Limitless Dual Motor Limitless tp motors scorched full length chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on everything. It’s really cool you are up there and still talk to us peasants.
No joke, man. It’s really cool, and the amount of talent here is pretty incredible. This really is a great group of people.

Last edited:
Do you get added to the list via a posting on a Facebook group?
I may want to start getting some of my stuff added to this list at some point.
Yes I usually see my name get updated when I post in either rc100mph group or arrmaspeedclub group. I believe the person just follows the pages and updates accordingly

126BB664-E73A-4F2C-964F-2844C99BDED7.jpeg
Last run netted a solid pass.
Dropped down the pinion 3 teeth and raised the spur 3 teeth for a less aggressive geared to mph and it did very well.
Unfortunately my logs were full and I didn’t get to read the data.
I’m sure this had a higher voltage at full throttle and much higher rpm’s.

Plan to run again with the same gearing

View attachment 240423Last run netted a solid pass.
Dropped down the pinion 3 teeth and raised the spur 3 teeth for a less aggressive geared to mph and it did very well.
Unfortunately my logs were full and I didn’t get to read the data.
I’m sure this had a higher voltage at full throttle and much higher rpm’s.

Plan to run again with the same gearing
7938ft?!?! BYOT (Bring Your Own Telescope)?

Probably closer to 6200-6300.
I aborted the first run and had to tinker with the steering for a couple minutes
Yeah, I remember you saying something about that in the video. Still bro, that's a hella long run.

@vwturbowolf You still using the Vitavon bulkheads? After a few of your runs have noticed the oversized input bearing holding up better than stock?
I decided to run one vitavon in the front and a stick in the rear to compare their wear. So far I change them both the same. No benefit for having the aluminum one that I can see

I could see two benefits!
1. Slightly more weight over the front wheels might help with stability and,
2. The ”groovy factor.” They look pretty darn sexy.

What is the reason you run aluminum arms?
My thoughts are: Con they are heaver, it doesn't matter if they bend things when you crash. Your car is going to be toast whether you're running plastic arms or alloy arms at that speed, pro your tolerances are going to be better, and pro your arms are going to be more rigid.

My thoughts are: Con they are heaver, it doesn't matter if they bend things when you crash. Your car is going to be toast whether you're running plastic arms or alloy arms at that speed, pro your tolerances are going to be better, and pro your arms are going to be more rigid.
I run them also. The problem with plastic is the droop screw is so far in that (in vwturbowolf's case) the arms flex under downforce. I used them because when setting droop the plastic threads would strip out sometimes since I was setting the front of the car so low. This problem can be alleviated via the use of nylon washers (learned from James McCoy). You put them underneath the shock piston so those lower the front without needing droop screws, or if needed you aren't cranking the crap out of them, just tweaking things a little.

I run them also. The problem with plastic is the droop screw is so far in that (in vwturbowolf's case) the arms flex under downforce. I used them because when setting droop the plastic threads would strip out sometimes since I was setting the front of the car so low. This problem can be alleviated via the use of nylon washers (learned from James McCoy). You put them underneath the shock piston so those lower the front without needing droop screws, or if needed you aren't cranking the crap out of them, just tweaking things a little.
+1
I run aluminum front lower arms for the same reason. After installing ultra stiff front springs the droop screws no longer worked and just stripped out.

Yeah, putting spacers under the pistons works, but it definitely isn't convenient having to take out your shocks, drain them, disassemble your shocks, take spacers out, put spacers in, refill the shocks, etc. every time you want to adjust droop.
A 10-20hp motor isn't going to notice the extra 20g of weight. It's literally a drop in the bucket of a 10-15lb car. Being able to easily and accurately adjust your front droop is worth infinitely more than the tiny increment in weight.

I would offer up one further pro for the aluminum arms: they have two different lower shock mounting positions.

I have had the same problem with my car on the front, that is a good reason for the front bottom arm, but why on all 3?
Dunno really. I use the stock bulkheads after a lengthy PM with @LibertyMKiii. He relayed info that Mr. McCoy told him from his own experience. And the rear arms on my car barely use the droop screws. Just to keep things lifting up even.

Dunno really. I use the stock bulkheads after a lengthy PM with @LibertyMKiii. He relayed info that Mr. McCoy told him from his own experience. And the rear arms on my car barely use the droop screws. Just to keep things lifting up even.
Yes. I'm glad I caught wind of James recommending the stock bulkheads just as I was about to pull the trigger on getting some aluminum ones. If stock is good enough for James, it's more than good enough for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back