Infraction Are grps the best or what? Which ones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peejwk

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Yo. So with my infraction body and setup I have right now my top speed is 103. I'm gonna jump up 5 and maybe 10 teeth but also have a more aero car body coming too. So I'm gonna be getting quite a few more mph, my problem is my last run with my hoons which were barely worn blew a chunk off one tire. I've heard of this happening when first getting into speed running and still bought a second set. So now with more speed I want some real quality tires, so what do I get? Just grps like everyone else or is there a better option? Let me know! I don't wanna destroy a 1000$ car because of a tire haha.

I just made my very first speed pass on BSR purples this weekend after many many passes on GRPs and can say the grip wasn’t as drastic of a change as I had imagined after hearing all the horror stories from others saying foams were like driving on ice. Hoons on the other hand are that way for me. They have offered very little grip at speed. Forget braking quickly with Hoons. GRPs and the foams I have limited experience with so far both hold the road really well. In fact, I have been doing a lot of drag racing lately and the foams I’m using launch way harder than the S1 GRPs I had been using.

I am now trying to figure out what to do with 20 sets of GRPs 🤣🤘🏻

I just made my very first speed pass on BSR purples this weekend after many many passes on GRPs and can say the grip wasn’t as drastic of a change as I had imagined after hearing all the horror stories from others saying foams were like driving on ice. Hoons on the other hand are that way for me. They have offered very little grip at speed. Forget braking quickly with Hoons. GRPs and the foams I have limited experience with so far both hold the road really well. In fact, I have been doing a lot of drag racing lately and the foams I’m using launch way harder than the S1 GRPs I had been using.

BURNOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like Hoons but don't use them over 130mph

I will use GRP to 150mph-ish but run them in , reglue and then balance them.

I just had a GRP blow at about 120mph this weekend. I’m starting to be swayed by the foam world.

I haven't ran foams yet, but I've been using GRP's for a while. The GRP's have way more grip than Hoons IMO! I'd like to get a set of the GRP Velocity.

Installed these today and they look 👌

These are the MFT version (belted) and the wheel is harder than hoons...

20210718_164617.jpg

Installed these today and they look 👌

These are the MFT version (belted) and the wheel is harder than hoons...

View attachment 158840
Run them and let me know. How much were they? (Send a link if possible) GRP is definitely way better than Hoons IMO! Foams if you’re going 150mph plus!

I mean, if they are deeply discounted i'll take them off your hands hahahaha

I mean, if they are deeply discounted i'll take them off your hands hahahaha
Make an offer. I will probably be keeping the 1:5 scale as backups for the Mojave. But I have tons of 1:8 scale in various compounds and wheels.

1641798D-2EF8-4C94-9593-CD844A1ED434.jpeg

Yeah they need a break-in first, then at that time only do you balance them. I agree. What I do with all new tires.
Blow outs will cost you. I wrecked so bad from a blow out it went airborne and hit a street curb, Electrics were spared luckily except for my Fans, and it was more practical to buy another Lim roller. ($400) What I did. I did destroy my GPS.
Even cheaper than buying from JennysRC by part by part. Once I added it all up.

Old thread. Still have these and wanna move em?
As others noted they are now in Cali with @Edough13 and if they hadn’t landed there, they would have likely been sent to Canada as I had a backup request for them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back