Worst soldering job I have ever seen!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My key steps to achieve good solder joints on battery wires:

- No stickers at all on tools or equipment
- Big, cheap pencil iron with no temperature control
- Lead-free solder picked at random from the hardware store
- No additional flux

Your mileage may vary.
Well we already established that stickers are mandatory for great solder so that pokes a hole in your whole process right there….

Damn Bro, they are sold out of all the scorched decals......did you buy them all ?
🤣🤣🤣 naa but I have purchased a lot of parts from them and in some cases I’m getting 2-3 stickers with 1 part. Right now I have a drawer near full of mostly scorched stickers….I also did buy a scorched sticker set ONE TIME

IMG_20220208_134500.jpg

Got my soldering game on, Finally!
Picked this Oldie up over the weekend. Yes, it still works like a Boss!

Applied the appropriate sticker to convert to PRO Level 👍

My key steps to achieve good solder joints on battery wires:

- No stickers at all on tools or equipment
- Big, cheap pencil iron with no temperature control
- Lead-free solder picked at random from the hardware store
- No additional flux

Your mileage may vary.
That is how I do it. I also use needle nose pliers + a rubber band to keep the connector held in place.

I own a soldering gun, but I haven't used it in eight years. I'm afraid my soldering joints would look like those, so for the times I have needed a connector soldered (only twice in a year) I choose to use my local RC shop.

I own a soldering gun, but I haven't used it in eight years. I'm afraid my soldering joints would look like those, so for the times I have needed a connector soldered (only twice in a year) I choose to use my local RC shop.
I enjoy soldering a lot. Sometimes I’ll just practice with old wire. Yeah I practice soldering.

Soldering gun wouldn't work very well for battery connectors and large wires anyway. Tips don't have enough mass to hold heat and they drop in temperature too quickly to get fast, clean joints.

Soldering gun wouldn't work very well for battery connectors and large wires anyway. Tips don't have enough mass to hold heat and they drop in temperature too quickly to get fast, clean joints.
That was my experience several years ago with various pencil-type soldering irons. That's why I let the experts solder for me.

🤣🤣🤣 naa but I have purchased a lot of parts from them and in some cases I’m getting 2-3 stickers with 1 part. Right now I have a drawer near full of mostly scorched stickers….I also did buy a scorched sticker set ONE TIME
How is that drawer holding up?:LOL:

Mhmmm why u wanna make jokes about my drawer full of stickers??
But it’s holding up fine I suppose. Slides in n out freely as if on ceramic bearings…

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back