Fireteam 56 series motor mount for 5687 motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jswanny

Reaction score
I'm planning to upgrade my Fireteam to a max6 with the 5687 motor and I see that I'll need the 56 series sliding mount to get the screw holes 30mm apart, but I'm still worried about whether or not there will be enough space vertically for the motor to fit since it'll be about 1.6cm wider than the stock motor. I've seen in other threads people recommending the PPS mount, but I guess if I can get the current mount to work with the addition of the $20 larger sliding section I'd prefer that since it'd be a bit cheaper. Has anyone else done this?

My factory Limitless mount went in the trash on day one.

Just get the full PPS. It's light years ahead of the factory mount. No more plastic, it's much more stable, fits the larger motors, easy to adjust, virtually indestructible and the support is great.

Just a reminder because, I've been bitten more than once, use some heat (lots of it) before you try to remove the factory screws. Arrma has a threadlock fetish.

EM Performance makes a mount for the 56 series motors too. Only problem I've had with it is you're kinda locked into the 50T spur/spool because the motor is so big it bumps against the cup on the center diff if you try to go smaller. You might be able to go 46T. I tried a 40T and a 44T and they were too small. I wound up going with the 50T and 32T pinion. The site says you can go as high as a 48T pinion. It's got 4 screws on the mount so you don't really need to Loctite once you set the mesh.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/134264237867 (Check the EM Performance website (https://emperformanceproducts.com/product-category/arrma/) since this EBay listing says out of stock. If you send them a message they're pretty good with responding. His name is Rafael. The mount isn't on the site but if you contact him I'm sure he'll take care of you. He's more of a Hobao guy but he makes good stuff for Arrma too).
Here's a pic of mine:

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ec.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ea.jpg

I'm planning to upgrade my Fireteam to a max6 with the 5687 motor and I see that I'll need the 56 series sliding mount to get the screw holes 30mm apart, but I'm still worried about whether or not there will be enough space vertically for the motor to fit since it'll be about 1.6cm wider than the stock motor. I've seen in other threads people recommending the PPS mount, but I guess if I can get the current mount to work with the addition of the $20 larger sliding section I'd prefer that since it'd be a bit cheaper. Has anyone else done this?
I just bought the same motor, you just need the wider bolting pattern on the faceplate on the pps motor mount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back