Kraton Battery recommendations Kraton 8s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have many Gens-Ace. They are my favorite in the higher price range. Probably the best of my bunch, some are even real old and outlived many of the cheap stuff. Just the outer wraps are pretty beat up and wrapped over and over with Gorilla tape.
I like trying different cheaper flavors of the month too. :LOL:
Hey, not intending to hijack the thread, but since this is being discussed and how good some batteries are, can someone help explain why this pair (as in just 2 batteries), that works out to be nearly $250 for one battery, is worth almost $500?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084RGNFDB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_C4XG1QF1AK7T5J89N32R

Hey, not intending to hijack the thread, but since this is being discussed and how good some batteries are, can someone help explain why this pair (as in just 2 batteries), that works out to be nearly $250 for one battery, is worth almost $500?

Crazy right? I can’t explain (......The Who).

FWIW, here’s what we pay in Canada for lipos........ these are powerhobby 4s (x2) bought a few days ago...
498601F2-D4CC-4525-BC75-858188335BCF.jpeg

Because it's Max Amps junk. Ridiculously overpriced and overrated. Their C ratings are a joke. They pull in newbies with their hype which keeps them in business. Their warranty is BS too, try to warranty one and see what they tell you. Had a couple of their lipos in mid 2000s, no different than any other mid range pack but at a high end premium price. 👎

Hey guys. I am the new here and ordered an 8s, i think i will receive it tomorrow. I want to equip it with gensacearespammers 11k mAh, but the battery is a little longer. Can it fit somehow? Thanks

Hey guys. I am the new here and ordered an 8s, i think i will receive it tomorrow. I want to equip it with gensacearespammers 11k mAh, but the battery is a little longer. Can it fit somehow? Thanks
You can extend the battery tray by moving the rear tray further back, you'll see there are pre-drilled holes in the chassis.
Those lipo's were aimed at the Arrma 8S line-up, so I would assume they fit after extending the rear tray.
Please post how you like them lipo's, I'm very interested on how they perform.

You can extend the battery tray by moving the rear tray further back, you'll see there are pre-drilled holes in the chassis.
Those lipo's were aimed at the Arrma 8S line-up, so I would assume they fit after extending the rear tray.
After i take a run i will post :) now with Easter comming idk when will i receive them 🤷‍♂️

Gens @ce lipos aren’t cheap, but they are high quality and have good performance. Have been running them for a year now and still going strong👍. I have 6750’s (4s) and good to see that Gens now also has 8000, 11000 and 15000 😳.

My Kraton is really too slow out of the box. I've ordered a 23T pinion, set the punch to 5, but now that I'm shopping for an extra set of batteries, I'm hoping it's a chance to squeeze some more power out of this thing. Can anyone tell me why these batteries are $440 & if there's something less ridiculously priced that'll give my rig some more oomph ?

My Kraton is really too slow out of the box. I've ordered a 23T pinion, set the punch to 5, but now that I'm shopping for an extra set of batteries, I'm hoping it's a chance to squeeze some more power out of this thing. Can anyone tell me why these batteries are $440 & if there's something less ridiculously priced that'll give my rig some more oomph ?
LOL , dude i bought some gensacearespammers with approximately half the money. 1 piece is 110€ in $ maybe 130-150$. And still a set wont go to 440$
Screenshot_20210414-214931_Chrome.jpg

Max Amps lipos are a rip off, nothing special about them, in fact they are near the bottom of the list of a lipo performance shoot out I've recently seen of many brands. They rely on noobs and clueless enthusiasts to keep them in business. Run don't walk from their BS!

I've heard bad things about maxamps. I think it was something about the voltage.

Are there any recommended batteries to use in the Arrma Kraton 8s, my hobby shop sold me spectrum 5000 50c. s It seems after a short run my battery indicator goes from four lights to two Last night I was fooling with the alignment and had the truck powered up so i could get the steering centered.

The batteries were fully charged. After no more than 5 minutes I was done so I topped off the batteries and both took about 1600 amp hours when full. Is this normal? Are the battery indicator lights on the remote accurate?
I have the same problem with the so called SMART batteries. Expensive . Maybe 10 minutes of run time,

I have the CNHL 4s 6200mah racing batteries and like them alot. They have more punch than a set of Zeee 7000mah batteries I have and last a good 15-20 min of bashing, whereas the Zeee's were about 5 min less run time. They have 8ga leads which is great for a current hungry esc, motor but if you need to swap connectors, it's a bit of a chore to solder those big leads.

Problem is I think I bought the last two they had in stock. Don't know when they'll restock. I'd love to get a set of their 9500mah racing packs but they haven't been in stock for a while now.

I went to a huge R/C event today & the stock batteries ran for a very very long time & provided as much power as I needed. I thought about it some more & decided I really just wanted a way to enjoy an afternoon running my truck without having to deal with charging...without breaking the bank. I wound up ordering the a pair of Zeee 4S Lipo Battery 14.8V 100C 6000mAh. The reviews seem pretty good, and it's not a gigantic amount of money if they aren't great. Thanks all!

Ran my EXB K8S yesterday with the Hoovo 6000mAh 100C graphene batteries (XLX2 and 1100kv motor with 35/47 gearing). These things have a lot of punch. I was doing double backflips like nothing off my ramps and got 58MPH on concrete. I've only ran them like twice but they are doing good so far. Warm to the touch. I've heard good things about Yowoo from people on YouTube. I'll see long term what happens. They look and feel like quality batteries though :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Yowoo...-/154156411590?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

Powerhobby. Excellent quality battery for a great price. I have 2 9000 MAH 100c batteries I can easily pull off 35 minute run times on them. The smaller 5000s I have probably last 15-20 minutes

Powerhobby. Excellent quality battery for a great price. I have 2 9000 MAH 100c batteries I can easily pull off 35 minute run times on them. The smaller 5000s I have probably last 15-20 minutes
Thanks.
I have the same problem with the so called SMART batteries. Expensive . Maybe 10 minutes of run time,
Well I must admit. I was running my K8 to hard. Wide open throttle on dirt doing donuts, figures 8s to long. Motor got to hot and ESC shut it down. Could not touch motor. Too hot. Run time about 10 minutes. Waited 10 minutes and turned K8 and drove with taking a pause and letting the motor cool down. Drove it hard but not as crazy. This time I got about 28 minutes of drive time.. I am learning the hard way. Removed the Smart batteries and put on storage charge. 3.8 VOLTS per cell. Thanks for all your help. Bill

Last edited:
Check out Gens-Ace, they have 4s 8000, 8500 and now even 11000mAh's for the 8s line.
And are, i my experience, a better quality lipo manufacterer compared to the Banggood ones.
Do they fit the stock location without modification?

Back