Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have some space on the chassis, dual lock works a treat for a GPS with or without a retention box. That's how I have mine mounted in my Infraction (Yes, a GT sized chassis does have some definite advantages when it comes to real estate).
I think now that I'm on a kraton chassis I've got some room behind the battery box. I've read that it's not recommended around/next to the motor or esc? Just not much room under the typhon

I think now that I'm on a kraton chassis I've got some room behind the battery box. I've read that it's not recommended around/next to the motor or esc?
Mine is snuggled up right next to the ESC and it works just fine (She's a bit dusty though from the last outing).
1656720646063.jpeg

That was his last book I liked and the tv move pennywise the clown was one of my favorites. Tim Curry was amazing.
U see the new it movies? I liked them more than I thought that I would. Thought they took me back to the book more so than I thought they would
Mine is snuggled up right next to the ESC and it works just fine (She's a bit dusty though from the last outing).
View attachment 227064
You drill holes in the chassis or drop it right in?

U see the new it movies? I liked them more than I thought that I would. Thought they took me back to the book more so than I thought they would

You drill holes in the chassis or drop it right in?
I saw the first one with a girl I was dating 20 years younger than me. It was a nine month long relationship much like Heaven and Hell wrapped up in one. I just don’t want to see the second one ever, even though the first one was pretty damn good. I’m emotional like that 🫤

I saw the first one with a girl I was dating 20 years younger than me. It was a nine month long relationship much like Heaven and Hell wrapped up in one. I just don’t want to see the second one ever, even though the first one was pretty damn good. I’m emotional like that 🫤
They're fun...for a little while. But then...
south park succubus GIF

They're fun...for a little while. But then...
south park succubus GIF
Yeah…something like that.
I would absolutely love to achieve the mind bending #'s all of you guys have put up, but being a complete novice in all aspects of this realm I'm kinda wondering if a car I set up for 6s can easily be switched down to 3s? I've pieced together a stretched typhon that I want to go faster, have been getting it driving straight w/o a gyro. Just curious, not all about to join in this fracas!
So you’re joining in right?

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to achieve the mind bending #'s all of you guys have put up, but being a complete novice in all aspects of this realm I'm kinda wondering if a car I set up for 6s can easily be switched down to 3s? I've pieced together a stretched typhon that I want to go faster, have been getting it driving straight w/o a gyro. Just curious, not all about to join in this fracas!

If the ESC is capable of high amps (Castle) then yes, absolutely.
Let us know if you need help with setup/gearing. We are here to help!

If the ESC is capable of high amps (Castle) then yes, absolutely.
Let us know if you need help with setup/gearing. We are here to help!
Thank you, I'm on a max6 4985 1650kv that I originally got to shred tires on pavement, but want to see what "it'll do". Got a 40t spur that I need to put on, then start gearing up. Not really sure where to start. Already had a 23t w/ the stocker 50t, but have 26 through 30

Thank you, I'm on a max6 4985 1650kv that I originally got to shred tires on pavement, but want to see what "it'll do". Got a 40t spur that I need to put on, then start gearing up. Not really sure where to start. Already had a 23t w/ the stocker 50t, but have 26 through 30
You must use a rc gear calculator,not only does it help you learn what diffrences will happen when changing =volts,tire size,gears,kv,diff ratios..it's a must an I pull mine up at least 10 times every day....if you have a android phone this app is free an the one I use....sure Apple phones have rc gear apps available also

Screenshot_20220627-123410.jpg

You must use a rc gear calculator,not only does it help you learn what diffrences will happen when changing =volts,tire size,gears,kv,diff ratios..it's a must an I pull mine up at least 10 times every day....if you have a android phone this app is free an the one I use....sure Apple phones have rc gear apps available also

View attachment 227145
Oh snit, that would make it way easier 😆

Oh snit, that would make it way easier 😆
Arrma also has 4 different diffs.2.8 , 3.0, 3.3,4.3
2.8 is the fastest ratio....it's the infraction 15/42 ring an pinion making it the best for lower voltage speedrunning. There about a 30mph diffrence on most setups between these diffs an the stock 3.3 typhon diffs..you'll see from calculator that a 3.3 diff an 1650kv will need some super high gearing for 3s...I'm running 52p an 25s with 1460kv motor on 3s an hit 104 with it yesterday

20220630_163617.jpg

View attachment 227145
How do you calculate battery voltage?

Arrma also has 4 different diffs.2.8 , 3.0, 3.3,4.3
2.8 is the fastest ratio....it's the infraction 15/42 ring an pinion making it the best for lower voltage speedrunning. There about a 30mph diffrence on most setups between these diffs an the stock 3.3 typhon diffs..you'll see from calculator that a 3.3 diff an 1650kv will need some super high gearing for 3s...I'm running 52p an 25s with 1460kv motor on 3s an hit 104 with it yesterday

View attachment 227147
Holy shnikies, didn't realize that was physically possible 🤯
& thanks a ton for giving me some much needed knowledge 🤜

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back