What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah it is. And the punch is very noticeable too. I have a video of the comparison. Should I upload it? I don't think it's interesting enough.
The powerhobby give you 67% of the Gens run time, claiming same mAh is simply misleading.

I bet they weren't 67% of the price. There is a reason the quality lipos cost a little more but far outperform that other 'junk'.
Not always needed, but isn't it? Hate paying more for less, in comparison.

The runtime is noticeable as well. Similar running conditions I assume?
Yup everything was the same. Same vehicle, location and day. I was surprised by the results. Don't get me wrong, I do like the powerhobby stuff, but they work better for the lighter stuff like my XL Kraton 6s. I like how compact their 3s batteries are. Perfect for the Typhon 6s too.
20230304_165440.jpg

Bought 3 of these, buy 2 get one free plus half price shipping. Took 2 weeks to arrive in NZ but so far they're pretty sweet.
CNHL 3s 5600mah 120c

IMG_0345.jpeg

Running them in my Granite Mega BLX100 and if I'm doing a speed run, at 80% throttle slowly squeezing it to 100% causes the thing to pop the front wheels up. I'm not that experienced with 4 wheels but it wouldn't get close on my 2s 5300 60c batteries or the 2200 3s 30s, the small 3s livened it up but these just turn it into a rocket ship.

Last edited:
Bought 3 of these, buy 2 get one free plus half price shipping. Took 2 weeks to arrive in NZ but so far they're pretty sweet.
CNHL 3s 5600mah 120c

View attachment 289064

Running them in my Granite Mega BLX100 and if I'm doing a speed run, at 80% throttle slowly squeezing it to 100% causes the thing to pop the front wheels up. I'm not that experienced with 4 wheels but it wouldn't get close on my 2s 5300 60c batteries or the 2200 3s 30s, the small 3s livened it up but these just turn it into a rocket ship.

Yep CNHL top of the line lipos are very good. I guess they, as gens, applied some of the racing drones lipo technology (TATTU R-LINE is the fpv racing series of gens lipos). Those lipos are crazy. A standard 5" drone easily pulls 120-130A from a 210g 1300mAh 6s lipo, making it sag at no less then 4.0V/cell. You do the math lol

CNHL 3s 5600mah 120c

View attachment 289064

Remember, 60c for a 5000mah battery is twice as much current as 60c for a 2500mah battery. That’s why quad racers really demand truly high C batteries because they are usually tiny…. 1300mah… so to really pull 100A+ it has to be 100C range.

thanks for the tip. sounds like you may know a bit about batteries.

What rate should i charge these at? Normally I use 1C but this says max charge rate is 5C. I have an ISDT K2 which is 200w AC and 500x2 DC so should be able to handle more.

1680153451000.png

thanks for the tip. sounds like you may know a bit about batteries.

What rate should i charge these at? Normally I use 1C but this says max charge rate is 5C. I have an ISDT K2 which is 200w AC and 500x2 DC so should be able to handle more.

View attachment 289196

If you’re in no rush, 1C would be ideal as you’ll get the most capacity into the battery.

Since you have a dual charger you can see exactly the difference of mAh being delivered by charging 1 battery at 1C on channel 1 and 5C on channel two. Given that both batteries are evenly balanced charged prior to charging.

Higher charge rate, lower cycle life.
I'd be anywhere in the 1-2C rate. Going to 5C saves you maybe 2 min at the end of the day, as the balancing is what will take time.
This higher C rate is only applied while you are outside the end of charge cycle, which is always 5-10min.

You can't even do 5c on that charger.

@200w you will top out at 2.41c. https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-charger-wattage-calculator/#B

Charger Rate Per Pack(C)Charge Current Per Pack (A)
2.41 C13.5 Amps (A

You would have to run it in DC mode with a capable psu to get close 5c even then you are limited to 20a.

Charger Wattage Requirement
353 Watts (W) required as an output from your charger.
415 Watts (W) required from your power supply.
28 Amps (A) charge rate required of the charger per pack.
It would take approximately 13 Minutes to charge 1 pack(s) from less than 20% capac ity.

Last edited:
Anyone know about these CNHLs?
https://a.co/d/5otbGwt
Screenshot_20230422_203622.jpg

They aren't showing on CNHLs site.

Im just looking for a bashers lipo, and thinking they may compare with the black/orange cnhl racing line, but looking to get more info first. By weight they look be halfway decent.

I just received my first R1 pack 150C 2S. Iplan to run it on an indoor carpet track and 2S is the limit so I got the hottest battery I could find that wasn't a full drag battery.

Already told you my preference. One that doesn't catch fire and gives me wheelies.
While that isn't bad advice, not really what I was looking for lol with shipping I'm looking at 1 dollar difference in total price, $105 for the CNHL or $104 for the SMC, CNHL 9500mah and SMC 5800mah. Bit of a difference in capacity

While that isn't bad advice, not really what I was looking for lol with shipping I'm looking at 1 dollar difference in total price, $105 for the CNHL or $104 for the SMC, CNHL 9500mah and SMC 5800mah. Bit of a difference in capacity
Understood. In all seriousness, your going to pay more for a smc. They are said to be a better quality lipo. Having said that, I also have a few of these hoovos which are charging and performing well. That's a huge difference in capacity on your two choices. I would thoroughly research the cnhl before commiting. So far, I've no problems with both my brands. Seems everyone has different experiences...sorry I couldn't be much help.

IMG_20230429_183058679_HDR.jpg

Understood. In all seriousness, your going to pay more for a smc. They are said to be a better quality lipo. Having said that, I also have a few of these hoovos which are charging and performing well. That's a huge difference in capacity on your two choices. I would thoroughly research the cnhl before commiting. So far, I've no problems with both my brands. Seems everyone has different experiences...sorry I couldn't be much help.

View attachment 296337
I have several CNHL lipos, all 3s pairs for use in my Erevo 2.0. 1 pair of 3s 5000mah 30c Racing Series off Amazon for $47, 1 pair of 3s 5000mah 65c Black series from CNHL for $62, 1 pair of 3s 5000mah 40c Black Series from CNHL for $49. I've had 1 pair puff after sitting for 4 days after putting them at storage voltage 3.85v, so I was like eff them.

But eh, you sometimes get a bad product and I want to give them another go but I've been itching to try SMC now that I've got a Talion EXB. Just not sure between the two with price point being almost the same and their capacities varying so much.

Back