Kraton Best tire for Kraton 8s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, how many times I have seen the same thread!
There are not too many, and everyone has his own preferences and budget.
It will also depend on how and where you ride.
The original tires are quite good in general for multi-purpose and multi-terrain driving.
other wise you could try the Outcast 8s ones. Some from lossi 1/5 scale tires. X-Max tires (but you will have to drill and enlarge the center hole) or you could choose the pro-line 4.3 ones at 110$ per pair.
you need to ask yourself the proper questions (check above), set you budget, and do some research.
You also have to take into account you driving/bashing style.
In brief, their is no correct answer to this question in my humble opinion.
Sorry for not being able to help more :)

I have a Kraton 8 any recommendations tire ?

I recommend the xmaxx/badlands and drilling the hub hole larger. The tires have great longevity and don't show much wear at all after a few packs.

IMG_0937.JPG

I have Proline Badlands, PowerHobby Scorpions, and Duratrax Six Packs. All are great tires but each have pros / cons. I like the PowerHobby as they are the softest compound, good for power slides
and seem best for overall bashing. The Six Packs and Badlands provide the best traction. The Badlands are are the hardest compound and the heaviest of the 3 options. It really comes down to where you run your truck and selecting a tire that best suits the terrain.

Here’s a few weight comparisons if anyone cares. These were measured today on a reliable scale. The weights are for 4 tires RTR in Lbs.

Pro Line trenchers: 8.65
Duratrax Six Pack X: 6.8
DBoots Copperhead 2: 4.75

I assume the Badlands are similar in weight to the trenchers and duratrax Lockup X are the same as six packs. Almost a 4 lb difference between stock and high end.

cheers,
kev

Here’s a few weight comparisons if anyone cares. These were measured today on a reliable scale. The weights are for 4 tires RTR in Lbs.

Pro Line trenchers: 8.65
Duratrax Six Pack X: 6.8
DBoots Copperhead 2: 4.75

I assume the Badlands are similar in weight to the trenchers and duratrax Lockup X are the same as six packs. Almost a 4 lb difference between stock and high end.

cheers,
kev
Great info. It’s hard to add weight and need more power that’s not there. Stock tires will be hard to beat.

Yes, those heavy trenchers will heat up stock electronics. I couldn’t believe the weight when I saw it......had to weigh a few times just to be sure.

@Clubin I know you have a Losi, the stock RTR creepy crawlers weigh in at 5.6 lbs for 4. FYI.

I drilled out the wheels to run Duratrax Hatchet X but now going to weigh them against stock! Nothing like spinning mass to increase workload, ask any cyclist. Thanks @KevinC !

Yikes, just looked up the weight of the Hatchet X (because I’m too lazy to take them off and find a reliable balance) but they tip the scales at 3.5 lb a pair!

The Duratrax might be belted for strength, but I might actually give the stock Copperheads a run! I took them off on arrival. It’s not like the thing gets up to ballooning speed anyway.

Last edited:
I recommend the backflips from the outcast recently got the outcast and tried the backflips on the kraton and love them except I broke a rim but think that was the cold weather I have the badlands from xmaxx they are tuff but no traction very hard coumpound

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back