What is your RC LiPo of choice in 2022

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems like a very subjective subject...such as Ford vrs. Chevy. I don't know to much about different brands but currently using a smc 5200 135c. If it holds a charge, doesn't puff up or explode and gives me a decent run time, I'm happy.
SMC is one of the more reliable battery manufacturer in terms of quality and performance.

Agreed, SMC has a very consistent process in place with the manufacturer.
CNHL (China Hobby Line) seems consistent with Lipos above the 60C rating, below you could end up with Amazon specials performance.
Tattu, gensacearespammers and Admiral line from MotionRC are other consistent performers. Pick the ones with the price you like.
Liperior is a fairly new solution, but the owner used to run the Hobbyking line before they turned to heaping piles.

Agreed, SMC has a very consistent process in place with the manufacturer.
CNHL (China Hobby Line) seems consistent with Lipos above the 60C rating, below you could end up with Amazon specials performance.
Tattu, gensacearespammers and Admiral line from MotionRC are other consistent performers. Pick the ones with the price you like.
Liperior is a fairly new solution, but the owner used to run the Hobbyking line before they turned to heaping piles.
10 years ago hobbyking was the way to go for lipo battery :D i remember these days...my first pair were the blue zippy flightmaxx 5000mah

now hk is for my opinion 'dead', funfact: the cnhl g+ cells are similar to the more expensive turnigy graphene from hk.

You and me live and germany, where do you get those SMC's ? They don't ship over

OFFTOPIC:
I am very happy with these chinahobbyline, the g+ and racing are great batteries.
The CNHL G+ series is a really solid performer. Once you factor in the price and, to my mind, they're a tough proposition to beat in terms of performance per $. Their new Parallel line is looking like they're doing really well too.

As for SMC, you can get them at wetronic.nl

Unfortunately they ran out of SRDs fairly quickly (except for the 2S) but I was able to get a pair of the 3S 6500s when they first came online. They do, however, have a decent selection of SMC DV Extreme and True Spec Extreme lipos if you're interested in picking some up.

The CNHL G+ series is a really solid performer. Once you factor in the price and, to my mind, they're a tough proposition to beat in terms of performance per $. Their new Parallel line is looking like they're doing really well too.

As for SMC, you can get them at wetronic.nl

Unfortunately they ran out of SRDs fairly quickly (except for the 2S) but I was able to get a pair of the 3S 6500s when they first came online. They do, however, have a decent selection of SMC DV Extreme and True Spec Extreme lipos if you're interested in picking some up.
Do they ship the batterys to us ?

SMC is one of the more reliable battery manufacturer in terms of quality and performance.
Thank you...good to know. Seems the guy at my lhs steered me right when I was picking one out with other accessories last week. Got the hard pack. Fits in my senton like a hand in glove.

My first run with the gens pro basher batteries was nothing less than spectacular. With just one run, I can tell that they have way more punch and top end speed than the Powerhobby batteries. I managed to get 60 mph off road with just 30/47 gearing, which is conservative gearing for the XLX2 and 1100kv motor in my K8S. I'm impressed :

Screenshot_20221216_134818_GNSS PA.jpg

Well.. finally got my batteries delivered and some labels on.

Hoping to get a good comparison against some good batteries after the holidays.
9793F41B-AB17-4712-9D09-123DD7EE2547.jpeg
C03286BC-0D04-40D3-A3F8-AB2F78AA0AAB.jpeg
10F89958-DD68-42A9-85F3-AC17A05D4DEB.jpeg

Here are some comparison pics next to a SMC SRD V1 3S2P 8k and Onyx 6S2P 6500
DA3F014E-4DCA-40CB-B4CD-6CEC3AF69A8F.jpeg

25679300-1D20-476A-9199-38B0D021FB63.jpeg

3CA15FFE-4E23-48B4-8B75-4F5FADEF983D.jpeg

F8C5A2D0-8498-4513-8D35-1FC284A634AB.jpeg

#1: No, looks like ususal low quality junk imho.

#2: Yes, very reputable company with strict quality control. They are an original manufacturer and sell their lower quality items to no-name vendors (see #1)
Yeah I believe you. I'm 99% I'm going with option #2. I'm tired of wasting money on lipos that don't last long term.

one of my smc packs puffed up the other day while it was at storage sitting in ammo can. Almost feels like some air got inside the wrapping. cells still balanced fine, and IR is still low.

I've used it twice since it happened, and it seemed to get a little worse. but all the numbers look great. I'm kind of pissed off about it, I've been having some really bad luck lately.

I'm not even sure if I should stop using it or what.

Last edited:
one of my smc packs puffed up the other day while it was at storage sitting in ammo can. Almost feels like some air got inside the wrapping. cells still balanced fine, and IR is still low.

I've used it twice since it happened, and it seemed to get a little worse. but all the numbers look great. I'm kind of pissed off about it, I've been having some really bad luck lately.

I’d plug it into an xlx2 in your favorite rig and roll the dice! Let’s get nuts!

So CNHL or SMC packs and I can go even quicker than Spektrum smart Lipos, thanks everyone!

Puffed as in little swelling? Actually that is normal for any lipo, but people freak out for no reason.

Back