Kraton Where are the Drag Speed runs..!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I see we have quite a few members on here that do speed runs, but I don't really see any drag racers here ??
Recently there was a post about fastest to 40mph I think, sorry can't remember who posted it.

I may have to convert to drag racer from speed runner as I'm still having trouble finding a nice long flat road..!!!
But, 132ft I think is totally doable where I am..😉

Rules - 132ft no prep drag, classes 4s, 6s, 8s, mostly the same as speed runner sections, post a vid if you can and/or pic of gps reading..👍🏼
It would be a fun section to have here..!!
What does everyone think..?? Let me know 🤔

Edit: I've added this thread here for some drag info... https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/drag-set-up-mods.20686/

I see we have quite a few members on here that do speed runs, but I don't really see any drag racers here ??
Recently there was a post about fastest to 40mph I think, sorry can't remember who posted it.

I may have to convert to drag racer from speed runner as I'm still having trouble finding a nice long flat road..!!!
But, 132ft I think is totally doable where I am..😉

Rules - 132ft no prep drag, classes 4s, 6s, 8s, mostly the same as speed runner sections, post a vid if you can and/or pic of gps reading..👍🏼
It would be a fun section to have here..!!
What does everyone think..?? Let me know 🤔

Edit: I've added this thread here for some drag info... https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/drag-set-up-mods.20686/
We have a friendly 0-40 club going here

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/i-go-0-40-real-qiuk-real-quik.36508/

took the limitless out today for some fine tuning and made a couple passes on an old set of hoons just to see what it would do

its still geared for 130-ish
28F3E4AF-87AA-49A1-BC70-F9AD6F25DC8B.png
5ADE57B5-3492-4142-A82E-1D558EA9E7D5.png

Interesting 🤔

So a set of S1 GRP's and geared down just a fraction, I believe it would be very quick..!! 😉

The no prep class is all 1/10 based. I haven't heard of any official 1/7 class as cars are so limited in variety

If there is interest, I can build a leaderboard for any drag runs here. I'll throw it into a different thread, similar to the speedrun PB thread. I'm thinking about a few classes, and since this is an Arrma forum, I'll make sure it is heavily based around Arrma cars.

- 1/7 (Arrma on-road chassis, 6S max, 188ft)
- 1/10 (Arrma 3S chassis, swb or lwb, 3S max, 132ft)
- Unlimited (any chassis, any cell count, 188ft)
- Unlimited 0-40 (same rules as unlimited, tracked by time to 40mph instead of time for distance)
- 1/10 no prep (standard rules, 2wd, 2S max, 132ft)

All runs welcome, verified rules as follows.

Video with no cuts of: chassis/car with body off so as to verify class, clear indicator of cell count either via balance plug or clear indicators on battery, zero out of GPS/PA, and the run. Included in the post for verification must be a screenshot of the GPS/PA after the run, set to Drag mode.

Last edited:
The no prep class is all 1/10 based. I haven't heard of any official 1/7 class as cars are so limited in variety

If there is interest, I can build a leaderboard for any drag runs here. I'll throw it into a different thread, similar to the speedrun PB thread. I'm thinking about a few classes, and since this is an Arrma forum, I'll make sure it is heavily based around Arrma cars.

- Unlimited 0-40 (same rules as unlimited, tracked by time to 40mph instead of time for distance)

Video with no cuts of: chassis/car with body off so as to verify class, clear indicator of cell count either via balance plug or clear indicators on battery, zero out of GPS/PA, and the run. Included in the post for verification must be a screenshot of the GPS/PA after the run, set to Drag mode.
Personally i am still more focused on speedrunning, but i might take it up on the side.

Count me in. @K-BASH already kind of started a friendly shout out thread, but maybe a structured bracket would be helpful.

Oh and put me on top for now with a 1.350s 0-40 on 6S with a K6S. I will go back soon and do a distance shot too.

Start something up👍👍im super busy right now try to go 257mph......lol if you do you should transfer times at top of thread over to new thread👍👍👍JD has a hellva good time im after...
Start something up👍👍im super busy right now try to go 257mph......lol if you do you should transfer times at top of thread over to new thread👍👍👍JD has a hellva good time im after...
We could have 1 of the 3 wise-men close this one out

Need to make a noto/oc class. That will add sum time to the clocks for sure but skill would more the key🤷‍♂️

Need to make a noto/oc class. That will add sum time to the clocks for sure but skill would more the key🤷‍♂️
There will be a column for Chassis in the unlimited classes so you can directly compare 6S SWB to 6S SWB instead of to a juiced up 8S Infraction.

Count me in. @K-BASH already kind of started a friendly shout out thread, but maybe a structured bracket would be helpful.

Oh and put me on top for now with a 1.350s 0-40 on 6S with a K6S. I will go back soon and do a distance shot too.

Are you still going to make a speed run hit with that Kraton? 80mph is the number to beat from the other thread.
Maybe give me 5mph handicap for the bigger tyres I was running........... maybe another 5 for using a small block 🤣

Last edited:
Are you still going to make a speed run hit with that Kraton? 80mph is the number to beat from the other thread.
Maybe give me 5mph handicap for the bigger tyres I was running........... maybe another 5 for using a small block 🤣
I don’t have it geared for that right now, but that’s just a quick gear change. Right now it tops out at 47mph on 6S 🤣 It’s geared to go real quick to 40mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back