what is your next RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a second Mojave EXB… before they raise the prices of the rollers. Already have a couple Kraton‘s…
Hurricane

Currently my list would be (in no particular order):

Typhon 6s
road bashers: Infraction or Felony
Mojave
Talion EXB

I do like the look of the Outcast EXB as that body is awesome but I prefer LWB platforms atm.

A Mojave EXB is my next purchase. That gives me the big 3 of Kraton, Infraction, Mojave. After that, I dunno. Typhon is cool I guess, but I don't really have a use for it. I'd get a Talion purely because of how amazing they look, but then I start stepping on the Kratons territory, kinda the same with the stunt trucks.

I don't really think I'd have a use with a crawler and I'm awful at air vehicles. Guess that leaves boats. Don't really have anywhere local to run one, but damn they look cool.

I'd also love to do a Landcruiser crawler or trail truck build. Maybe a 40 or 70 series. But not yet. I find it hard to get time with the current fleet.

What their issue? For what it is how was it? I thought I seen 1 or 2 in your group in the non Arrma thread.

The diffs are made entirely out of butter soft plastic and strip if you look at them wrong. It's alright just needs some help to be better, all of the other issues can easily be fixed but the diffs are it's Achilles heel. Currently the only option is to keep replacing the stock ones at $32 each before shipping or order diffs from a Carisma GTB, they cost $48 each before shipping, they are currently out of stock and the GTB has been discontinued for some time so the likelihood of them coming back in stock is highly unlikely. The diffs out of the Mini 8ight platform fit but again the Mini has been discontinued and diffs are few and far between but you need to make your own drive shafts.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/1-18-ruckus-differential-problems-and-upgrades-discussion.295/

I have no idea. There's nothing I want, I just got a Bullet MT for the hell of it, 'cause I couldn't think of what else to get.

I have a Redcat Sixty four coming! Being apart of the minitruckin/low rider scene when I was younger, I just couldn’t resist. Should be pretty fun. Not to mention different.

The diffs are made entirely out of butter soft plastic and strip if you look at them wrong. It's alright just needs some help to be better, all of the other issues can easily be fixed but the diffs are it's Achilles heel. Currently the only option is to keep replacing the stock ones at $32 each before shipping or order diffs from a Carisma GTB, they cost $48 each before shipping, they are currently out of stock and the GTB has been discontinued for some time so the likelihood of them coming back in stock is highly unlikely. The diffs out of the Mini 8ight platform fit but again the Mini has been discontinued and diffs are few and far between but you need to make your own drive shafts.

https://www.ecxforum.com/threads/1-18-ruckus-differential-problems-and-upgrades-discussion.295/
Oh ok sooo nvrmind on that. I'm def no fab guy. 👌

Oh ok sooo nvrmind on that. I'm def no fab guy. 👌

The worst part is Horizon says that there isn't a problem with the diffs. Yet there were 3 different threads about it across 3 different forums. They added shims to the inside of the diffs on more recent models, if there isn't a problem with the diffs then why did they suddenly start adding shims?

I got one in May. Kind of wish I had left it stock, drove it, then upgraded what was needed/wanted...

I started by gutting the electronics, installing the wide kit, putting on 3.8" LP tires and throwing in a MMX/2200kv 1515 system in it. Then cvd's... now running 6S in it. lol!

I got one in May. Kind of wish I had left it stock, drove it, then upgraded what was needed/wanted...

I started by gutting the electronics, installing the wide kit, putting on 3.8" LP tires and throwing in a MMX/2200kv 1515 system in it. Then cvd's... now running 6S in it. lol!
Mine still is stock. :D That is one possessed little s.o.b.

I don't own a 1/8 buggy. Never did in all the RC years.
Do I build up a nice Tekno EB48 2.0?
Or just get a sweet 6s Typhon? I prefer an EXB Typhon if it existed. More practical for me.
The wallet only knows. It's empty these days.:cry:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back