BashingBrian's Infraction build (sort of)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So 12 months compressed into 3 weeks ??

How to keep ? out of the inside of an Infraction..? ( the easy cheap way )
0.75mm clear 9030 lexan, easy to cut with scissors but super tough..!! ( it's what some riot shields are made from ? )
Also included are Kraton/Outcast dirt guards, and they bolt straight on.

IMG_6665.jpeg
IMG_6667.jpeg
IMG_6668.jpeg

Diffs rebuilt with 50k F&R, completely forgot the pictures ? but you've seen it all before anyway..
Spool and diffs built up with ABEC5 bearings and a stock 34T for now..?

IMG_6671.jpeg

ScorchedRC Ti driveshafts v1's, I've fitted some silicone o-rings to take up some of the slop ( they still move back and forth but a lot less ?? )

IMG_6704.jpeg

Center spool has one 0.15mm shim in the diff mount to remove some back to forth play..?
Spur is currently held in place with the grub screw but I have some pins too, so I'll see how the grubs hold out and change if needed..

IMG_6843.jpeg

Rear CVD's fitted and tested, no binding whatsoever..??
I really can't believe Arrma doesn't fit the Infraction/Limitless with these from the factory..!!

IMG_6779.jpeg

Pro-Line 1:8 Trifecta Lexan Clear Wing, sorry bit hard to see in my pic... ( Part No: PL6252-00 ) they come as a pair so you could cut one for high downforce and the other for low..??
I was going to paint it body color then decided to leave it clear but in the end painted it matt black?

The best thing about them is they are the perfect size to fit in between the the stock wing plates..!!
On a side note, they're made from some of the toughest lexan I've ever had to cut..? ( and I've cut 2mm DeltaPlastik bodies !! )

IMG_6625.jpeg
IMG_6841.jpeg

So as you may have guessed by now, I fancy a bit of extra extra speed ?
In my excitement of ordering a TP motor I made the error choice and ordered it with M3 bolt holes..!! ? ( what a noob ? )
So this is me taking it apart to re-tap it for M4 bolts..!! luckily I know what I'm doing..
I also made up some motor extension leads with 8mm bullets..

IMG_6697.jpeg

All test fitted in place, notice I've change the standard motor mount bolts to 3mm capheads with washers.
No more rounded hex's for me, also you can tighten them up a lot tighter without the fear of rounding the heads..!!

IMG_6698.jpeg

Had to modify the fan mount slightly to clear the new ? guards..!!

IMG_6701.jpeg

Lastly what ESC am I going to use you ask..?
Decided to get a MMX8 in from the states, because you guys don't shut up about how good they are..???? ( it's good, and now I know ? )

IMG_6783 2.jpeg

Do you like my solder job..? I'm pretty good with heat shrink too.. ???
I made these battery booties to protect the ends when not in use, as I was super paranoid of the bullets touching one an other..!!

IMG_6784 2.jpeg

Nearly done, back soon for the finished car..!!

Is Brian of Indian descent? I always thought of him as standard British, like porridge and mash. ??✌?✌?

I love heat btw. I have a nice collection of hot sauces myself. My butt isn’t always happy about my choices tho ?

Is Brian of Indian descent? I always thought of him as standard British, like porridge and mash. ??✌?✌?

I love heat btw. I have a nice collection of hot sauces myself. My butt isn’t always happy about my choices tho ?
You’ve never been to England. Indian restaurants more popular than British pubs. I’m sure you’ll find one in every street corner ?

I’m sure he likes the old toad in the hole and a bit of spotted peepee.

You’ve never been to England. Indian restaurants more popular than British pubs. I’m sure you’ll find one in every street corner ?

I’m sure he likes the old toad in the hole and a bit of spotted peepee.
Not even gonna ask about the spotted D. Toad in the hole I’ve heard of.

So, I'm still waiting for my EXB so I thought I'd finish off the Infraction..?

Last mod for now is to re-mount the servo as I stripped two of the bolt holes when swapping it over last time..
I decided to fit some M3 brass inserts so no more worries about stripped plastic ever again..?

IMG_7257.jpeg
IMG_7260.jpeg

M3 double ended brass inserts..?? I'm sure I will use these in various places on these cars in the future..?

IMG_7263.jpeg

Though I'd have a go at setting up the suspension up a little better again ?, I'd seen some disc setup wheels Hudy makes and was shocked at the price..!!
So I got my local plastic's supplier to make these for me, they are 100mm x 4mm with 12.2mm hole in the middle made out of perspex.
They cost me £8/$10 inc delivery..

Couldn't believe it when I checked the car, the camber was all over the place it was running 4.5 deg negative camber front left, 3.5 deg on the right and around 2.7 and 3.3 at the rear..!!! ? I had set it previously with Hoons on the car ?
It's now and setup with my new disc setup system at 1.5 deg front and 1.0deg rear..!! ( I did set it up with batteries in place )

IMG_7253.jpeg
IMG_7255.jpeg

Last part of the puzzle the body..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back