Felony 68 ss tail pan under construction..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is beautiful! Is it secured to the body or to the chassis?

If you ever decide to release the STL, I’d love to make a print for my Felony!

Thank you, much appreciated! Alot of work into this dang thing.. but completely worth it..?..

It is attached to the body.. it is held on with some 3m double sided tape.. it can also be screwed to the body if the tape doesn't work out, but it is on there really well...?..

Also all the led wiring is stand alone, single cell lipo, all mounted in a old mega esc box under the rear deck lid.. the switch is right at the opening in the body.. but hidden from the outside..?..

20201009_000250.jpg

It looks awesome! Well done!
As for the bezels and SS logo, since it is already black you are half way done to chroming them. Get some Alclad Chrome lacquer and just use a small brush and brush it on carefully around the high edges, and watch it turn into chrome before your eyes.
http://alclad2.com/

As for the bezels and SS logo, since it is already black you are half way done to chroming them. Get some Alclad Chrome lacquer and just use a small brush and brush it on carefully around the high edges, and watch it turn into chrome before your eyes.

I tried several colors without success.. chrome in theory seems nice.. but it doesn't match anything on the body.. it just doesn't really flow.. I'd really like to match the felony and arrma decals which is like a silver.. or offset them with a different black..a very flat black..?.. in time I'll figure something out..?.. but for now I need to move on, or I'll go insane! ??????

This stuff truly is nice though, thanks for sharing a link for all to see..?.. I know they have a black chrome as well.. that was one of my first choices...?..

I tried several colors without success.. chrome in theory seems nice.. but it doesn't match anything on the body.. it just doesn't really flow.. I'd really like to match the felony and arrma decals which is like a silver.. or offset them with a different black..a very flat black..?.. in time I'll figure something out..?.. but for now I need to move on, or I'll go insane! ??????
A dark red would look sinister and go well with the red tail lamps. Really nice work!

Sweeeet! Looks awesome @Camaroboy383, the way it should have come! ?

Completely agree, body is definitely lacking some of the most important characteristics..just glad I can give them back to it..?...I really wish they had made the body wider and did away with the flares in the quarters and fenders.. but it is what it is...?...

I really wish they had made the body wider and did away with the flares in the quarters and fenders.. but it is what it is...?...
Me too bowtie brother. The flares bother me too. Love the 69', had four of them in my family. Our Z was stolen in 72', lost two in 2005, and sold the other like a idiot. Check out the ridiculous price we paid for our Z28 RS, I hate thieves!
20200905_184217.jpg

Me too bowtie brother. The flares bother me too. Love the 69', had four of them in my family. Our Z was stolen in 72', lost two in 2005, and sold the other like a idiot. Check out the ridiculous price we paid for our Z28 RS, I hate thieves!
View attachment 103732

Those were the good ole days right there! When you could get bad azz real steel for the right money! It's amazing how quickly our money turned upside down and wasnt worth a crap... that sucks it was stolen.. the saddest part about it is they most likely destroyed that thing..?..

Those were the good ole days right there! When you could get bad azz real steel for the right money! It's amazing how quickly our money turned upside down and wasnt worth a crap... that sucks it was stolen.. the saddest part about it is they most likely destroyed that thing..?..
We got back from the track Sunday evening kinda late, took it off the trailer, and my brother didn't block it in by other cars, we had a single long driveway and the Z was always kept up front under the awning.

My Mom woke us up Monday morning and asked where the Camaro was ?. Car was found later that evening with engine, trans, tires, and other stuff missing. We probably could have bought it back from the insurance company, but it would have been a big deal putting back together for two young dudes with limited income.

I remember driving that car, so much fun rowing thru the gears, 7k rpms easy, so linear, kept pulling past redline. 302 was awesome small block, Chevrolet rated it at 290 hp ?, had the sticker on the aircleaner. Such good ole days, loved the muscle years, we had many. What kills me is what this car would be worth today with all the documentation and protect o plate.

That is fantastic! Any chance you will share the STL?
Thanks,
Jeff

Thank you, much appreciated sir..?.. I'm actually leaning towards putting a kit together..still have to work out the side skirts and the front air dam...

For those interested in seeing the whole process on the tail pan..?

Thank you, much appreciated sir..?.. I'm actually leaning towards putting a kit together..still have to work out the side skirts and the front air dam...

For those interested in seeing the whole process on the tail pan..?

When you have the skillset and tools.....WOW! Nice my Man...

@Camaroboy383 Awesome work and looks great, but wondered why you didn't go with the 69 rear fascia, could it have something to do with the different lens?

@Camaroboy383 Awesome work and looks great, but wondered why you didn't go with the 69 rear fascia, could it have something to do with the different lens?

So funny story..?.. the only 2 reasons I went with the 68 pan is because of the front grille decal, and no shark gills in the quarters....

Then after all the efforts were put in on cad..(probably 80+ hrs no joke..) i realized i could have easily made the front 69 rs ss grille with the hide away lights that even functioned... and nobody except die hard first gen guys would have noticed the lack of gills...?‍♂️.. ( I still may make that pan and grille)...

the 69 rs ss pan is nicer no doubt.. the lenses wouldn't have been an issue.. but I got caught up in the moment looking at that damn decal..????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back