Creality K1 on sale for net $289 (thru 12/22)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dure16

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon TLR
Retail price $599 but on sale for $389. Plus the sale includes a $100 gift card (which I’d use for filament).

https://www.matterhackers.com/store/l/creality3d-k1-high-speed-3d-printer/sk/M08FZLZW

1703209388969.png

Thank you for sharing!

I just wished Creality made an AMS-like system..
Maybe they have something up their sleeves...

I have that nagging problem, thinking as soon as I purchase this unit they will come out with a New printer model that Will have AMS...!

Thank you for sharing!

I just wished Creality made an AMS-like system..
Maybe they have something up their sleeves...

I have that nagging problem, thinking as soon as I purchase this unit they will come out with a New printer model that Will have AMS...!

I'm surprised you didn't see that, they are soon to enter the ams like department.. one of those shows they just had that you have been posting links to... It was mentioned there by creality... I believe the interview was about the new ender line and the question was popped...
@Camaroboy383 you still loving that K1 Max?

I am, very much so.. but I may have just encountered an issue, I'm trying to sort it out to determine if I'm correct .. from what I am seeing it's looking like the extruder stepper is getting smouldering hot.. so much so it is melting the filament in the feeders.. I need to check the v-ref to see if possibly it has turned from vibration and cranked the voltage to the stepper..

So yeah, that sucks, but I'll get it sorted quick..👍

Last edited:
I'm surprised you didn't see that, they are soon to enter the ams like department.. one of those shows they just had that you have been posting links to... It was mentioned there by creality... I believe the interview was about the new ender line and the question was popped...

I don't recall which video mentioned such a thing..

I am, very much so.. but I may have just encountered an issue, I'm trying to sort it out to determine if I'm correct .. from what I am seeing it's looking like the extruder stepper is getting smouldering hot.. so much so it is melting the filament in the feeders.. I need to check the v-ref to see if possibly it has turned from vibration and cranked the voltage to the stepper..

So yeah, that sucks, but I'll get it sorted quick..👍

I believe I saw/heard something mention about this..
that the new version Should have some sort of silicone gasket along with the new metal plate to help separate the heat coming off the extruder stepper....
I can't remember where exactly I saw that.. at the moment.

I don't recall which video mentioned such a thing..

I believe I saw/heard something mention about this..
that the new version Should have some sort of silicone gasket along with the new metal plate to help separate the heat coming off the extruder stepper....
I can't remember where exactly I saw that.. at the moment.

It is strange it took a month to show up.. but I do like what you're typing.. lol.. I have yet to contact creality, was trying to isolate the issue beforehand. But I will surely be sending an email

It is strange it took a month to show up.. but I do like what you're typing.. lol.. I have yet to contact creality, was trying to isolate the issue beforehand. But I will surely be sending an email

Found it!

Goto ~3:15 mark of the video, Nathan talks about that gasket/spacer/shim...

Hopefully, once Bambu Labs and Creality Open Source their custom slicers ,Someone will figure out a way to use the AMS Multi-Materials unit with the Creality K1 / K1 Max !!!

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-x1-p1p-competition.61601/page-2#post-1019848

Last edited:
And I found the one I was talking about.. lol... About the 2 minute mark

See!
I knew it..!
They will bring something out ,soon....

Thank you.

Note to Creality-
Chop Chop!!
What's taking so long!??
Just CopyKat Bambu' AMS ,they are literally just down the street from your headquarters...

Yeah that's all the stuff that's in there now so it is the revised version.. but now that gives me a hunch, this isolation gasket is just to thin.. it's probably 20 thou thick.. it should be isolated further.. 🤔

I'm sure you're right!

Does anyone have the shim?
Or its dimensions so I can design it and make a thicker one..

I'm sure you're right!

Does anyone have the shim?
Or its dimensions so I can design it and make a thicker one..

The problem is the gear set.. the pinion is pressed onto the stepper and almost all the way out already.. adding thickness will require a mod to the stepper...

Secondly, there won't be a material out there you could print that will deal with the heat.. I'm telling you this stepper is insanely hot.. to put it in perspective, the feeder gears are isolated from the plate on plastic gears.. the rollers are hot enough to melt petg and abs.. that's some serious heat

the rollers are hot enough to melt petg and abs.. that's some serious heat
Geez. Plastic may not be the answer then.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found Polymaker PC to have a much higher heat tolerance than ABS, ASA, nylon, and any other filament I’ve tried.

Geez. Plastic may not be the answer then.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found Polymaker PC to have a much higher heat tolerance than ABS, ASA, nylon, and any other filament I’ve tried.

Absolutely, but I don't think PC will cut it either once directly against the stepper.. it would need to be machined out of a phenolic plate of sorts.. g10 may work, but it transfers heat pretty well so i feel that would be a no go as well..

Absolutely, but I don't think PC will cut it either once directly against the stepper.. it would need to be machined out of a phenolic plate of sorts.. g10 may work, but it transfers heat pretty well so i feel that would be a no go as well..

So do you think Creality is using too small a stepper motor?
There should be some kind of heatsink attached to it..

Or perhaps some how Redirect a small portion of the parts cooler fan to the stepper??

So do you think Creality is using too small a stepper motor?
There should be some kind of heatsink attached to it..

Or perhaps some how Redirect a small portion of the parts cooler fan to the stepper??

My best educated guess is, yes.. most likely the motor is to small for the job, requiring the v-ref to be cranked up to hold steps.. again, best educated guess at this moment..
Here is a couple pics of the unit so you know what we are looking at.. Could be very tricky to get that stepper further away with it's design.. notice how the end bearing acts as a centering dowel, and how short the output shaft is.. will be a multi part process for sure..

Attachments

• IMG_20231222_110056293.jpg
    IMG_20231222_110056293.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20231222_110027164.jpg
    IMG_20231222_110027164.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
My best educated guess is, yes.. most likely the motor is to small for the job, requiring the v-ref to be cranked up to hold steps.. again, best educated guess at this moment..
Here is a couple pics of the unit so you know what we are looking at.. Could be very tricky to get that stepper further away with it's design.. notice how the end bearing acts as a centering dowel, and how short the output shaft is.. will be a multi part process for sure..

I see..

Perhaps something like this >>
D3vil Shroud might work/help with some extra cooling..

I'm wondering if I should wait for their AMS version to come out next year...
Or just pull the trigger on this little speed demon..

Decisions, decisions..

I see..

Perhaps something like this >>
D3vil Shroud might work/help with some extra cooling..

Cooling could be an option.. was thinking of tossing a rocket fan on the heat sink to replace the original.. as far as I can tell it's 25x10... Will have to pull the can bus board to measure it..

Sale ends today I think

I Know...

I still have a couple of hours..

Wish Creality would let me take a peek at what they have cooking for their Multi-Materials System...!!
So I know if it's worth waiting for or not.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back