Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI to all, I am heading out of state for my cousins wedding. I will be online considerably less over the next 6 days for updating this 3s challenge list, but should be able to get online in the evenings.
My 10 yr old son and I are going to enjoy some nice cool days in San Francisco! It is supposed to be a high temp of 61 F. tomorrow there, and I cannot wait to be away from this Texas heat!

Hey buddy,
You and your boy have a Safe flight and Wonderful trip out there.
Best wishes to your cousin's wedding!

See y'all when you get back.

FYI to all, I am heading out of state for my cousins wedding. I will be online considerably less over the next 6 days for updating this 3s challenge list, but should be able to get online in the evenings.
My 10 yr old son and I are going to enjoy some nice cool days in San Francisco! It is supposed to be a high temp of 61 F. there tomorrow, and I cannot wait to be away from this Texas heat!
Keep your eyes peeled, your head on a swivel and don't step in any :poop: !!! (y)
Hope you have a great time bro, I used to live in Walnut Creek, about a half hour outside of SF when I was a younger :)

My 10 yr old son and I are going to enjoy some nice cool days in San Francisco! It is supposed to be a high temp of 61 F. there tomorrow, and I cannot wait to be away from this Texas heat!
There are two very old axioms about SF:
1. “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”
2. It’s literally impossible to eat bad food anywhere in The City.
Both are true. Don’t swim.
Enjoy your trip!
Keep your eyes peeled, your head on a swivel and don't step in any :poop: !!! (y)
Hope you have a great time bro, I used to live in Walnut Creek, about a half hour outside of SF when I was a younger :)
Yes, poop is a very well documented problem there.

So here's the log from the last run. Voltage indeed only recovered to 10.7-10.8V with occasional blips to 11V once I hit WOT. Full throttle was held for a good 3.5 seconds, interestingly power draw was "only" 440A. I say only because last time with two teeth more on the spool it pulled 447A (I think I yanked the trigger a bit faster at the end of the pull so, take that for whatever it may be). I need to work on the last 5% of the trigger pull, bit of a jolt there (to be fair, I did back off for a split second as the car pulled a bit to the left just as it was about to pass me). So the weather is looking good, clear skies @66°F. Went up a tooth on the spool and plan on hitting my spot in 60-90mins for a last attempt at a new dual parallel PB. I'm hoping to break the 200km/h barrier so...here goes nothing.
1656551025186.png

So here's the log from the last run. Voltage indeed only recovered to 10.7-10.8V with occasional blips to 11V once I hit WOT. Full throttle was held for a good 3.5 seconds, interestingly power draw was "only" 440A. I say only because last time with two teeth more on the spool it pulled 447A (I think I yanked the trigger a bit faster at the end of the pull so, take that for whatever it may be). I need to work on the last 5% of the trigger pull, bit of a jolt there (to be fair, I did back off for a split second as the car pulled a bit to the left just as it was about to pass me). So the weather is looking good, clear skies @66°F. Went up a tooth on the spool and plan on hitting my spot in 60-90mins for a last attempt at a new dual parallel PB. I'm hoping to break the 200km/h barrier so...here goes nothing.
View attachment 226635
Good luck and Godspeed!

View attachment 226635
Ever considered perfect pass or a noble nb4 with ch delay?

I do wonder, when do you sleep? You don't seem to conform to EU time

Nope. Not even once. I'm in agreement with Jason Flores on this topic. No electronic assistants. No PerfectPass, no gyros. I did buy a Futaba GYC-441 at some point, but I never installed it in my car. I want to be responsible for every aspect of driving my car. Full stop. This is my personal choice, I don't poopoo others who use them. It's my personal ambition to do my speed running 100% raw and with no assistants.

And the NB4...I've watched too many videos with people who use them and that thing says "signal lost" too often for me to feel comfortable with it. I like the way my 4PX and 7PXR feel in my hand. And it's not that I didn't try others. I have an Absima CR6P (exact same thing as the Flysky FS-GT5 in carbon fiber look) and the Radiolink RC6GS and those just don't even come close. Again, in my opinion.

As for sleep...I sleep at the end of the month. Whether I need it or not 🤪

Nothing positive to report about last night. Only managed a 119 and I tore out one of my headlights on the right side with my wheel that I need to fix. I also have a hypothesis I want to test on my next outing pertaining to gearing. So...one more dual parallel run to go. It's looking like rain tonight so that will go down this weekend.

Last edited:
Nope. Not even once. I'm in agreement with Jason Flores on this topic. No electronic assistants. No PerfectPass, no gyros. I did buy a Futaba GYC-441 at some point, but I never installed it in my car. I want to be responsible for every aspect of driving my car. Full stop. This is my personal choice, I don't poopoo others who use them. It's my personal ambition to do my speed running 100% raw and with no assistants.

And the NB4...I've watched too many videos with people who use them and that thing says "signal lost" too often for me to feel comfortable with it. I like the way my 4PX and 7PXR feel in my hand. And it's not that I didn't try others. I have an Absima CR6P (exact same thing as the Flysky FS-GT5 in carbon fiber look) and the Radiolink RC6GS and those just don't even come close. Again, in my opinion.

Nothing positive to report about last night. Only managed a 119 and I tore out one of my headlights on the right side with my wheel that I need to fix. I also have a hypothesis I want to test on my next outing pertaining to gearing. So...one more dual parallel run to go. It's looking like rain tonight so that will go down this weekend.
If no assistance is your choice, i can live with that. Even with it's still requires skill, but does really help with consistancy.
NB4 reference was only due to the perfect pass-a-like feature. Not trying to convince you to switch. You can't compare it too the GT5 though, as that's a model of RTR rebranding and works on the older protocol. It's low latency responsiveness also helps with throttle smoothness. Some modding is required to prevent the early notice "signal lost" warnings.

It's the end of the month now, then why are you awake :)

It's hard running at night with only 1 headlight ;)

I have my new XLX2 installed in the VTE2, but seems like my servo died too. Looking for my options at hand.
Limitless has had a double check on everything, when i swapped the chassis for CF i should not have overlooked the rest. It's now ready to receive the new delta plastic body that just arrived. (Think this will be my new favourite, a giant pancar with verts) Still working on the paint and how i can
improve the lights as well... to be continued...

If no assistance is your choice, i can live with that. Even with it's still requires skill, but does really help with consistancy.
NB4 reference was only due to the perfect pass-a-like feature. Not trying to convince you to switch. You can't compare it too the GT5 though, as that's a model of RTR rebranding and works on the older protocol. It's low latency responsiveness also helps with throttle smoothness. Some modding is required to prevent the early notice "signal lost" warnings.

It's the end of the month now, then why are you awake :)

It's hard running at night with only 1 headlight ;)

I have my new XLX2 installed in the VTE2, but seems like my servo died too. Looking for my options at hand.
Limitless has had a double check on everything, when i swapped the chassis for CF i should not have overlooked the rest. It's now ready to receive the new delta plastic body that just arrived. (Think this will be my new favourite, a giant pancar with verts) Still working on the paint and how i can
improve the lights as well... to be continued...
Yeah, I feel ya.

Who says I'm awake? :LOL:

Try telling that to a motorcyclist ;) I still have some of the same lights in my Seven65 body that I'll probably cannibalize.

That's a bummer, I'm sure you'll get it worked out though. Yeah, the Dome body looks pretty interesting. I'll be using the FC100 until it's burger.

Try telling that to a motorcyclist ;) I still have some of the same lights in my Seven65 body that I'll probably cannibalize.

That's a bummer, I'm sure you'll get it worked out though. Yeah, the Dome body looks pretty interesting. I'll be using the FC100 until it's burger.
Dunno, but my motorcycle has 2:
1656591532003.png

I don't integrate the lights in the body but in the car. Still have a pristine seven65 body which i might put on the VTE2. I really like the body but it's not the best for speedrunning. I skipped buying a FC100 and went straight for the Dome, i hope its the right choice. 2mm version feels rock solid, i don't think i will reinforce it

I was just wondering the same thing last night…

Dunno, but my motorcycle has 2:
View attachment 226720

I don't integrate the lights in the body but in the car. Still have a pristine seven65 body which i might put on the VTE2. I really like the body but it's not the best for speedrunning. I skipped buying a FC100 and went straight for the Dome, i hope its the right choice. 2mm version feels rock solid, i don't think i will reinforce it
Well aren't you just Mr. Fancypants :LOL:

Yeah, I put the lights in the body of my Seven65, but it's just a PITA. With the FC100 I mounted them on the foam bumper...though after last night it would appear my design needs a little tweaking. It's really just jerry rigged onto there.

Same, I feel gyro or pp takes alot of the challenge out of it......trigger pull is very important to good #'s..with pp I'd be in the 120s....low volts makes trigger pull much harder than 6s++.

Tested 3800kv out in 1/10 noto with xlx.1/10 3s pb...can't kill this xlx...Hella ripple an high temps....IS THERE A 1/10 3S WORLD RECORD OUT THERE??with a single 70c pack

20220630_192549.jpg

20220630_201136.jpg

20220630_192536.jpg

Screenshot_20220630-192300_GNSS PA.jpg

I think I would be game for a 4s challenge next, although I wonder how long this 3s Challenge will run (the point where we max out our setups or kill the LiPos like I did on my 2s runs)

Looking back seeing myself run 119 mph on 8s I almost 2 years ago, now makes me laugh. I really wish more people would start with 3s. It is an ideal power level to learn on!!!!!

I'd absolutely have to travel to some better roads or do night runs like @Diem Turner (for me it would be out on a state highway). I feel concerned about pedestrians where I run currently. The only saving grace is that no one wants to go out when its 100 F. outside.
I would absolutely love to achieve the mind bending #'s all of you guys have put up, but being a complete novice in all aspects of this realm I'm kinda wondering if a car I set up for 6s can easily be switched down to 3s? I've pieced together a stretched typhon that I want to go faster, have been getting it driving straight w/o a gyro. Just curious, not all about to join in this fracas!

I would absolutely love to achieve the mind bending #'s all of you guys have put up, but being a complete novice in all aspects of this realm I'm kinda wondering if a car I set up for 6s can easily be switched down to 3s? I've pieced together a stretched typhon that I want to go faster, have been getting it driving straight w/o a gyro. Just curious, not all about to join in this fracas!
You had better join this fracas lol. I was running my Infraction on 6S before this challenge got started so I see no reason why you couldn't do the same with a Typhon.

On a serious note, before I worked in IT/software I used to work on homes and these "Little Giant" ladders are really great.
They fold down very small but when extended still are extremely stable. My favorite thing is how they can be adjusted for unlevel ground which is ideal for an RC use case off the side of the road.

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant...ocphy=9026831&hvtargid=pla-277859144772&psc=1
I use one every day work, there's smaller/lighter & taller/heavier ones too
You had better join this fracas lol. I was running my Infraction on 6S before this challenge got started so I see no reason why you couldn't do the same with a Typhon.
Gauntlet thrown down?😆

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back