Creality K1 & K1 Max & K1C FDM (Bambu Lab X1 & P1P competition)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So interestingly enough, this video had me motivated to do some tests on dimensional accuracy on the k1 max..

I would like to point out that the flow test the guy used was faulty.. he used standard pla, flow ratings on k1 and Bambu are related to hyper series pla's, so there is that..

I designed my own test model in fusion.. within this model I've got some interesting but also confusing result's.. 🤔.. I printed this model in standard PLA at 250mm/sec at .2 layer height...

100mm length on Y was accurate to within .02 mm

While 100mm length on X was .20 mm 🤔..

15mm Z height, dead nuts , 25mm z height, dead nuts.. 0.00.. 👍

This is where things got interesting, and confusing..

Center section, 20mm dia. Circle, absolutely dead nuts again, 0.00, perfect

2 towers up on the model 5mm dia. Only accurate to .20 mm...

This is what is strange, it will blow out a 20mm cylinder perfect, but be off on a 5mm cylinder.. hmmm.. I'm questioning the arc tolerance setting in this particular case but have not had time to dive into it..

The accuracy on X I'm questioning the belts as they are able to walk ever so slightly over the face of the pulley.. this makes the most sense to me anyway..

Overall, I'm not upset about the results at all for a printer that's out of the box stock..

Any tips on getting a K1 Max to extrude?

The gears on the extruder are spinning in vain. I've pushed the filament as far as I can and tried a straight and angled cut on the end of the filament. That's pretty much exhausted my knowledge of 3D printing at this point. Maybe the extruder is clogged?

Edit: I also made sure the extruder was unlocked when feeding the filament, then re-locked

Any tips on getting a K1 Max to extrude?

The gears on the extruder are spinning in vain. I've pushed the filament as far as I can and tried a straight and angled cut on the end of the filament. That's pretty much exhausted my knowledge of 3D printing at this point.

First time using a 3D printer..
Did you read the startup instructions?

Remove all the shipping screws?

Photos or
a video of what it's doing would help too.

And what filament are you using?
What type??

Correct size ,yes?

Maybe the extruder is clogged?

Edit: I also made sure the extruder was unlocked when feeding the filament, then re-locked

It would be clogged if it was a Pre-owned printer..
Or a store demo unit that's been used before..

It shouldn't be clogged fresh from the factory.

What color is the hotend boot?
Is it a v1 ?

Last edited:
First time using a 3D printer..
Did you read the startup instructions?

Remove all the shipping screws?

Yeah, I believe it's all setup right and ready to to run, I went through their setup video a few times. It passes all the calibration checks anyway.

And what filament are you using?
What type??

Correct size ,yes?

It's a roll of 1.75 Hyper PLA that came with the printer.

What color is the hotend boot?
Is it a v1 ?

I would call it red, I think that is v2.

I saw on a couple videos you need to hold the bowden tube up right where it enters the extruder, and then try to push it in. That angle makes it hard for filament to push past.

That's right..

The "low" lid causes the Bowden tube to come in at really tight angle for the filament to go smoothly into the extruder...

You're want to print the top cover Raiser Mod as soon as possible to fix that problem. 😉

1703133106777.png

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6380174

I saw on a couple videos you need to hold the bowden tube up right where it enters the extruder, and then try to push it in. That angle makes it hard for filament to push past.

Yeah I tried that and no go. I'm looking at how I get the tube out of the extruder. I think it's just an interference fit.

Yeah I tried that and no go. I'm looking at how I get the tube out of the extruder. I think it's just an interference fit.

Pics?

I'm guessing it's the tube is not seated in all the way and the filament is caught right near the throat..

We have leakage!

I cut off a few feet of filament, cut a super sharp angle on the end and stood the tube up as much as I could on the extruder and I felt the filament go in further.

My first 3D print.

IMG_1012.jpg

We have leakage!

I cut off a few feet of filament, cut a super sharp angle on the end and stood the tube up as much as I could on the extruder and I felt the filament go in further.

My first 3D print.

View attachment 338106

It's a pain.. but it functions.. it has to do with the push lock on the extruder.. it lets the Bowden tip at an angle..

I've learned it's way easier if you cut the filament at a center point.. like a sharpened pencil.. watch the filament as it just about enters the extruder, then give it a quick solid push.. most the time you will hear it click past the obstruction and into the feeder assembly ..

You will notice when you retract the filament it will leave a point.. cut off the wisp and leave it like that.. less you have to do next time for loading..👍
See!
There it is.. throat jam!

Problem solved.

Okay...
What do you call that? 🤔

No matter..
Welcome to the 3D Club Party! 🥳 🍻

🤣🤣🤣... What you mean?.. that's that yum yum like we just talked about.. 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤣🤣🤣🤣

Or.... Is it the lasso of truth!?... 🤣🤣🤣🤣
That's right..

The "low" lid causes the Bowden tube to come in at really tight angle for the filament to go smoothly into the extruder...

You're want to print the top cover Raiser Mod as soon as possible to fix that problem. 😉

View attachment 338101

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6380174

Unfortunately this isn't a fix.. the Bowden is secured to the cable chain and the angle can not be fixed without a direct 90* coupler..

It exists, don't remember where I saw it.. once I got the hang of loading the filament I opted away from it.. 👍

Last edited:
Damn K1 Max, you crazy!

Finished in under two hours. I'm impressed, having done nothing other than hit 'Print'.

I wasn't expecting that..

You should to print the T-Rex head

Back