Mojave BashingBrian's Mojave EXB...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Well, you all knew it would happen sooner or later 😉

This is the way...
960x0.jpg.jpeg

So it begins.....

This is going to stay a stock EXB 😉, no M2C, no upgrades except for electronics and my usual mods..

IMG_9197.jpeg

Can't decide 🤔 4585 or 4092, 6s or 8s...

IMG_9201.jpeg

Can't decide 🤔 4585 or 4092, 6s or 8s...
Tae be fair Brian, that's no a bad pair of choices tae be 'stuck' with!

@Sandracer_NL ye know yer gonna get one! Been some good used deals popping up on Toemen.nl now and again. My first one came from there cause I couldn't find a green one in the UK!

Tae be fair Brian, that's no a bad pair of choices tae be 'stuck' with!

@Sandracer_NL ye know yer gonna get one! Been some good used deals popping up on Toemen.nl now and again. My first one came from there cause I couldn't find a green one in the UK!
(y)I check their website every other day! I think that if that deal on the Mojave EXB they had comes back...
paying no money GIF by Noam Sussman

First mod, don't think it's needed really with the new battery tray as it has more bolts holding it in place compared with the V4's but better safe than sorry 👍🏼
PPS motor mount fitted ready for whatever motor finds its way inside this truck 😁 also fitted a JX 35kg HV servo...

IMG_9203.jpeg

Last edited:
Up next are the diffs..

Experimental shim collection, well some of them..😉

IMG_9220.jpeg

Time to open up the EXB's diffs, lets see if they are as badly filled as all the other Arrma's I've owned.
Front, practically no oil inside....

IMG_9255.jpeg

Odd sized shims in rear..!! ( and hardly any oil )

IMG_9257.jpeg

Lastly the center, also no oil..🤬 Arrma's QC has to be some of the worst..!!

IMG_9214.jpeg

This is the new setup of my front and center, notice I've added one extra shim 6x12x0.1mm to both sides behind the pin.
Added ABEC5 bearings on the center diff, and used the stock shielded bearings front and rear.

IMG_9227.jpeg

The rear again I've converted to fully open, at the time there was still no stock of the Arrma open diff shim kit ARA311094, so I just ordered the thick shims from my usual supplier and went and did it myself.
Below you can see the thick spacer shim fitted on the spur gear, notice I had to trim the gasket a small amount. Funny thing is the front and center gaskets were slightly different shape and the corners were already removed..🤔

IMG_9226.jpeg
IMG_9225.jpeg

This pic has no relevance to the order of things it just shows some of the extra shims I used and the ABEC5 bearings.

IMG_9224.jpeg

After finishing the front and center diffs I decided to slightly change the rear diff layout, I went with the original Arrma 0.3mm shim then added my own 6x12x0.3mm and finally the thick spacer shim 12x18x2mm..🤔 ( lets see how it goes after running )

IMG_9259.jpeg

The diff oil I decided to go with is..
Front 30k
Center 200k
Rear 20K

Finally a shiny thing to look at 😎, because we all know shiny things are better than the inside of boring diffs.. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_9198.jpeg

Last edited:
Up next are the diffs..

View attachment 128029

Time to open up the EXB's diffs, lets see if they are as badly filled as all the other Arrma's I've owned.

View attachment 128005

View attachment 128008

View attachment 128028

This is the new setup of my front and center, notice I've added one extra shim 6x12x0.1mm to both sides behind the pin.
Added ABEC5 bearings on the center diff, and used the stock shielded bearings front and rear.

View attachment 128002

The rear again I've converted to fully open, at the time there was still no stock of the Arrma open diff shim kit ARA311094, so I just ordered the thick shims from my usual supplier and went and did it myself.
Below you can see the thick spacer shim fitted on the spur gear, notice I had to trim the gasket a small amount. Funny thing is the front and center gaskets were slightly different shape and the corners were already removed..🤔

View attachment 128001View attachment 128000

This pic has no relevance to the order of things it just shows some of the extra shims I used and the ABEC5 bearings.

View attachment 127999

After finishing the front and center diffs I decided to slightly change the rear diff layout, I went with the original Arrma 0.3mm shim then added my own 6x12x0.3mm and finally the thick spacer shim 12x18x2mm..🤔 ( lets see how it goes after running )

View attachment 128010

Front 30k
Center 200k
Rear 20K

Finally a shiny thing to look at 😎, because we all know shiny things are better than the inside of boring diffs.. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 127998
Diff oil levels are a joke as you know from my kexb, great and thorough approach to the shimmimg as always 👍

Up next are the diffs..

View attachment 128029

View attachment 128005

View attachment 128008

View attachment 128028

View attachment 128002

View attachment 128001View attachment 128000

View attachment 127999

View attachment 128010

Front 30k
Center 200k
Rear 20K

View attachment 127998
My v5 kraton had barely any oil in center diff. And the front n rear were way low. Felt like 5k oil
It just ran out like shock oil

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back