E Revo 2.0 diffs compared to arrma diffs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You prolly woulda laughed harder if you woulda seen my face after it snapped off like a pretzel stick lol and the pinion still in the same spot?
LMAO I can only imagine. Good luck getting it off. I used a hammer.

Ah niiiice. You’re very good at working smarter not harder. I am not.
Well being that i work on actual cars and diesels that knowledge kind of ties in with this hobby so i try real mechanic tricks on the rcs lol most of the time it works thankfully because a stripped lock tite screw can turn into a nightmare real quick

Well being that i work on actual cars and diesels that knowledge kind of ties in with this hobby so i try real mechanic tricks on the rcs lol most of the time it works thankfully because a stripped lock tite screw can turn into a nightmare real quick
I'm on the same boat, I'm just too dumb to use my tools to my advantage. It's funny because I have every tool for the job on cars and trucks (but my specialty is gassers, not diesel) but I'm always struggling to find tools for rc.

I'm on the same boat, I'm just too dumb to use my tools to my advantage. It's funny because I have every tool for the job on cars and trucks (but my specialty is gassers, not diesel) but I'm always struggling to find tools for rc.
I think it's funny when we have the proper toll for the job but we would rather struggle with what's already in our hand because we think it would take longer to get the other proper tool than it would be to struggle for a bit longer lol

I think it's funny when we have the proper toll for the job but we would rather struggle with what's already in our hand because we think it would take longer to get the other proper tool than it would be to struggle for a bit longer lol
Finally someone understands my dilemmas.

Isn't it the same diff out if the x max? That thing is meaty and is it 1mil or 20mil I heard people say they came with 20mil lol sucks the rest of the truck doesn't hold up
Very similar design, but not as big.

Only took them 10 years of complaining to finally do something about it in the erevo... actually, not sure how old the erevo v1 is. Seems old now.
details-diff-comparison_bd91e73a-a121-46bb-a329-0fa0a10cb3fe_1024x1024.jpg

Only took them 10 years of complaining to finally do something about it in the erevo... actually, not sure how old the erevo v1 is. Seems old now.
My guess is if Arrma was having the level of issues the V1 erevo was having they would strengthen their diffs to. I mean Traxxas had no choice. The V1 drivetrain was exploding on any type of power. Garbage. The Arrma diffs are completely fine. I don't think I've ever broken an internal gear and any wear/damage on the ring and input gear was due to my stupidity. When making a wish list of improvements, stronger diffs is not high on my list. Thicker fluid, yes ??

My guess is if Arrma was having the level of issues the V1 erevo was having they would strengthen their diffs to. I mean Traxxas had no choice. The V1 drivetrain was exploding on any type of power. Garbage. The Arrma diffs are completely fine. I don't think I've ever broken an internal gear and any wear/damage on the ring and input gear was due to my stupidity. When making a wish list of improvements, stronger diffs is not high on my list. Thicker fluid, yes ??
Stronger diffs would be on my list I've shredded atleast 4ring gears and 1 pinion in 4 months. the teeth always chip on me as far as inside the diff just a couple sun gears broken

Stronger diffs would be on my list I've shredded atleast 4ring gears and 1 pinion in 4 months. the teeth always chip on me as far as inside the diff just a couple sun gears broken
Well there's always the erevo ??

Lol e revo diffs may be stronger but i don't think the truck will hold up to half the stuff the arrma will out of the box

I think there's a reason why you can find tons of videos of people doing extreme stuff with the Arrma rigs. Where's the Traxxas versions of @Rich Duperbash, @RC DUDE81 and @Thomas P ?

I think there's a reason why you can find tons of videos of people doing extreme stuff with the Arrma rigs. Where's the Traxxas versions of @Rich Duperbash, @RC DUDE81 and @Thomas P ?
That's what ive always wondered because when i had traxxas i couldn't even run a full battery pack reason arrmas are so successful it's a tried and true platform

Аctually it was 9.

Still way too long ? I don’t even care, it’s an excellent truck now.

To be honest I’m not sure why there are no Traxxas guys like them. I think it’s because rich D started the trend, and obviously him being a forum member here encouraged others to do it (arrma forum) so everyone who was motivated just doesn’t own a Traxxas MT.

Lol e revo diffs may be stronger but i don't think the truck will hold up to half the stuff the arrma will out of the box
So far I’m at 180 runs, 15 on 8s. I did break a diff once but that was because the motor seized up at top speed (70mph because I was using 8s on the stock motor doing a hard run up to a ramp LoL) and locked the drivetrain solid. It was the front diff, and a tooth chipped off. Luckily it just got thrown into the plastic of the diff case so the whole diff didn’t grenade. Because it’s up front (less strain) I actually still run that gear. The inputs are indesctructable I believe, I’ll put a picture of one. So far not a single person has busted one.. Hasn’t blown yet and the teeth around the broken one aren’t worn out yet. All my other runs were on 6s, with the stock (basically fully locked) center diff. I bash my trucks every run extremely hard, normally at skate parks and if not that, it’s construction sights. Few people have busted teeth on their diffs but that was due to self righting, which is a feature I don’t use and no sane person would. That is, unless you want your drivetrain spinning up to full speed and locking up over and over again until it’s back on its wheels. Sorry, I’ll just pick it up.

Edit: that motor lockup also torqued the transmission so hard that one of the steel bars actually cracked and broke the bearings. Balls went everywhere, including between gear teeth, but I was able to pry them all out with minimal damage, replace the tiny steel bar and bearings, and I’ve been good to go since.

So far I’m at 180 runs, 15 on 8s. I did break a diff once but that was because the motor seized up at top speed (50mph) and locked the drivetrain solid. It was the front diff, and a tooth chipped off. Luckily it just got thrown into the plastic of the diff case so the whole diff didn’t grenade. Because it’s up front (less strain) I actually still run that gear. The inputs are indesctructable I believe, I’ll put a picture of one. So far not a single person has busted one.. Hasn’t blown yet and the teeth around the broken one aren’t worn out yet. All my other runs were on 6s, with the stock (basically fully locked) center diff. I bash my trucks every run extremely hard, normally at skate parks and if not that, it’s construction sights. Few people have busted teeth on their diffs but that was due to self righting, which is a feature I don’t use and no sane person would. That is, unless you want your drivetrain spinning up to full speed and locking up over and over again until it’s back on its wheels. Sorry, I’ll just pick it up.
Lol what all do you have to keep the suspension together in the rear?

10-4 on that.... I think that bigger diffs are kind of a waste of time... makes more weight and mass... Arrma makes a strong drivetrain... I think that they should keep doing smart stuff like the t2t setup. i wish they would put o rings on the pillow ball hexes too... just like hot racing... my notorious hexes let loose every time i ran it. Besides, if they were perfect what would we all bit@h about everyday....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back