Limitless Arrma Forum 3s speed run challenge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I'll make that change. Took frank out for the 1st time w/ it stretched & lowered this morning. We have a pretty good/smooth 2 lane highway in front of our shop. There is a bridge @ one end that I've already crashed into a while back & it has those mini rumble strips in the middle but the surface is pretty good other than the occasional piece of gravel. I think I need to dial in the ride height some more because it was scraping on every little pebble. We are right next to a reservoir tho & sometimes picking up satellite reception is iffy- as was the case this morning 🙁 Ran it back & forth about a dozen times- had a blast!! Tracking straight w/o a gyro. Wot for about 5 seconds, I would guess 70 something? Looked fast- faster than I'd gone before that's for sure! Anyways, thanks to all of you experienced speed demons out there for helping a slow poke out!!😁👍👍🤘
Stretched typhon will be on upto 115-120ish..then you need better center shafts...pinnnocio spool setup or you'll start have the longer shaft bending an tearing $hit up

Stretched typhon will be on upto 115-120ish..then you need better center shafts...pinnnocio spool setup or you'll start have the longer shaft bending an tearing $hit up
Probably gonna be taking baby steps for a bit. Already noticed th outdrive cups (I think that's what they're called?) on both f/r diffs wobble so I've ordered new m2cs to replace both, as well as both of the cups on each side of both diffs. Drive shafts & axles will probably have to wait until budget allows 😉

Probably gonna be taking baby steps for a bit. Already noticed th outdrive cups (I think that's what they're called?) on both f/r diffs wobble so I've ordered new m2cs to replace both, as well as both of the cups on each side of both diffs. Drive shafts & axles will probably have to wait until budget allows 😉
Yes,stock ones are junk..haven't tried m2c...I've been using these tekno one for a whole..love um..2.5mm grub...spin soooo strait

20220705_192619.jpg

20220705_192554.jpg

2nd test with new setup in 1/10 noto in subdivision...swapped xlx for mmx8s.alot smoother,runs cooler,an fits better,less weight..95,96mph back to back passes on 3s single 90c..97 degrees out,just getting a feel for mmx8s an tp4050cm 3800kv..checking temps.still lightly geared at 27/36....what a fun,light little rocket...gonna run vendetta at dark with new packs
20220705_193255.jpg

Last edited:
If it wobbles on both sides the outdrive cups might not be the culprit. It could be the diff cover that isn't snugging down on the diff bearings sufficiently. I've had to address this issue as well. It was an easy fix though in my case by just adding a sliver or two of duct tape to the bits that press down on the bearings (I hope this makes sense). To better illustrate, the inner curved surface circled here.
1657067792143.png

4+ seconds wot,nice plateau on the rpms,gearing up......just will now gear 1 to 1 on setup..lol..try for a 120 tomorrow
Man you just keep getting faster. I hit my pb with 3s today in my stretched typhon @ 92mph. You guys are in another league but it's inspiring and entertaining as hell. Congrats on the PB
My 3s pb a month ago was 84mph...lol

4+ seconds wot,nice plateau on the rpms,gearing up......just will now gear 1 to 1 on setup..lol..try for a 120 tomorrow

My 3s pb a month ago was 84mph...lol
Good luck and Godspeed brother 💪
I'm going out for another pass tonight as well. Trying for 124mph.

124 mph today on 3s.
Had a nice front flip when it hit the concrete transition from the new road to the old road. I am going to have to adjust my travel limiters evidently.

Part 1 (go pro shut off on me)

Part 2 battery verification after gopro shut off

Testing in subdivision an POW..time for a rebuild..just told the wife last night(SURPRISED I HAVEN'T CRASHED IT YET) my driving skills must be improving,usely total um out within a month...😆😅🤣😂guess I'll focus on gt build I've been working on till parts get ordered and show up

20220706_170728.jpg

20220706_170747.jpg

20220706_170813.jpg

Well…I’m happier! This is much closer to our original Lantern Rouge goal of 80mph 😊
On a side note, dang it… I totally forgot that the Tour de France started three days ago. Good grief. I’ve only been watching it 31 years. Think I’d remember 😂

View attachment 227842
Dang it… I just realized that the spectrum 130 amp ESC that I put in the mini infraction came from one of my bashers. I had turned the timing way way down to help with heat. So when we get back from Washington I am going to turn it way way way back up. That may be good for a few more miles, getting us closer to 80. I think. I hope.

Then I will put together the 38t spool that K-bash sent me and install a 28t or 29t pinion, which should arrive while we’re gone (I just ordered the set of five that K-bash recommended 😊). I’m also going to tighten up the steering by putting in some team associated metal balls and go over everything. Try to help it be ‘not be so squirrelly’. I’ll hook it up to a Dumbo as well. That’s gotta be better than a DX3. Until I can get something better at least.

Man I appreciate all of your guys‘ help and allowing me to tagalong in this challenge, but to K-bash, I raise my glass to you buddy. I am definitely a fish out of water here and you have gone above and beyond helping me out. Thank you very much my friend, I truly appreciate everything you’ve done for me!

Dang it… I just realized that the spectrum 130 amp ESC that I put in the mini infraction came from one of my bashers. I had turned the timing way way down to help with heat. So when we get back from Washington I am going to turn it way way way back up. That may be good for a few more miles, getting us closer to 80. I think. I hope.

Then I will put together the 38t spool that K-bash sent me and install a 28t or 29t pinion, which should arrive while we’re gone (I just ordered the set of five that K-bash recommended 😊). I’m also going to tighten up the steering by putting in some team associated metal balls and go over everything. Try to help it be ‘not be so squirrelly’. I’ll hook it up to a Dumbo as well. That’s gotta be better than a DX3. Until I can get something better at least.

Man I appreciate all of your guys‘ help and allowing me to tagalong in this challenge, but to K-bash, I raise my glass to you buddy. I am definitely a fish out of water here and you have gone above and beyond helping me out. Thank you very much my friend, I truly appreciate everything you’ve done for me!
Sounds like a plan!! And, FWIW, we're not allowing you to tag along...we want you to be here. Well, I don't wanna speak for everyone (but I'll go out on a limb and say that I probably do)...but I know that I do :)

Sounds like a plan!! And, FWIW, we're not allowing you to tag along...we want you to be here. Well, I don't wanna speak for everyone (but I'll go out on a limb and say that I probably do)...but I know that I do :)
Kinda feels like I’m back on my old mountain bike team in San Jose, CA. Team Wrong Way. Long as I didn’t take anyone else down on my way down all was good 🙃
Thanks buddy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back