineers are listening. :)
Adjustable TSM / Gyro like Traxxas has today .
This is very good and innotative !

You can have it at 50% and this helps, still fun drive.,

you can also have it off when you want.

Absolute best feature i ever try in RC Cars.
I can run like 70mph and turn on dusty road without any bigger issues thanks to TSM
AMAZING !!!

Sounds like Spektrums AVC that comes with the Infraction iirc? It can be tuned by seperate gain pots for both throttle and steering among other settings with the right TX. You should check it out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back