Who uses drones with active track to film your rc's ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3x9rtse

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
Just like the title says , wondering who / what you guys use for a drone to film while driving your RC's ? What brand ? How fast can they go to keep up ? How close can you get with them ? etc , etc .... Watching all the vids which look like the camera is right next to the rc , and guess this is how they do it .

Just like the title says , wondering who / what you guys use for a drone to film while driving your RC's ? What brand ? How fast can they go to keep up ? How close can you get with them ? etc , etc .... Watching all the vids which look like the camera is right next to the rc , and guess this is how they do it .
I have not done that but something similar.
  • I set a path for the drone
    • The path was simple and under 20mph
  • Drive car directly under the path
    • explore with positioning
The result was very interesting indeed. I need to test again under optimal conditions.

I used my Phantom 4 Pro for the test. I've since purchased the DJI Minin 2 and will test it soon. The drone is amazing and much lighter than the Phantom. I'll post videos soon.
As @Lovestricken mentions, if the view is within inches and at the rear or side it is an arm using a GoPro. I'm also testing that setup. I'm searching for the perfect setups across various videography methods. I posted the following video, although it does not use these techniques it demonstrates the style I want to produce.

I've done it with a Phantom 4 Pro once but it didn't work well :D

The result was very interesting indeed. I need to test again under optimal conditions.

I used my Phantom 4 Pro for the test. I've since purchased the DJI Minin 2 and will test it soon. The drone is amazing and much lighter than the Phantom. I'll post videos soon.
As @Lovestricken mentions, if the view is within inches and at the rear or side it is an arm using a GoPro. I'm also testing that setup. I'm searching for the perfect setups across various videography methods. I posted the following video, although it does not use these techniques it demonstrates the style I want to produce.

I get a big GRIN every time I watch my video.
It's a must view on a large screen. Fun times.

Thats the brand I was looking at , Mavic Air 2 , curious to see the video of it tracking your rc .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back