Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not always a waste of time to walk down the road you wanna run on...this being an excellent case in point. Glad to hear there was no major damage. Good thing you made that splitter! (y)
Yeah, I learned that real good yesterday. Man my heart sunk when I heard the ka-thunk saw it flip and then lay there motionless. I was so relieved to find it was just an unplugged battery.

Yeah, I learned that real good yesterday. Man my heart sunk when I heard the ka-thunk saw it flip and then lay there motionless. I was so relieved to find it was just an unplugged battery.
I can only imagine. Fortunately it's usually just something as simple as a battery getting unplugged when they get K.I.A.

Before when i didn't have a big tray of grubscrews and red locktite, my number one fail reason would be a pinion or cup that came lose. Not causing flips but no/bad braking...

The CC 1721 arrived today. It weighs a lot more than i expected (compared to a TP 4070 for example)

Before when i didn't have a big tray of grubscrews and red locktite, my number one fail reason would be a pinion or cup that came lose. Not causing flips but no/bad braking...

The CC 1721 arrived today. It weighs a lot more than i expected (compared to a TP 4070 for example)
It's about 100g heavier than a 4080.

I can only imagine. Fortunately it's usually just something as simple as a battery getting unplugged when they get K.I.A.
Yeah, I’m just feeling frustrated. I’m not picking this up like I did RC cars in general and dirt bashing. I knew I was never going to hit triple digits… but I was hoping to at least get closer to them by now.

We’re headed out this Thursday to Washington state so I’m going to take a break for a while. We have had a lot of stress over the last few weeks since my step daughter went to visit her father. He’s pulling much of the same poop he did in the past and we’re rattled by it more then we realize. Hopefully we can clear our heads some and pick back up once we return. I’ll put together the spool that K-bash sent me, get those bigger pinions and hopefully hit the mid to upper 80s🤞

Yeah, I’m just feeling frustrated. I’m not picking this up like I did RC cars in general and dirt bashing. I knew I was never going to hit triple digits… but I was hoping to at least get closer to them by now.

We’re headed out this Thursday to Washington state so I’m going to take a break for a while. We have had a lot of stress over the last few weeks since my step daughter went to visit her father. He’s pulling much of the same poop he did in the past and we’re rattled by it more then we realize. Hopefully we can clear our heads some and pick back up once we return. I’ll put together the spool that K-bash sent me, get those bigger pinions and hopefully hit the mid to upper 80s🤞
I feel ya. Nah man, first get family bidniz sorted out so that you're at peace and have a clear head & mindspace. Godspeed brother, I hope it gets settled in short order. If all else fails send Igor & Oleg ;)

I feel ya. Nah man, first get family bidniz sorted out so that you're at peace and have a clear head & mindspace. Godspeed brother, I hope it gets settled in short order. If all else fails send Igor & Oleg ;)
Thanks brother, much appreciated 😊

So question for everyone?
What have you found online for 3s speed records for 1/8 and 1/7?

I believe @Diem Turner might currently hold the world record for a 1/7 scale on 3s!!!!?

For 1/8 Slow mike has a VTE 1/8 scale buggy that went 141 mph on 3s.
And he would not have that record if it was not for you and the others starting this challenge. Good job @Diem Turner

The size of these 6000mah 70c is crazy....takes up my whole car😆😅🤣😂 good for 1/7th..not good for small 1/8....LCG packs🤷‍♂️
5200 90c=444grams
5000mah 70c 433g
6000mah 70c 540g

20220705_153023.jpg

20220705_153050.jpg

20220705_152847.jpg

Just got wheels on,came today..since 3s challenge cars probly got 40 3s pulls on it...lol..body starting to look a little ruff

View attachment 227958
Those wheels look brand new and very sharp though! 😉
When we get back from Washington I’ll be asking you how I should set up battery connections on the ESC (I can solder good at least). I run EC5 on everything so am hoping that’ll work. I won’t be running anything higher than 4s on it.

Most likely I will put it into a basher, attached to a surpass 4068 motor with 6mm bullets, since that’s what the ESC looks like it’s set up for anyway. I think. The limits of my limited knowledge are being pushed here 🤪 again, thanks for helping me out with all this man. I really appreciate it!

I’m thinking about joining you guys but am new to speed running. It would be a spare parts build based on a Typhon 3S, Typhon 6S, or 1/8 Associated buggy.

Quick question - what are the chances this 2850kv motor will kill my MMX if pushed hard on 3S? I know there’s always risk but am still curious to hear from people smarter than me.

1657058707274.png

I’m thinking about joining you guys but am new to speed running. It would be a spare parts build based on a Typhon 3S, Typhon 6S, or 1/8 Associated buggy.

Quick question - what are the chances this 2850kv motor will kill my MMX if pushed hard on 3S? I know there’s always risk but am still curious to hear from people smarter than me.

View attachment 227976
The MMX is only 120A capable if i am not mistaken. 3S will push the amps up some for sure and amps(or temperature) will be the bottleneck
But I don't think you can gear a 1600W 3670 hard enough to actually kill a MMX.
Keep the car lightweight and start your gearing conservatively. Keep an eye on the temperatures and logs whiles you gear up.

View attachment 227976
I'm getting ready to build 3rd mini-typhon.got a mmx6s I'm gonna put in it....gonna run a high kv tp.....it'll handle it just fine..pulled 211amps with old mmx6s many times.just watch esc temps,get a better fan cause my old 1 ran hot quik

I'm getting ready to build 3rd mini-typhon.got a mmx6s I'm gonna put in it....gonna run a high kv tp.....it'll handle it just fine..pulled 211amps with old mmx6s many times.just watch esc temps,get a better fan cause my old 1 ran hot quik
I realize that this is the 3s forum, but I'm trying to get my 6s Typhon set up 1st & then see what my 3s batteries will do. Still really new to the on road/speed running aspect & these speed calculators. Does it look like I'm doing this right? Am I inputting the correct figures? 1650kv w/ stock Typhon diffs, 40t spur & 30t pinion on 100mm Grippers. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction 👍

Screenshot_20220705-175604.jpg

I realize that this is the 3s forum, but I'm trying to get my 6s Typhon set up 1st & then see what my 3s batteries will do. Still really new to the on road/speed running aspect & these speed calculators. Does it look like I'm doing this right? Am I inputting the correct figures? 1650kv w/ stock Typhon diffs, 40t spur & 30t pinion on 100mm Grippers. Thanks for nudging me in the right direction 👍

View attachment 228040
Good stuff, welcome to the party :) What you'll want to do is set the motor KV to 1320 (80%) for speed calculations more in line with reality. The KV of any given motor is always given with no load which you'll obviously never encounter when driving a vehicle. 80% won't be exact, but will get you in the ballpark. Other than that, looks solid (y)

View attachment 228040
Perfect,this should be a very accurate speed

Good stuff, welcome to the party :) What you'll want to do is set the motor KV to 1320 (80%) for speed calculations more in line with reality. The KV of any given motor is always given with no load which you'll obviously never encounter when driving a vehicle. 80% won't be exact, but will get you in the ballpark. Other than that, looks solid (y)
Ok, I'll make that change. Took frank out for the 1st time w/ it stretched & lowered this morning. We have a pretty good/smooth 2 lane highway in front of our shop. There is a bridge @ one end that I've already crashed into a while back & it has those mini rumble strips in the middle but the surface is pretty good other than the occasional piece of gravel. I think I need to dial in the ride height some more because it was scraping on every little pebble. We are right next to a reservoir tho & sometimes picking up satellite reception is iffy- as was the case this morning 🙁 Ran it back & forth about a dozen times- had a blast!! Tracking straight w/o a gyro. Wot for about 5 seconds, I would guess 70 something? Looked fast- faster than I'd gone before that's for sure! Anyways, thanks to all of you experienced speed demons out there for helping a slow poke out!!😁👍👍🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back