X maxx killer on way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to hear it direct and don't want to sit through the entire thing, start the 2nd part around the 23 minute mark.

Not sure if Arrma would make such a big deal about the new release if it were just another Kraton. We will have another peek on Tuesday. Maybe they will drop the name??

If you want to hear it direct and don't want to sit through the entire thing, start the 2nd part around the 23 minute mark.

I already watched the videos, i only do a constat about the name they give.

Besides the giant dust cloud with the big Kraton shadow in it, I didn't see anything that would give away that's it a Kraton

I'm sure it is a Kraton 8s.

time will tell.PNG

Not a lot of time to have the final confirmation.

That was a scene. Ppl thought the Noto was the next BIG thing but it just meant 2 new bodies for my Outcast. The hype surrounding this is truly next level, & that teaser is more than proof. Too bad it took them 2 yrs to finally get something release ready. I srsly don't want to think of the duds that came to my LHS that I never spoke of, mainly because most of it was painfully depressing. The worst of it made me want to hug my X-Maxx & DBXL. I'm not going to talk about it but there was some serious junk that eventually led to this beast.
I already watch the videos, i only do a constat about the name they give.

I'm sure it is a Kraton 8s.

View attachment 53668
Not a lot of time to have the final confirmation.
I was being sarcastic, I already know it's a Kraton, I just hope they fixed the arms.

That was a scene. Ppl thought the Noto was the next BIG thing but it just meant 2 new bodies for my Outcast. The hype surrounding this is truly next level, & that teaser is more than proof. Too bad it took them 2 yrs to finally get something release ready. I srsly don't want to think of the duds that came to my LHS that I never spoke of, mainly because most of it was painfully depressing. The worst of it made me want to hug my X-Maxx & DBXL. I'm not going to talk about it but there was some serious junk that eventually led to this beast.

I wasn't following things back then but with the hype going on now I can imagine people were extremely disappointed.

Man,I just pulled the trigger on the rampage xb e buggy cuz i really wanted a 1/5 buggy... Im gonna go broke cuz of arrma dag nabbit

The hype surrounding this is truly next level, & that teaser is more than proof. Too bad it took them 2 yrs to finally get something release ready.

I don't know if the Hobico bankruptcy as affected Arrma too. How do you plan to release new products and spend money in R&D if you know that your big distributor is in trouble? The voltages release were a big fail too and really on the cheap side of the market.

What makes you guys so sure?

The leaked photo and the video which confirm the shape of the chassis of the photo.

You're insight is always welcome brother! ❤???
Talked to my lhs today and also showed him my kraton build! (Napkins we're needed for the drooling ???) asked about the new Arrma(they are huge traxxas and Arrma suppliers) and was told they knew nothing about it! He asked was it showed on Arrmas site or horizon and I told him Arrmas as far as I knew. We watched the teaser video together and he was excited. So we'll just have to see... ?
Call him out for BS on them not knowing anything if they are Arrma sellers, I emailed my LHS 2 weeks ago and told them I wanted one of the new Arrma's when it comes out if it is a big rig, they responded with your on the top of list and we have already placed the order so we are getting some right away.

So no way they nothing about it at this point, they would have already needed to place orders. I was told it will be available soon after launch not like some of the other models.

My lhs also acted like they did even know about any new models coming.......
And they are a preferred arrma dealer
He said you mean the Mojave?
They must threaten them bad! If they play stupid?

Call him out for BS on them not knowing anything if they are Arrma sellers, I emailed my LHS 2 weeks ago and told them I wanted one of the new Arrma's when it comes out if it is a big rig, they responded with your on the top of list and we have already placed the order so we are getting some right away.

So no way they nothing about it at this point, they would have already needed to place orders. I was told it will be available soon after launch not like some of the other models.
Just telling you what he told me. I was shocked but we'll see ?

I wanted to put my name down for preorder but they said it has to have a name first. Cause they know what to reserve. Like they don’t know what I’m talking about ?

My LHS knows nothing and he would tell me if he did.

I'm kind of hoping it has a plastic chassis, both for durability and for weight savings. Am I nuts?
Nope, the 3 parts I break the most (in order) on my X-Maxx basher are the rear bulkhead, chassis, & front bulkhead. All plastic, cheap as hell, & ez to replace. But the plastics on the X-Maxx is also what's weighing it down. The other big trucks have TVPs which keep weight to a minimum but are a PITA to work on.

Last edited:
Nope, the 3 parts I break the most (in order) on my X-Maxx basher are the rear bulkhead, chassis, & front bulkhead. All plastic, cheap as hell, & ez to replace. But the plastics on the X-Maxx is also what's weighing it down. The other big trucks have TVPs which keep weight to a minimum but are a PITA to work on.

Chassis held up well here:

Same here. LHS confirmed they have on pre-order - wouldn’t tell me what it was but said I get the first one! Must be all those coffees I keep bringing him....no, wait...must be all that money I keep bringing him! ??????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back