Creality K1 & K1 Max & K1C FDM (Bambu Lab X1 & P1P competition)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it's hard to already judge about my new Bambu lab x1 carbon after 25h of ownership. But i am extremely pleased and impressed so far.

I got mine post-kickstarter and bugs like the K1 is showing in the video above are not present. As for price the K1 max does seem to be a very good competitor once it's actually market ready. Featurewise the Bambu is packing a lot more though.

Printing speed of the Bambu is just crazy. Normall everything above 60mm/s with PLA would be considered as producing a worse surface - according to the usual blogs. Bambu going to several hundred mm/s. A fuselage section of a printed aeroplane which takes me like 40 hours on an Anycubic Mega X is just a few hours on the Bambu.

Buddy's Bambu takes 3,5 hours for a section of a fuselage where I need 1day, 7 hours and that number always is higher in reality. Bummer it has not least 300x300mm bed size - some aeroplane fuselage parts just need that.

Wonder when other companies will follow.

On the other hand there is a lot of hype about the printing. TPU is pretty much the only material that is useable for RC cars. Fan mounts are in serious problems when the motor temperature goes over 80 degrees Celcius. PETG splinters a bit like glass and those splinters are very sharp.

On the other hand if you are into train landscapes etc. the printing is fun.

Got three Anycubic printers - no way they can keep up with a Bambu running a the same time. Not even close.

Wonder when other companies will follow.
3D printers brands have had a copy-paste business model from day one. Now the bar has been raised, all must and will follow (or stop?)

On the other hand there is a lot of hype about the printing. TPU is pretty much the only material that is useable for RC cars. Fan mounts are in serious problems when the motor temperature goes over 80 degrees Celcius. PETG splinters a bit like glass and those splinters are very sharp.

On the other hand if you are into train landscapes etc. the printing is fun.

PETG is indeed not ideal for RC, but i use a lot more than just TPU. PLA can still be usefull for non-structural custom parts where precision is more important. My extra bearing pinochiospool on the limitless works great with pla. Printing molds for carbon forging is great too.

My current project; suspension system and chassis for my tracked vehicle is also a mix of PLU and metals. I lot cooler than train landscaping imho
1683323985835.png

Now that i have the bambu capable of doing 300 Celcius and fully enclosed, i am also curious about printing ABS/Nylon and -CF materials.

A Post launch review..

Brutally honest.

Early adopters win is early access. I do agree K1 and P1P backers were screwed though.

I also agree these badboys should not be your first printer, but once your endors can't keep up with your printbacklog you do want a superfast machine like one of these.

And concerning special materials, true PLA, PETG (and TPU) will cover 90% of your printing needs. I am glad though that that 10% is also covered by my X1C printing ABS and nylon with nearly the same ease.

I know I like pushing my printer to its max Speed... But I like to have precision And Quality as a result also..

This guy is insane!

His print quality is total dog 💩

my ender 6 turned me off of crealty, I could of bought 3 more threes, but I got all excited by the pretty blue, you guys using any 3d scanners? I've just recently realized my lizard sucked because the software didn't mention most everything lol, but after leaving it sitting inside my ender 6 for a year I pulled it out and it's going to be valuable to make custom RC parts. not amazing but pretty cool

17009740945948733112590907635637.jpg

I know I like pushing my printer to its max Speed... But I like to have precision And Quality as a result also..

This guy is insane!

His print quality is total dog 💩
3 min for a benchy is insane... If it was a benchy, this blob does not qualify
my ender 6 turned me off of crealty, I could of bought 3 more threes, but I got all excited by the pretty blue, you guys using any 3d scanners? I've just recently realized my lizard sucked because the software didn't mention most everything lol, but after leaving it sitting inside my ender 6 for a year I pulled it out and it's going to be valuable to make custom RC parts. not amazing but pretty cool

View attachment 333990

I've experimented some with 3dscanners. With reasonable result.
But i really just like CAD files and making my own modifications. Fixing and modifying mesh files requires other skills which i haven't developed (yet)

3 min for a benchy is insane... If it was a benchy, this blob does not qualify

Totally Agree.

That guy definitely is pushing the speed envelope ,But come on..
He's just wasting filament making those benches like that.

Anyone can squeeze out a turd -from their printer.

I've experimented some with 3dscanners. With reasonable result.
But i really just like CAD files and making my own modifications. Fixing and modifying mesh files requires other skills which i haven't developed (yet)

Absolutely.
Like Massive Patience and attention to minute details..
It really depends of what your wanting to do with the mesh...

There are several different combination of techniques.

Needs to have optional Bigger nozzles included

Hopefully, once Bambu Labs and Creality Open Source their custom slicers ,Someone will figure out a way to use the AMS Multi-Materials unit with the Creality K1 / K1 Max !!!

Heads up!

Loosy goosy hotend screws..

I see such a variety of takes on the K1 Max, I'm not sure what to think.

Microcenter has it for $699 right now. That's a pretty tempting price point, but I also want something that more or less "just works". Anybody have any current experience wit this thing?

I see such a variety of takes on the K1 Max, I'm not sure what to think.

Microcenter has it for $699 right now. That's a pretty tempting price point, but I also want something that more or less "just works". Anybody have any current experience wit this thing?

Honestly, there is NO 3D printer at these Low price points that's Truly "Just Works"..
(maybe initially ,for a while. But Not perpetually.)

There's going to be something that will need your attention and mechanical competence to resolve in one way or another...

Until you drop at least $15,000 And UP! range..
Which usually Requires an annual Service Contract along with the purchase of said machine anyways. TBH

Examples:

Ultimaker S7
https://ultimaker.com/3d-printers/s-series/ultimaker-s7/

S7 Price

Markforged X7 & FX20
https://markforged.com/3d-printers/x7

https://markforged.com/3d-printers/fx20

X7 Price

FX20 Price

HP Multi Jet Fusion
https://www.hp.com/us-en/printers/3d-printers/products/multi-jet-technology.html

HP MJF Price

Last edited:
Honestly, there is NO 3D printer at these Low price points that's Truly "Just Works"..
(maybe initially ,for a while. But Not perpetually.)

There's going to be something that will need your attention and mechanical competence to resolve in one way or another...

"Just works" is maybe a little strong, I do understand there's going to be maintenance and fine tuning, I just don't have any interest in spending hours fiddling around with every print.

"Just works" is maybe a little strong, I do understand there's going to be maintenance and fine tuning, I just don't have any interest in spending hours fiddling around with every print.

Understood.

And if you plan on just using One particular type filament and sticking to it (no changing for color or changing Brands) after you get your printer calibrated, tuned, and set for said filament***
,then for sure you won't be fiddling with it for hours on end.

It's when you start changing filament types and swapping out different colors of the filaments that's when variances creep in and causes unforseen issues to pop up on your printer
- to be thrown off (ever so slightly) that will show up in your print (quality) or
other aberrations ,ie: Failed Prints.

***Proactively making sure the filament stays dry. Even during printing.

Back