Vendetta Arrma Vendetta 4x4 3s BLX (a beginners speed car?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as we know how unreliable the Mega platform can be, Arrma is selling lots of brushed 4X4 off-road RC. With the obvious push they are making for their All-Road platform, I think it was important to offer an affordable car in the line-up.

Experienced speed runners are not the intended market. I ma pretty sure they are rather targeting kids that don't have the money for a 6S or that are too young/unexperienced to drive them safely.
That's really the market here. People that are really into the hobby are already on 6-8s anyway for speed running. The brushed Infraction is a little weird, but makes sense at the same time. People at a hobby shop are looking at the really cool 6s Infraction on the top shelf for ~$700 and dad is definitely not paying that much. But here in the bottom shelf is one that looks the same and is less than half the price. Maybe with the larger brushed motor they also upgraded other things, which may lead to better reliability of the Mega line as a whole. I am intrigued by the Vendetta.

Not trying to keep arguing guys but I really truly feel these new rigs where a horrible business decision for the Arrma brand. For brand new beginners especially, this is just going to push people away and give Arrma a bad name. I'd almost bet my Limitless and say the problems and burnt motors and ESC's are going to be common with both these new rigs especially the brushed Infraction drift car. My son's brushed WLtoys 144001 motor didn't last long with light offroad bashing. How many times have we all seen posts about peoples off road brushed Granites or sentons etc having burnt motors or bad ESC's after 10 mins of use. I remember seeing someone post they've replaced the brushed 12t motor 6 times cause literally every single time it was used it burnt up. As I said I really feel this is going to give people more problems than reward. If they wanted a good small scale speed run car why not have made it with the 2400kv motor, 130A esc and made a new steel 50t spur that can be locked that's 4s capable. 3900kv motor should be in a small 1/10 or 1/12 not a 1/8. All I'm saying is these are both guaranteed to disappoint a lot of people brand new to the hobby which is the target market.

Idk, I think it's pretty cool. The Vendetta will make a good speedrunning car for beginners. Lots of parts compatible with the rest of the 3s cars, so we can convert them, and build frankinstine rigs.

The slipper clutch is actually a mix between the BLX slipper and the MEGA slipper. The MEGA tightening system works better, and people have had more problems with the BLX slipper. If you look at the pictures, the inside of the slipper is the same as the BLX, but the outside is the same as the MEGA. They are combining the two. You only need 1 slipper pad, small tires, not a lot of force on them.

The motor should be fine if you slap a rocker fan on there. I think most people wrecking their motors is due to dust and sand getting inside the power modual and roasting the bearings. I haven't heard of people actually burning up the 3s motors. (Except when run on 6s, which still isn't THAT often) Maybe cut some holes in the body for extra airflow.

The reason I think Arrma is releasing a lot of smaller cars, is to get newbies hooked. Like Traxxas is doing. Lots of people are loyal to the brand they start out with, so if Arrma makes a lot of beginner apealing cars, and people buy them as they're first car, they will sell the bigger cars too, once they get hooked. I don't know i'm making sense, but...:unsure:

Maybe I don't know what i'm talking about...
It's really not that hard to build a Kraton 4s or Outcast 4s. Just buy a used Granite or Bigrock, buy the parts.
100% agree I don't understand why everyone is so pressed about something that someone new to the hobby could really enjoy, not everyone wants to do 500 mph.

You think that new slipper will fit in the older 3s rigs...and hold up? Asking for a friend who JUST replaced his and is having problems with it. :)
I'm also wondering if that smaller infraction body would fit on the BRCC...
The motor mount and spur gear housings are different part numbers.

Vendetta Motor Mount. You can see if has a little cutout on the right side of the motor mount. Not sure what it's for.
RUUB9T8YARQB2RHC2VQ4EDCHHBVYFFPJK6NJFAPC4JWNPEEQCC.jpg

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount
FHCNC86Z8GHE2TKPHVGMMK8BJ3QWDV6EB9RCWCYQ6R36GREVBU.jpg

They look to be exactly the same, besides the little cutout. Which would mean both slipper clutches should fit in both housings.

The Vendetta motor mount and housing says it's compatible with the Bigrock V3. But the Bigrock V3 motor mount and housing says it isn't compatible with the Vendetta. I don't know if it won't work, or if they just haven't updated it yet.

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311032

Vendetta/Infraction Motor Mount:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311106

Bigrock V3 Slipper Clutch:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311034

Vendetta Slipper Clutch:
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311110

I also noticed, there are 4 versions of each car. 2 of each color.

#ARA4319V3BT1
#ARA4319V3T1

#ARA4319V3BT2
#ARA4319V3T2

What does the "B" mean? Is for the different differential seals, so they can sell them in the Netherlands or whatever? I saw a thread a while back, they did the same thing with the bigrock.
Screenshot 2021-10-21 8.42.01 AM.png

1634830999091.png

Why is there a brushed motor picture on the vendetta photo gallery ? :unsure:
View attachment 175408
And a nimh pack
View attachment 175412
Maybe they're just saying it's compatible.:unsure:

Man I guess me and @phildogg will be the only ones super happy about this platform 🤘🏻🤣
Me too and a bunch of other guys on Facebook. One guy started a dedicated page to the 3s platform and tons of useful stuff being shared there, especially for speed running.

You think that new slipper will fit in the older 3s rigs...and hold up? Asking for a friend who JUST replaced his and is having problems with it. :)
I'm also wondering if that smaller infraction body would fit on the BRCC...
I'm pretty sure that the motor mounts and motor module are interchangeable between the Mega and brushless line. Only one way to find out. A shopping I will go.

Vendetta Motor Mount. You can see if has a little cutout on the right side of the motor mount. Not sure what it's for.

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount

They look to be exactly the same, besides the little cutout. Which would mean both slipper clutches should fit in both housings.

The Vendetta motor mount and housing says it's compatible with the Bigrock V3. But the Bigrock V3 motor mount and housing says it isn't compatible with the Vendetta. I don't know if it won't work, or if they just haven't updated it yet.

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount:

Vendetta Slipper Clutch:
I think it is because it is using the updated thicker motor mount and the slot is for a a hex to get the grub screw out of the pinion.

I started with a mega granite, enjoyed the hell out of building it up and it’s my favorite car to drive now out of 4. I still only like the 1/8-1/10 size line so welcome the mega infraction.

My kid wants to get a ‘skid’ car anyway (drift/road car 🤣). When we decide to upgrade we’ve tons of parts; vorteks motor, spur case, spur, 120amp esc, servo and etc, $320…pricey for a mega, but it is also the budget max now so it works. I’ll get that teal kinda colored one if I can figure out where to pre-order it.

Boy my step daughter will love this!! We got the perfect large smooth concrete areas to run it at the park. In mega form on 2s it’ll be perfect for her to start out on 😊

Not trying to keep arguing guys but I really truly feel these new rigs where a horrible business decision for the Arrma brand. For brand new beginners especially, this is just going to push people away and give Arrma a bad name. I'd almost bet my Limitless and say the problems and burnt motors and ESC's are going to be common with both these new rigs especially the brushed Infraction drift car. My son's brushed WLtoys 144001 motor didn't last long with light offroad bashing. How many times have we all seen posts about peoples off road brushed Granites or sentons etc having burnt motors or bad ESC's after 10 mins of use. I remember seeing someone post they've replaced the brushed 12t motor 6 times cause literally every single time it was used it burnt up. As I said I really feel this is going to give people more problems than reward. If they wanted a good small scale speed run car why not have made it with the 2400kv motor, 130A esc and made a new steel 50t spur that can be locked that's 4s capable. 3900kv motor should be in a small 1/10 or 1/12 not a 1/8. All I'm saying is these are both guaranteed to disappoint a lot of people brand new to the hobby which is the target market.

You are totally right regarding the consumer experience with the Mega line, but I think it is debatable whether it push people away or not.

I went through it when I first bought a Granite Mega to my son in 2019. It was slow and kept burning motors every few packs. Just like everybody else who ever bought a Mega, it was a very frustrating experience, but kind of a gateway drug to get in the hobby and see whether the wrenching/upgrading aspect is for you or not.

I would be very curious to see the sales ratio for the Mega vs 3S line. I bet they sell tons of brushed 4X4 and it is very profitable for Arrma. If they didn't offer such affordable models, customers would buy brushed cars from other manufacturers. That would be a bad business decision.

Very disappointed in both these new garbage rigs! Really a mega Infraction? And then a lame "speed run" 3s car with as much junk they could put in it. MEGA style plastic slipper🤮 3900kv spekteum motor that's going to cook after maybe 3 packs if your lucky the bearings don't go first. Still plastic everything spur, inputs, diffs, same driveshafts. Doesn't seem the droop or suspension is adjustable at all. Liking Arrma less and less I gotta say unfortunately. They should have put 100% production efforts into the 4s rigs they F'd up and told everyone would be out spring this year. We've seen nothing but lame new models from the Vorteks to now this junk👎👎
While I wasn't looking forward to any 4s releases, or any releases at all.....I must say these new releases should have stayed a secret to the whole world.

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount

Bigrock V3 Motor Mount:

Vendetta Slipper Clutch:

I think it is because it is using the updated thicker motor mount and the slot is for a a hex to get the grub screw out of the pinion.
A dremel will fix an old mount and the new one being thicker means I might have to grab one of those too. Bottom line is that this is good news for anyone that already owns 3s rigs and wants to modify accordingly. The bigger question is, who's gonna be the first to modify a Vandetta body (lwb chassis) to fit a 6s rig and make it work (@jondilly1974) 😮

I'll take that Infraction body for my 3s Typhon!
I'll take the Vendetta and the lower towers for my Typhon 3s, but if @jondilly1974 doesn't hurry up and mod it for a Typhon 6s, I might have to butcher one up for that one too.

You have to understand that there's a market out there that doesn't include you or I, and while your conclusions may be dire on paper I very much doubt they will transpire like that in the real world. Shockingly enough Arrma probably do know what they are doing. Both of these releases seem really sensible imo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back