29mm exb diffs worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, somtimes JRC is a bit off on pricing.. I've seen Kaiju EXT tires above retail, the FT body/cage was off the charts for a bit in the beginning too. I think they just put things up at whatever point they think it's worth, see how goes..if they don't move, then they lower the price.
BF LP's are always in demand though, so that's why the price is high on those.

Yeah, somtimes JRC is a bit off on pricing.. I've seen Kaiju EXT tires above retail, the FT body/cage was off the charts for a bit in the beginning too. I think they just put things up at whatever point they think it's worth, see how goes..if they don't move, then they lower the price.
BF LP's are always in demand though, so that's why the price is high on those.

Yes but having things cost as much or more than retail if kind of pointless if you are running an rc chop shop. I'll save the $3 and just buy the Backflips on Amazon, I get Amazon 30 days return plus the 2 year Arrma warranty.

Go with RCAwd EXB open diffs , I can do all 3 aluminum full assemblies with (2) AliX alloy bulkheads for the price of one Arrma EXB composite bulkhead assembly 😂
And it will work just fine. I've been on a real aliexpress kick lately and it's been great. I'm still laughing at people spending so much on bulkheads when I bought some for 12$ and they are great 🤣

Looks like someone else wants in on the Big Rock EXB action

1699287943049.png

Backflip LP are more too last time I looked.
Supply and demand will get you all the time.
Even with JennysRC. They do that from time to time. I noticed.(n)
They were doing that with the Rear larger Felony Tires way back when. Charging over retail list.

^^^
Yeah I noticed the same. Many parts are less $$.

For the time being I just ordered up a 6s blx assembly with housing from JRC. I only run stock power, should hold fine for my use. No way I'd pay Vitavon pricing regardless of what I ran for power. I may explore the RCAWD some more though, realistically I really don't even need the 29mm version, certainly not the LSD garbage for sure.

Just went to Jennys to buy a set of (4) FT wheels. They want $13.00 for standard shipping 4 tires. Jennys Shipping is always expensive, IMHO.
They also have Express shipping for like $6.00 more, yet takes the same amount of time to arrive to my Zip code.???
Many sellers get bulk rates from shippers and ass that savings nto the buyer.
Yet others charge the Full shipping rate to buyers and the seller makes some good clear profit on shipping alone. I get it. Is what it is.
For the time being I just ordered up a 6s blx assembly with housing from JRC. I only run stock power, should hold fine for my use. No way I'd pay Vitavon pricing regardless of what I ran for power. I may explore the RCAWD some more though, realistically I really don't even need the 29mm version, certainly not the LSD garbage for sure.
Yeah $135. each for Vitavon EXB diffs....... :unsure:Not feeling it. Never happening. Yet there are many that easily drop that coin for Vitavons. For Bragging rights and Bling maybe? A hole burning in there pockets....IDK. At nearly 4 times the price, will they last 4 times longer??? Don't think so.
With the way I drive and build my Standard Open diffs, I don't have any issues with them. (on 6s) No complaints.
I will admit the Main and Input gears are more stout with EXB diffs. Perhaps necessary running 8s electrics?
The LSD thing you can keep. I like all my diffs Open.

Edited.

Last edited:
+1
Yeah many do buy them. Wanting the best out there. I get that.
Just in the big picture of things here, Arrma rigs don't come with the best QC and precision overall. I find it hard to justify the many quality upgrades sometimes. Unless clearly That upgrade comes as a "Fix" for an Inherent Arrma design Flaw that poses a contant nuisance issue.....Then you have no choice, IMHO.

You know just going to put this out there Just bash it RC sells new take offs for arrma cars as well and some of the things are better priced then jennys from time to time.
33.99 back flip pairs https://justbashitrc.com/shop/notorious-outcast-6s-dboots-wheels-2-pcs/
Lumidave35 on eBay breaks Arrmas as well. And he breaks things down farther than jennys does as well. Like you can buy just the front cvds without having to buy the 2 center shafts and the rear dogbones, which are worthless to those of use running cvds on all 4 corners.

I have used HSS drill bits for the internal diff pins with great success on stock BLX diffs, all my EXB diffs are open rears and LSD front and centers, and I’ve had no issues with them since new.!!

I did destroy the internal gears on the rear diff on my EXBB Fireteam due to me not shimming correctly as I’d run out of shims 😩 serves me right, I should have done my normal bomb proof method and I didn’t..!!

Also all my diff cases are plastic on nearly all my rigs, just a few of them have alloy center diff cases…

I’m not rich or poor, but there is no way I’m forking out the cash for Vitavon parts again, I believe they are over priced for what they are, I bought the original O8s servo saver from Vitavon and I truly can’t see what all the fuss is about when it comes to quality, they’re nice and all but not worth their price, price is inflated due to bling factor and demand..!!

Lumidave35 on eBay breaks Arrmas as well. And he breaks things down farther than jennys does as well. Like you can buy just the front cvds without having to buy the 2 center shafts and the rear dogbones, which are worthless to those of use running cvds on all 4 corners.
+1
I also used Limadave35 several times before. He is a great alternative. He's been around for a while now.
Jennys tends to $get$ you by having to buy full assemblies most of the time, with extra parts you don't usually end using or needing. Jennys can sell off most of their inventory that way, Getting rid of the parts that hardly break and sell, all as a whole assy.
Sometimes it's actually cheaper to buy the part you really need at Retail by itself.
I think I'd prefer to glue them myself anyways, especially if it saves me money,LOL.
+1
I have never had tire issues when first gluing myself.
With Premounts I've had many gluing issues. Bead separates so often. Poor gluing QC
Many have no idea how to glue tires. Not for everyone. I get that. Premounts are the norm these days much like Prepainted bodies. Back when in RC, tires always were hand glued, and Bodies always came clear only. The RTR thing as of late is geared for the new generation of RC'ers.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back