Senton Do sentons really suck?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have those inner fenders on my Mojave. Keeps out 90% of the dirt. It works.
I absolutely hate those chassis covers. ( Dusty Motors) Had many of them on different rigs. A Waste of my money.. A complete nuisance for me. Just brings a few other issues. And Cumbersome to deal with.
Fenders are all you need.
I wonder if their other options ( Senton 4x4, or Mojave) are cross compatible with the 6s Senton?

Not really.
Scorched RC designed/shaped the fenders specifically for each model. The fenders contour to each diff shape body. Nice tight fitting. And attach differently for each model. They made one for the 6s Senton last I checked. Maybe no more? IDK.

Not really.
Scorched RC designed/shaped the fenders specifically for each model. The fenders contour to each diff shape body. Nice tight fitting. And attach differently for each model. They made one for the 6s Senton last I checked. Maybe no more? IDK.
"Sold Out" on their web page. I'm hoping they didn't decide to discontinue them.

"Sold Out" on their web page. I'm hoping they didn't decide to discontinue them.
Yeah the Senton 6s was soon replaced by the Mojave IMHO.
Senton 6s is still an old dinosaur running around. With plenty of support still. Just not everything is available. It is aging .

Yeah the Senton 6s was soon replaced by the Mojave IMHO.
Senton 6s is still an old dinosaur running around. With plenty of support still. Just not everything is available. It is aging .
Just got an email from Scorched and the part became available. Order is in!👍

I just got back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and while I picked up some miniZs, touring cars, and 1/10 2wd buggies for mybson and I to race, Im really missing just banging around in the yard and street. Seriously thinking about picking up a Senton.

Interesting..
Good to know.
I'll make a mental note of that observation.. May come in handy one day.

Thank you for sharing that.
I took a few pics to show how it directs the air flow differently.
The foam bumper from the Vendetta blocks some of the airflow and adds some weight to it.
Not a lot, but it's noticeable.
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.45.55 PM.png

I think the lower rear plate actually helps direct air under the body better and helps push the front end down.
Running at full speed with this setup is more controllable than with the stock front and rear bumpers.
Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.45.10 PM.png

Rear tires are shredded... Ran the car up and down the street today doing donuts and general mayhem. Asphalt absolutely chews them up.
:D

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 2.54.16 PM.png

The foam bumper from the Vendetta blocks some of the airflow and adds some weight to it.
View attachment 210208

I think the lower rear plate actually helps direct air under the body better and helps push the front end down.
Running at full speed with this setup is more controllable than with the stock front and rear bumpers.
View attachment 210209
Rear tires are shredded... Ran the car up and down the street today doing donuts and general mayhem. Asphalt absolutely chews them up.

View attachment 210210

Thank you.
Appreciate the photos 👍

View attachment 210208

View attachment 210209

View attachment 210210
nah, those tires are still brand new compared to mine… XD

05DA4BF1-936F-43B3-9E48-5D239697EAD7.jpeg

Picture checks out. This guy Sentons

How are the two different just from a driving perspective ? Genuinely interested. Thanks
Well, both Arrma and Traxxas stock at the same price point... not much difference at all. I bought the Senton first but wanted to upgrade it and found not much for it. I was told if I wanted to upgrade, modify, and tinker I should look at the Slash. So many products are available for the Slash. So now I have 2 Slash SCT that are very different from each other and neither of them is like the Senton. All three are very fun to drive.

Well, both Arrma and Traxxas stock at the same price point... not much difference at all. I bought the Senton first but wanted to upgrade it and found not much for it. I was told if I wanted to upgrade, modify, and tinker I should look at the Slash. So many products are available for the Slash. So now I have 2 Slash SCT that are very different from each other and neither of them is like the Senton. All three are very fun to drive.

The Senton's chassis (LWB -Long Wheel Base) is based off ALL the Arrma 3S line. So, when it comes to upgrades and tweaks, you don't search/look only specifically for Senton...
You should look at all available upgrades for -Big Rock, Granite, Typhon, even Kraton 4S & Outcast 4S- They are all interchangeable ,Depending on what you want to achieve. There are a ton of choices to Modding it.
Just a courtesy heads up.

The only reason why i didn't buy a slash was i had heard that if you crash it the shock toppers would fly off. But who knows if that was true or not

The only reason why i didn't buy a slash was i had heard that if you crash it the shock toppers would fly off. But who knows if that was true or not
Very true, even the smallest jump the shock cap will just fall off, but it is a $14 fix with alloy shock caps (even come in bling colors).

I would say the Slash is a lot more refined and has an endless aftermarket. I'm still an arrma fan-boi but I have spent far more in repairs on my senton than slash...mostly revolving around the center driveline (spur, pinion, motor mount, clutch).

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back