Are these any good?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko

Reaction score
So I got really lucky and a nice person gave me a Team Associated rc8te kit. I'm pretty new to the hobby but I have my work cut out for me in putting this thing together.

In the box included the electronics. Are these any good? Is this motor 6s capable? Seems like these components are high quality.

20200918_223558.jpg

IMG_20200918_223759.jpg

20200918_223622.jpg

You have some very good quality parts there, made by/for reputable companies.

Must be a pretty good friend!
That's good to know!
Nice!. Why were you given that?

Some guy started small talk as I was bashing with my Kraton at a park. He then mentioned he had this rc someone gave him and it was just too much for him to deal with and saw that I was into it so he asked if I wanted it.

I didn't even know exactly what he was offering but now I see that it was top quality and I really lucked out. What a really nice dude.
They suck and I will buy them from you because I'm a saint. l'll give you $99.99 !?
Does your friend need a new friend by any chance?
? Such a generous offering!
That’s complete junk. Let me take out your trash for you.

???
??
They suck and I will buy them from you because I'm a saint. l'll give you $99.99 !?
Does your friend need a new friend by any chance?
That's the crazy part. We weren't even friends he just offered it to me!
hollyshiz jeez mamba x damn
So this setup is 6s compatible?

Last edited:
Some guy started small talk as I was bashing with my Kraton at a park. He then mentioned he had this rc someone gave him and it was just too much for him to deal with and saw that I was into it so he asked if I wanted it. I didn't even know exactly what he was offering but now I see that it was top quality and I really lucked out. What a really nice dude.

Damn, Just noticed that Hyperion DUO too! You got a nice $1300- $1400 package there with all that!

Geeze I feel like I won the lotto. ?
Now to start building this thing.. Any tips anybody has when just starting out a kit build?

If it were mine, I'd get the diffs and shocks set up and done first. First KIT timers should always follow the directions that come in the kit. Mainly so you learn the parts, how and why they go in each place.

If it were mine, I'd get the diffs and shocks set up and done first. First KIT timers should always follow the directions that come in the kit. Mainly so you learn the parts, how and why they go in each place.
Will do. I'll keep you guys posted.

@Marko I could write about how lucky you are in a paragraph but I’m too tired to do so. Essentially you just opened a barn door and found a brand new 1970 426 hemi V8 on a jackstand in the RC world. That’s really the easiest way to describe it.

@Marko I could write about how lucky you are in a paragraph but I’m too tired to do so. Essentially you just opened a barn door and found a brand new 1970 426 hemi V8 on a jackstand in the RC world. That’s really the easiest way to describe it.
I'm coming to realize this with all the input. I promise I'll make the best of my good fortune. Working on this kit is already helping me to understand the parts that go into these things. It's awesome.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back