Typhon Best upgrades for typhon 3s blx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO, the 3s cars weak points are the steering components, so I'd advise these upgrades.

1. Sloppy steering - because of the plastic pivot balls, steering bellcrank, and loose hubs, the steering is bad compared to my Traxxas cars. The plastics and general loosness I think adds to the durability because it a flex more to absorb hard hits, on the flip side it's harder to keep them straight without constant adjustment of the steering trim. However, installing the HR Steering bellcrank and metal pivot balls reduces slop immensely. Cost $40 for the bellcrank and $15 for the pivot balls.
2. Wobbly tires - after a couple of runs, stock tires may get wobbly even though everything is tight. Some people add washers to the hubs to compensate. I installed the HR 17mm hexes with the 10mm extension. That fixes the wobble and allows more tires options than 14mm. I had also tried the 12mm duratrex hexes and found that they were starting to chip, so the quality is not as good as HR. Cost $33

After I did these on my car the handling improved 100%. I went from wondering if I should sell them and focus on my Traxxas cars to loving them.

Last edited:
Just picked one up for a killer price to add to my #ARRMA Collection ? ? ?
Will do some upgrades with it but nothing to crazy since it is a plastic platform.
Here is a pic with my HPI Street #Platlines 17 hex tires. LOL

I just ordered the Badlands 1/8 buggy tires.
1582579133527.png

Attachments

• Platlines 17 hex wheels.jpeg
    Platlines 17 hex wheels.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 170
I bought the #SRC All Terrian belted Crusher for my 6s #KRATON but sure look sexy on my 3s #Typhon!
Enjoy backflipping often. Those are going to be way too large. ??‍♂️

Attachments

• Lockup 1:8 c2 Mounted buggy tires.jpeg
    Lockup 1:8 c2 Mounted buggy tires.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 68
Does anyone know of an aluminum wing mount for the typhon 3s I can’t seem to find one anywhere
Wrong direction. You want a super flexible wing mount, not rigid.

Does anyone know of an aluminum wing mount for the typhon 3s I can’t seem to find one anywhere
You can maybe get one from GRP or Hot Racing but you may set yourself up to break something else that's tougher to address with so much rigidity. I bought stock wing mounts at first two at a time for all my trucks because they're cheap and easy to replace. Eventually I got to where I wasn't breaking them so often any more.

Installed a few new upgrades and created a new build log for my #3s #Typhon! The link for that is in my signature!
I still have a bunch of parts from #GPMRacing that I am waiting on but ones I have added a new suspension the #ARRMA 6s shocks that i scored from #JennysRC + added in a 20t pinion and WOW, she is a little ripper and fly's through the air like a ? ? ? ?
3s Typhon All beef up! .jpeg

Installed a few new upgrades and created a new build log for my #3s #Typhon! The link for that is in my signature!
I still have a bunch of parts from #GPMRacing that I am waiting on but ones I have added a new suspension the #ARRMA 6s shocks that i scored from #JennysRC + added in a 20t pinion and WOW, she is a little ripper and fly's through the air like a ? ? ? ?
View attachment 77314
Are you running off-road? if yes, how does it feels with the 20T.

Are you running off-road? if yes, how does it feels with the 20T.
I would not recommend if you're going to go all out in the dirt with a 20t pinion b/c your rig can Overheat and you can blow your ESC! Anyways, my 3s rig is running temps right around 130 to 138ish after about 10-15 minutes of full throttle with speed runs and launching her to the moon with my custom made RC ramp!! We have been on lock down so I can really can't comment or tell you how it going to run in full on dirt terrain. Anyways, on the street, its a little ? ? ? ? and when I doing my launches on my RC ramp i made its unbelievable with my new ARRMA 6s shocks and RPM a-arms since thats the first thing that going to break on you are those stock arrma a-arms. What I am going to do is grab some dboots hoons to set it off as a speed demon! If I want to bash and blast on full on dirt thats when i break out the v3 KRATON or my 6s Notorious stunt truck!
Safe bashing from FL,
Uplift-RC

Arrma Fleet2.jpeg

I would not recommend if you're going to go all out in the dirt with a 20t pinion b/c your rig can Overheat and you can blow your ESC! Anyways, my 3s rig is running temps right around 130 to 138ish after about 10-15 minutes of full throttle with speed runs and launching her to the moon with my custom made RC ramp!! We have been on lock down so I can really can't comment or tell you how it going to run in full on dirt terrain. Anyways, on the street, its a little ? ? ? ? and when I doing my launches on my RC ramp i made its unbelievable with my new ARRMA 6s shocks and RPM a-arms since thats the first thing that going to break on you are those stock arrma a-arms. What I am going to do is grab some dboots hoons to set it off as a speed demon! If I want to bash and blast on full on dirt thats when i break out the v3 KRATON or my 6s Notorious stunt truck!
Safe bashing from FL,
Uplift-RC

View attachment 77679
Got you I will mostly be driving on low grassy area. I've reading a lot of mix opinionson the topic of the 20t. Maybe I'll try with 17 or 18. Thanks for the input.

Got you I will mostly be driving on a low grassy area. I've read a lot of mixed opinions on the topic of the 20t. Maybe I'll try with 17 or 18. Thanks for the input.
These Typhon’s are not made for grassy areas especially if it's on the grass and its the 3s model.! They do very well when you either on flat hard terrain in dirt or on a cement type surface so that’s why I am turning mine into a street rocket. If you want something that handles in all Terrain you can’t go wrong with either the 6s KRATON or any of the 6s Stunt Trucks!I don’t know what your budget is but if this is your 1st ARRMA I WOULD save up and get yourself a 6s platform rig. My first rig was a Granite which was a big mistake and I should have just waiting and bought my V3 KRATON, since she is a complete beast with some minor upgrades, like the shock towers and a new servo.
v3 #KRATON vs a #v4 #Notorious 6s.jpg

What shocks are fitted on your Typhon and was there any adjustments made to fit ?

I bough the 6s Typhon Shocks, since they are straight bolt on mate if you use these AXIA1356 Axial 7.5x8mm Silicone Shock Bushing instead of your ARRMA Pivotal balls - which reduces any slop what so ever! Safe bashing from FL @Dugs
s-l1600.jpg

I bough the 6s Typhon Shocks, since they are straight bolt on mate if you use these AXIA1356 Axial 7.5x8mm Silicone Shock Bushing instead of your ARRMA Pivotal balls - which reduces any slop what so ever! Safe bashing from FL @Dugs View attachment 78470
These fit but still require a bush inside them of some sort as they compress easily when jumping and the top of the shock hits the shock tower causing a white stress mark

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back